Maybe someone can relate?

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:06 am

I hit my 2 year mark from dealing with PAWS. I still am not 100 percent but I was feeling more optimistic/like myself/better? Don't know how to explain it. Then I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic (I didn't even need) and had to be rushed to the hospital. I got some prednisone and benadryl to stop the allergic reaction but my heart rate shot up to 180 and they couldn't stabilize it. So they gave me two other shots of different meds....then I was admitted to the hospital to keep an eye on me. I was really out of it but was slowly doing better. I got home and after the second day woke up with excruciating burning in my stomach and threw up and kept using the restroom. Called my Dr she said it was gerd and put me on a ppi. I took it one day and hated it. Made my head feel weird and haven't taken it just have been dealing with this awful burning its gotten better from the first days but still not gone. I know my body and brain is still sensitive but I stayed hopful that paws wouldn't come back with a vengeance because of all the meds. You know hospital meds....so anyway fast forward to today a little over two weeks after everything started. I felt my body slowly start to not feel right and then my head. It felt like PAWS wanting to go back to the beginning months. I feel terrible. I am almost at 26 months. Could paws hit me really bad again because of all the meds? I have made it so far I can't go back to that nightmare. I hope someone can relate, have gone through something similar (not the allergic life threatening thing) just having to be giving strong meds while still not completely over PAWS and still kept improving instead of getting thrown back to hell.
HopefulMe

Likes Received: 9

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:41 am

HopefulMe wrote: I am almost at 26 months. Could paws hit me really bad again because of all the meds?

Mentally? As in, can a person believe that because they used a drug 26 months ago that using meds will cause the symptoms of that drug to "reactivate"? Yes. Absolutely people can believe that and it can impact them.

Physiologically? Nope. After 26 months there will be zero cause-effect relationship between new meds and chemicals that are no longer in your system.

If you believe that a drug can still impact you 26 months later, then it stands to reason that these new meds will have similar impacts. 26 months from now if you experience a stomach ache, how will you know if it is related to PAWS or prednisone or benadryl, or X or Y or Z medication you have taken over the last 26 months?

Whatever physical symptoms you experienced due to the hospital meds has zero relationship to chemicals that were in your system 26 months ago.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1128

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 am

Did you go through PAWS?
HopefulMe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:39 am

HopefulMe wrote:Did you go through PAWS?

I understand, your ability to think clearly is most likely still impaired. Substance abuse can have a lasting impact on a person's ability to reason, i.e. it can negatively impact cognitive function. It can cause emotional irrationality. While the chemicals are long gone, the structural impacts to your brain can be long term.

Did you go through menopause? No? Does that mean that you can't possibly know anything about menopause and how it works? Of course not.

It is possible that people that have not gone through menopause can still know infinitely more about certain aspects of menopause than those that actually experience menopause.

But hey, stick around and most certainly there will be someone to provide you the answer you wish to hear. There will be someone who has no clue about physiology, but they smoked a lot of weed, to come along and tell you how after 5, 10, or maybe 15 years they took some medicine and PAWS resurfaced. And you will blindly accept whatever they say, because it feels good and helps to reinforce what you wish to believe.

26 months later, the meds at the hospital did not interact with any residual chemicals of the drugs you abused.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:28 am

Alright. Thank you. Sorry if I struck a nerve. I appreciate you trying to answer. I wasn't trying to be mean. Just you know experiencing something first hand and understanding fully my question and where I'm coming from is something that I could tell from your answer that you didn't. Again I appreciate you trying to answer even if in your second comment you were a d**k but it is what it is I knew the risk of posting here. I know people that are fully recovered don't come on here as much or anymore but people that haven't gone through PAWS are here....for some reason (sorry for sounding like a jerk it just really confuses me as to why they are on here and not living their life but hey whatever tickles their b*tt h*les I guess) Personally I would go to someone that has gone skydiving if I have any questions about skydiving instead of going to someone that has only seen skydivers. Everyone thinks different and that's OK. Well thank you for trying to answer and take care.
HopefulMe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:58 am

HopefulMe wrote: Personally I would go to someone that has gone skydiving if I have any questions about skydiving instead of going to someone that has only seen skydivers.

