Clonidine for Withdrawal Night Sweats

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 am

The problem is that no one no where told me what doses do what. Or even that a high dose could cause this. No website, none of the books I bought before I dove in, none of the people I asked for advice, none of the testimonials I looked at online mentioned PAWS. Most addictions websites say 3 weeks of withdrawl and you are done. When I did my risk reward analysis, that's what I went in with Cannabis on. I can accept I got chemically addicted. But it was ignorance, not a lack of due diligence. I read and researched for months before trying any. I even had a temperature chart so I wouldn't vape high enough to consume benzene. I never would have dosed that high / consistently if I had known i could be in a 1-2 year battle. I mean with booze, at least you know when you are going too far. I had no idea with each inhale I was killing my brain. Just food for thought. I've found a fair amount of people who have done what I've done, and we're all suffering. Open information about PAWS is the vaccine for future people ending up in this predicament.

This is from Wikipedia, perhaps it's out of date "While post-acute withdrawal syndrome has been reported by those in the recovery community, there have been few scientific studies supporting its existence.[8] Because of this, the disorder is not recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders[9] or major medical associations.". Stuff like this though is why I never came across it in my initial research. It's not even on the label of the product.

Just honest talk, I'm more glad for the support. I know what I did, and I know how I got chemically addicted. I should have not have played scientist when I really have no idea. My ego got to me. I just do my best not to feel guilty after I did all my due diligence and made an unlucky mistake.

Wish you well in your recovery as well.
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 6

Postby biohack9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 am

Long term use of cannabis lowers baseline dopamine levels and causes anxiety/depression... the studies are out there. You didn't see that it addicts about 10% of those who try it? With that said it's FAR safer than alcohol, but it's still a drug, and the poison is always in the DOSE. Even a basic search in Reddit, or a browse through Reddit Leaves would allow you to see just how much people are suffering even long term. Wikipedia is full of incorrect information... anyone can edit it.

Just a basic search came up with a real study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5414724/

"The CWS is a criterion of CUDs (DSM-5) and cannabis dependence (DSM-IV-R, ICD-10). Several lines of evidence from human studies indicate that cessation from long-term and regular cannabis use precipitates a specific withdrawal syndrome with mainly mood and behavioral symptoms of light to moderate intensity, which can usually be treated in an outpatient setting."

Now I know you didn't use long term per se, but you did use "regularly". However, you are an exceptional case IMO and there are so many variables and factors like age, health, body composition, how much water you drink, exercise, sauna, etc etc etc.

I think (just my opinion of course) that you were extremely naive and your due diligence was subpar, and had nothing to do with luck. You abused a drug... regardless of how safe, and now have to suffer the consequences. Consider yourself lucky, some people have such severe panic attacks after even just one use that they're never the same again.

It's a psychotropic substance, and if you decide to play with fire, you know what can happen. Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's safe. Look at tobacco right... it's proven to kill MILLIONS... much more than some covid hoax, yet I don't see them ceasing sale$. You are your best own advocate.... no different than not putting your life in the hands of your doctor.

You'll be okay, it's just really weird that it's been so long... and i'm personally fully prepared to never be the same again myself, because it can cause structural changes to your brain long term. And maybe even heavy usage in the short term.

I just can't believe how good I feel after 10 days, so much of it is a mystery because like you said there isn't much known about cessation other than "flu like symptoms" and PAWS for up to two years (but studies show dopamine to recover in about 14 months).

I still maintain that it's an amazing plant medicine, and who knows, you may want it again at some point in your life if you're battling cancer heaven forbid, or get wickedly brutal insomnia after losing a loved one. Much safer than sleeping pills or anti depressants. You want hellish withdrawals and PAWS? Get hooked on those... or opioids, alcohol, etc. That sh** can legit actually KILL you. Weed paws? Yeah it sucks, but it won't kill you. Cheers friend.
biohack9

Likes Received: 9

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Respect first. I respect your opinion.
And yes, as for facts, I did abuse a drug. Now I know that I was abusing it.

But I will continue with that what happened was not a result of due diligence. I think you read some of the posts as someone who has gone through the ringer of withdrawl, and not someone researching. The site you quoted said "symptoms of light to moderate intensity,". Nausea, Dizzyness, Brain Zaps, Depersonalization, Parathesia, Anhedonia, Chills, Mood, time distortions, Mood swings, Numb limbs, Brain Fog, Panic Attacks, and permanent brain changes are all "Light and moderate"? Those have been my symptoms. As for other factors, before I ventured into this, I checked for mental illness in my family. I run marathons, have a yoga certification, can Deadlift 300 pounds, and follow nutritional advice from Rhonda Patrick.

I was foolish to think because it was legal, and that I had done my research, that nothing could go wrong. Yet at the same time, there is a massive gap of information to the public. For as many people that are on this forum dealing with this, there are others, quiet, trying to solve their problems on their own. I've learned there are more like me. And probably more falling into the trap.

My point, is that the risks of this "drug" are not adequately advertised. Just cause it's a plant doesn't mean it doesn't cause harm. And that's the biggest myth of all with it. Every substance is a risk reward proposition. I just think information needs to be out and in the open about it. And consistent.

I'm glad I should recover and that it won't kill me. If i'm permanently altered, at least I'm still functional. I'll just consider myself as having an impairment of some kind.

Have a nice day. Best wishes to you and all on here getting clean.
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 6

Postby biohack9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:05 pm

The risks of sugar or alcohol aren't adequately advertised either... same with EMF's, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, tap water, etc. The onus is on you, and I think you've learned that the hard way on this one. And F Rhonda Patrick! LOL Cheers bro!
biohack9

Likes Received: 9

Previous