Questioning tracking post quitting

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Then perhaps you shouldn't be here. Cultish beliefs about PAWS? LOL
biohack9

Likes Received: 9

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Ok bio... you clearly need to be right or have the last word, so I'll let you have it.
tokeless

Likes Received: 275

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:34 pm

tokeless wrote:Ok bio... you clearly need to be right or have the last word, so I'll let you have it.

LOL! Bit hypocritical no? Actions speak louder than words... has nothing to do with being "right".. about what??

You tell people they blame everything on PAWS, you successfully quit yourself ages ago, and yet still come here and they people it's "all in their head" LOL

You really are a special snowflake. Make sure you put on your helmet today.
biohack9

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:43 pm

I come here to share my knowledge of drug use and recovery. I can only offer what I believe. Try and not rant at me because I'm clearly of little importance to you, so try and remain calm.
tokeless

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 pm

tokeless wrote:I come here to share my knowledge of drug use and recovery. I can only offer what I believe. Try and not rant at me because I'm clearly of little importance to you, so try and remain calm.

You successfully kicked weed how many years ago? And you're here telling people that it's all in their head or something else. You are such a saint! God bless you!
biohack9

Postby tokeless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Bio, I've been on this forum for 12 years and licked weed about 7-8 years ago after 35 of using daily. You've been here 6 months or so and ask me what I'm doing here. What did you come here for? Advice, understanding, other views or just to rant at people who don't share your views
tokeless

Postby biohack9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

tokeless wrote:Bio, I've been on this forum for 12 years and licked weed about 7-8 years ago after 35 of using daily. You've been here 6 months or so and ask me what I'm doing here. What did you come here for? Advice, understanding, other views or just to rant at people who don't share your views

I came here for a support community, and although I recently registered i've been on here for years (as well as CannabisRehab). You started all this nonsense... and so much for your hypocritical "last word" bs.

It all started when I struck a nerve saying that your abuse was caused by you trolling. Which you do so often you don't even realize it.

You're such a hypocrite it's not even funny, telling people to move on and forget about this forum, and here you are Mr. Hypocrite on a "crusade" to help people by basically telling them that their symptoms are NOT PAWS.

You're such a tremendous asset! Now, i'll let YOU have the LAST word since you don't even have the ability to do what you say.
biohack9

Postby underdog_ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:06 am

Glad there is a quite time on this thread.
Making just a guess - our mindset during early stages of withdrawal and full recovery are different - Sensitivity, perceptions and patience. Its challenging to understand each other's mental stages and I am no exception.
Sticking to this point but diverting a little, I will talk abt the social aspects after withdrawal at my stage.

I have mostly been around the people (frnd/fam) who don't know much abt addictions in general. Knew i have a bad habit but not the intensity of my addiction and current recovery as well.
Over the years under the influence I built a certain image and perception abt me in their eyes. Now with a clean mind I can't relate to what they think I am. I can identify good vs garbage talk, fake vs good intentions, passive aggressive, rejecting or taken for granted behavior. Mostly done in a mild way, overall they like me.

I can't blame them and no point confronting every time or rejecting them from life. My action under influence have built these perception. as of now, I am taking it easy with some diplomacy & smart talks. I know that more than words action will speak for itself over time.

Any one experienced this? How did you handle & succeed?
underdog_

Likes Received: 2

Postby wakinglife » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Good question, Underdog.

Social relationships changed substantially after I quit smoking cannabis. My family (who I'd mainly kept it hidden from) saw a side of me that was more patient and present-- Note: this is after I'd quit for a while, after the initial withdrawals and PAWS.

Friendships shifted drastically: the true friends (people who liked the real me, without enhancements, stuck around). Some of my core circle turned out to merely be people I partied with. Once we no longer had cannabis binding us together we drifted apart. On that note, quitting cannabis actually put me off ALL drugs for a long time -- no coke, MDMA, psilocybin, or any other substances (except alcohol and caffeine).

It was likely due to the fact that I was able to quit after I broke up with a sweet gal who was at the center of a very active nightlife (DJ, party scene) crew. I missed her, and those times, but being away from it helped me grow. The people who stood by me (through the breakup with the girl and the weed) were the true gems of that mix.

Losing drug-taking friends came with quitting drugs. Having the inner confidence to get out there and make new friends came from acceptance of who I really am.

Be gentle with yourself (and the ones you love) as you progress through the first 6 months to a year. The true friends will still be there, and you'll have the clarity and self assurance to get out there and expand your social circle to include new people as well.

You've got this!

WL
wakinglife
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 288

Postby Eroica » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:00 pm

I used to count days but now at almost 11 months I just count months.

PAWS will happen whether you think about it or not. If you could control anxiety and depression just by not thinking about it, then very few people would have it. Same for the physical symptoms like ED and headaches.
Eroica

Likes Received: 7

Postby underdog_ » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:08 am

WakingLife - Thanks for the insight and congrats for the achievements.

Talking with 1.5 months experience:

Relationships:

Patience is the virtue & acceptance of ppl's flaws is the key. My own perceptions keep changing with the ongoing mental rewiring. With whatever clarity I have achieved so far, I feel that - giving few honest tries to keep ppl in life is important.

Benefits:

Experiencing life whether good or bad, Happy that I am not a dead meat lost in my head.

PAWS or ?:

Hypersomnia, Bad food reacts to body instantly, Too much flapping (quick gratification)
Anxiety comes with some bad experience or being unproductive - improves when get engaged into s'thing productive.

New Adventure:

Left Cigg smoking 3 days ago, was doing just 2 or 3 a day socially. Feel strong enough to get through this.
underdog_

Likes Received: 2

Previous