THC microdosing...

Postby katok » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:41 pm

anyone try to use microsoding to get rid of PAWS.

Idea could be to taper off THC completely by microdosing and slowly reducing the amounts..

---excerpt from a study-----

However, this paradigm has been recently challenged by a group of scientists who have shown that THC is also able to improve neurological function in old animals when chronically administered at low concentrations. Moreover, recent studies demonstrated that THC paradoxically promotes hippocampal neurogenesis, prevents neurodegenerative processes occurring in animal models of Alzheimer's disease, protects from inflammation‐induced cognitive damage and restores memory and cognitive function in old mice. With the aim to reconcile these seemingly contradictory facts, this work will show that such paradox can be explained within the framework of hormesis, defined as a biphasic dose‐response.
katok
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 pm
Likes Received: 1


#1

Postby dhae2604 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:13 pm

May i ask what country are you from? Are you from asia?
dhae2604
Junior Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:14 pm
Likes Received: 26

#2

Postby katok » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:15 pm

Nope..from North America..why do you ask.
katok
New Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 pm
Likes Received: 1

#3

Postby Eroica » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Tapering has its place its for drugs like benzos and opiates, but I dont think pot withdrawal is so bad that tapering is required.

Are you an addict? If so, you probably cant consume moderately, so Im not sure why you brought up the study about the benefits of microdosing.

If youve used pot for years, I dont see how microdosing for a month or two will help. You will still get PAWS.
Eroica
Junior Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:47 am
Likes Received: 7

#4

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:13 am

katok wrote:Idea could be to taper off THC completely by microdosing and slowly reducing the amounts..

---excerpt from a study-----

However, this paradigm has been recently challenged by a group of scientists who have shown that THC is also able to improve neurological function in old animals when chronically administered at low concentrations. Moreover, recent studies demonstrated that THC paradoxically promotes hippocampal neurogenesis, prevents neurodegenerative processes occurring in animal models of Alzheimer's disease, protects from inflammation‐induced cognitive damage and restores memory and cognitive function in old mice. With the aim to reconcile these seemingly contradictory facts, this work will show that such paradox can be explained within the framework of hormesis, defined as a biphasic dose‐response.


Why taper off when according to what you posted THC has all of these great benefits?

In other words, you have posted a contradiction. You imply that because THC has some benefits that a person should quit doing THC slowly.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11012
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1146

#5

Postby Candid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 am

katok wrote:THC is also able to improve neurological function in old animals when chronically administered at low concentrations. Moreover, recent studies demonstrated that THC paradoxically promotes hippocampal neurogenesis, prevents neurodegenerative processes occurring in animal models of Alzheimer's disease, protects from inflammation‐induced cognitive damage and restores memory and cognitive function in old mice.


Yes, I could do with some of that. Who do I have to squeak to about it?
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 434

#6

Postby biohack9 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 pm

This is because THC microdosing is where it's at! It has incredible medicinal benefits, as well as all the other cannabinoids. However, it must be responsibly used in micro doses and infrequently. If you can't have that, then it's a double edged sword and will cause problems long term. The poison is always in the dose! Weed/THC isn't the problem, it's US and our relationship with it.

I'm personally going to micro dose (I micro dab because I actually hate vaping weed) in order to be able to get some sleep again. So tapering (even after cold turkey lol!) definitely has its place!

Thanks for posting this thread!!
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#7

Postby Candid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:33 pm

biohack9 wrote:I'm personally going to micro dose (I micro dab because I actually hate vaping weed) in order to be able to get some sleep again.


Insomnia's a bitch. I presently use Pregabalin to sleep but am concerned about addiction and side-effects.

Oh well.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 434

#8

Postby biohack9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Candid wrote:
biohack9 wrote:I'm personally going to micro dose (I micro dab because I actually hate vaping weed) in order to be able to get some sleep again.


Insomnia's a bitch. I presently use Pregabalin to sleep but am concerned about addiction and side-effects.

Oh well.


It certainly destroys any quality of life. Be careful with that one, I believe it's similar to Gabapentin. My friend attempted suicide withdrawing from it.

Just my own opinion, but it might be healthier/safer to use cannabis than a drug like that.
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#9

Postby Candid » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:16 am

biohack9 wrote: My friend attempted suicide withdrawing from it.


I can understand that! I was concerned about my consumption going up and up so now it's three or four nights a week. The day after not taking any I wake up lethally depressed, then things get worse as the day goes on.

Just my own opinion, but it might be healthier/safer to use cannabis than a drug like that.


I dunno... Like most people with C-PTSD I get addicted very easily. Anything for sweet relief, right?
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9030
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 434

#10

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:30 pm

I dunno... Like most people with C-PTSD I get addicted very easily. Anything for sweet relief, right?[/quote]

Definitely feel you on that.. so THAT'S why i've always had such an addictive personality.... for me it was weed+sex.

No cure right? Just gotta live with and manage?

That sounds really bad though man, do you get that crippling depressed after not using weed? Fortunately my depression doesn't get too severe, it's mostly anxiety (which I don't have when using weed), and the biggest issue is anhedonia and lack of motivation and drive. Like I can't even get myself to buy a pair of shoes online because the procrastination is just next level.

Could be way worse though, so I count all my blessings and give thanks for what I do have.
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 10

#11

Postby izzy95 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:21 pm

I would prefer CBD over THC to be honest
izzy95
Junior Member
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
Likes Received: 0



Return to Addictions