3 months clean from weed.. everything hurts

Postby 8hy7ijt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:42 am

So I quit weed 3 months ago.

My story starts when I was eating a lot of edibles for a year. I thought that doing that would be healthier than having wine. One night out of nowhere I had a severe panic attack with racing thoughts and it was absolutely awful.

Back story..10 years ago I had gotten addicted to benzo by accident because I was young and took them for a month straight, but recovered. I had realized that during this panic attack this felt the same as that... but I never thought weed would cause such a feeling.

So I decided to stop the edibles.. but my mind was warped. I kept spiralling into paranoia thoughts and having anxiety.

I begin to get pins and needles throughout my whole body. My face and tongue went numb from panic attacks. Up to this point I went to the doctors 6 times to see what was wrong with me. I got blood tests, xrays, the works...

The doctors found nothing.. so I suffered through everything. I decided to not use anymore..and I got night sweats.. vivid dreams.. insomnia.. was over eating and under eating. Feelings of anhedonia .. and then at almost 3 months I got a window of clarity...i felt like myself again.. literally this was 4 hours ago and I was thinking I was making great progress...

Until I woke up from a panic attack again..this time oh my god my muscles are so stiff and sore. My jaw is so tense I got the numb tongue and face again.. racing thoughts. It felt like I had just quit again from the beginning.

I'm feeling so afraid and overwhelmed and convinced I have ms or my health is in bad shape and I'm gonna be sick this way forever.

So during this really really bad wave of withdrawal symtoms. What can I do to tell myself I am gonna get better, and the doctors didnt miss anything?

Thank you for the support.
8hy7ijt

Likes Received: 0

Postby tokeless » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:51 am

Firstly, you will get better and try and focus on that. I'm sure during your benzo withdrawal you may have felt the same and you recovered. Symptoms of panic attacks can be very physical with strange sensations and cramping of the fingers which can feel like something really bad is happening to you. If you have these attacks try and recognise them as early as you can and try this. Get a paper bag and narrow the neck as though you were going to inflate it. Breathe in and out of the bag with your mouth sealed to it. This will make you breath back in your breath out, which increases your CO2 levels. When you hyper ventilate you reduce your CO2 and this helps raise it again. The panic will subside and will work even if already in panic mode. Try mindfulness and focus on positive thoughts. It will pass in time but we are all different. Spend time with others as this will occupy your mind so you don't over focus on how you feel. Hope that helped.
Best wishes
tokeless

Likes Received: 275

Postby 8hy7ijt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Oh I survived the panic attack. Literally that one was pretty bad.

I find in this portion of withdrawal I have really tight muscles. It's funny because I never experienced that during my first withdrawal 10 years ago.. or maybe because it was so long ago I dont remember.

I wish I didnt have to go through this process and just be done with substances. I have learned now, I am sensitive to them and will probably not touch anything ever again.

Thanks for the reply
8hy7ijt

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 pm

I got tight/sore muscles from weed withdrawal for 10-11 months (among other symptoms). It is common PAWS symptom from weed.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 29

Postby 8hy7ijt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Oh I'm so glad its normal.
The only stupid reason why I started using weed was to take the edge off grieving the loss of my mother.

She passed of a random stroke.. so that gave me some health related trauma.

Now all these withdrawal symptoms freak me out more than because of my trauma. Good thing is I started seeing a cbt counselor!

Thanks for saying it lasted so long. Makes me feel like I dont have a disease.

Appreciate it ♡
8hy7ijt

Postby biohack9 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:49 pm

tokeless wrote:Get a paper bag and narrow the neck as though you were going to inflate it. Breathe in and out of the bag with your mouth sealed to it. This will make you breath back in your breath out, which increases your CO2 levels. When you hyper ventilate you reduce your CO2 and this helps raise it again. The panic will subside and will work even if already in panic mode.

While your science is correct, this is very old and out of date bad advice. I work in the emergency services. We don't even put an o2 mask on the patient, just hold it by their face, and calm them down. Bag rebreathing has killed people.
biohack9

Likes Received: 9

Postby tokeless » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:54 pm

biohack9 wrote:
tokeless wrote:Get a paper bag and narrow the neck as though you were going to inflate it. Breathe in and out of the bag with your mouth sealed to it. This will make you breath back in your breath out, which increases your CO2 levels. When you hyper ventilate you reduce your CO2 and this helps raise it again. The panic will subside and will work even if already in panic mode.

While your science is correct, this is very old and out of date bad advice. I work in the emergency services. We don't even put an o2 mask on the patient, just hold it by their face, and calm them down. Bag rebreathing has killed people.

It's actually an accepted method which if used on the wrong condition, such asthma attack misdiagnosed as hyperventilating can be dangerous. The problem isn't the method, more misdiagnosed conditions. That's two different things.
tokeless

Postby biohack9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:12 am

Here, I made it easier for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=panic+a ... e&ie=UTF-8

Stop giving bad advice that could actually end someone's life.
biohack9

Postby tokeless » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 am

biohack9 wrote:Here, I made it easier for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=panic+a ... e&ie=UTF-8

Stop giving bad advice that could actually end someone's life.

Did you actually read your article or just the headline? It actually supports my suggestion If the diagnosis is sure. Here's an article for you. It's not a first aid guide it's more scientific .

https://patient.info/doctor/hyperventilation
tokeless

Postby biohack9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 am

WTF are you talking about? I didn't post an article or a first aid guide.

How would you know the diagnoses for sure? Even OP was so confused he thought he had MS! If OP doesn't know the score, you definitely don't either. It's dangerous advice that could KILL!

Your article is 5 years old.

If anyone else is reading this, do not breathe into a paper bag!! Or do, whatever.

Bye now.
biohack9

Postby tokeless » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Bye.
tokeless

Postby izzy95 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:18 pm

It's just withdrawal symtoms, but things WILL get better over time. Allow your body to adjust and recover
izzy95

Postby 8hy7ijt » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Thank you I'm feeling better. The panic has stopped again. Cant wait for my rewards system to get back into gear. Thank you
8hy7ijt

Return to Addictions