Did you have to catch up on sleep after all that insomnia?

Postby whathaveidone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:50 am

I have a random question for those of you who have recovered and can sleep again after a long withdrawal. Did you feel like there was a profound sleep deficit? Did you have to catch up on all those sleepless nights?

Or did your sleep simply regulate?

I guess I can't wait to sleep normal again.
whathaveidone

Likes Received: 1

Postby Eroica » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:28 am

I still get some sleepless nights after 9 months but Im getting about 7 hours every night and it feels so good. So to answer your question, i didnt make up my sleep deficit because most nights until about month 5 I wasnt getting much sleep.

Youll be fine. The sleep thing will resolve for you. Nothing bad will happen because youre in a sleep deficit. It seems really hard right now but it will slowly get better. Eventually, youll see that most nights youll be getting 5 plus hours, then 6 plus hours. Just dont smoke again and try to avoid sleep meds if you can.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby olympus92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 am

Man when I went through it all there was a run during a week when I had a wave of paws and slept most days and nights like it was sh** now if I get less than 8 hrs I feel off when I use to have 6 and be alright
olympus92

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Almost at a year...didnt sleep well for more than a day until the last couple weeks; and even now its only 1/3 the time.

It even doesnt seem to matter how long I sleep as much as how good the sleep is; sometimes I get 6 but feel okay; others Ill get 8; but wake up a bunch of times and feel drained the next day. Better than the first few months though; started at ~2hrs and increased slowly and plateaued at 6hrs after 6mo or so...finally getting more than 6 now on some days.

Related to the original question: No, I dont think you have to catch up all that lost sleep. You do to some extent - but not nearly as much as you would to make up all of it. On good days, I sleep 8-10 hrs if I didnt sleep well the few nights before; but it doesnt change that much if I slept bad the last 3 nights vs the last 15 nights - I sleep the same amount to catch up.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 30

Postby leavepawsbehind » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm

After my worst insomnia, I did go through a stage of sleeping for 9-10 hours a day and never feeling completely rested. Finally went away though and my sleep has been normal since, although I occasionally have a few days here and there where I have trouble sleeping. I occasionally had trouble sleeping before I ever smoked marijuana or went through withdrawal though :)
leavepawsbehind

Likes Received: 32

Postby weedbaddrug » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:19 am

leavepawsbehind wrote:After my worst insomnia, I did go through a stage of sleeping for 9-10 hours a day and never feeling completely rested. Finally went away though and my sleep has been normal since, although I occasionally have a few days here and there where I have trouble sleeping. I occasionally had trouble sleeping before I ever smoked marijuana or went through withdrawal though :)

Hi LeavesPawsBehind

How you feeling ? How is your tinnitus, racing thought and floaters?

Do you believe you have fully recovered? If not, are you still seeing improvements?
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 3

Postby uniqueason » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:14 am

hey weedbad drug how are you doing now im still have all those you just mentioned above and im at 7.5 month right now
uniqueason

Likes Received: 7

Postby weedbaddrug » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:18 am

I slowly was coming out of the bad state at 8 or 9 months. This can take years, take it easy, relax, exercise, eat well, get distracted when you have bad thoughts. If you just sit and wait you won't get better. Gl
weedbaddrug

Likes Received: 3