And that would be pretty smart of you. Knowing how and from whom to seek advice is a skill.

And so if you wished to know about how current medicines might interact with residual chemicals from 26 months ago, you would go to the people that actually deal with that topic on a regular basis, i.e. doctors, not the addicts that have only seen doctors.

[/quote] Everyone thinks different and that's OK. [/quote]

If you mean in the grand nihilistic sense then sure, it's all good. But, if you mean in an ethical sense, then no, it actually isn't OK. For example it isn't OK that some people think it is okay to abuse children.

Misinformation, bad information, or ignorance is a natural part of being human, but that doesn't necessarily make it OK.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:14 am

You clearly don't know what PAWS is and thats OK. Lucky you. Welp thanks for answering angry internet stranger. Take care and stay safe out there.
HopefulMe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:12 am

And you clearly don't know how medicine might interact with your physiology. That's OK. But, not knowing from whom you should seek that information, not as OK.

I wish you that you take care and stay safe as well, but I'm not sure that you have yet learned how. Or possibly there are some long term cognitive impacts from the drugs you abused. Given your skydiver comment you seem capable of making an analogy, yet draw the wrong conclusions.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:34 am

Yes, yes you get off on trying to insult people. I get it already. You're the smartest person and are right no matter what. **** everything that isn't the way you think. Or your own personal experience or whatever. Please move on from my post. I'm sure someone out there has posted something about something that I'm sure you have an opinion on.
HopefulMe

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:08 am

HopefulMe wrote: I get it already.

Do you though? I don't think so.

I understand that my responses were not the answers you were shopping for and this can feel like an insult. That doesn't mean you understand why I participate in the forum or that you "get it".

Anyway, it isn't really important that you get it as this is a public forum. Others will come along after two years of being off a substance and hopefully think, "Hmm, maybe I should ask a doctor about how chemicals I used last week might interact with chemicals I stopped using over two years ago".

I understand you are just in the forum seeking to validate your beliefs. Apologies that I'm not the person to do that for you. I'm sure if you continue to shop eventually you will find someone to help you.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:02 am

Where are all those former users still gripped in the agony of PAWS three, five and ten years after they last lit up? Usually they're here in droves, counting the days and exhorting each other to "stay strong".

HopefulMe wrote:people that haven't gone through PAWS are here....for some reason (sorry for sounding like a jerk it just really confuses me as to why they are on here and not living their life

Because this is a psychology forum not, as it so often appears, a place for former dope fiends to congregate and commiserate with each other that they're no longer using.

Stay strong, HopefulMe. It's only a matter of time before someone gives the answer you want.

Could paws hit me really bad again because of all the meds?

Yes.

Oh look, there it is!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 410

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Oh boy....another one. Well it is what it is.
HopefulMe

Postby Candid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:30 pm

If we can take your mind off the agony you're suffering with PAWS, all to the good.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 410

Postby TMT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills and candid please stop the bullying, lest you discourage the victim into a relapse. If you are sure concerning the chemical reaction after 26months drug free then you know well that PAWS triggers are often strange, unprovoked, ill defined and incomprehensible.
You hopefulme on the other hand must open up and free your mind, going through PAWS is difficult and understanding your triggers can help you avoid it, but sometimes there are no triggers, just stay calm and committed, it takes time to get back to normal. Olskoolru's posts in this forum might help you.
TMT

Likes Received: 11

Postby HopefulMe » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Don't worry about them I'm not getting bullied. Just dealing with two boomers that are spending their golden years the best way they know how. I'm going to see my Dr tomorrow. I have been seeing her once a month sense all this started for me two years ago. She has dealt with people going through PAWS and withdrawal from MJ plenty of times so I am going to tell her about what I feel and see what my best rout is with the medicine she perscribed. I'm also calling my substance abuse councilor. I'm at 25 and a half months I know that there are other people here that are still sensitive at 2 years and I know that symptoms can hit hard again at the two year mark. I'm just trying to be cautious. I have had alot going on and well I know my body better than anyone and know I'm still sensitve and not 100 percent yet but i know ima get there ^_^.I was just trying to connect with others on here like I have before .I noticed that the issue that I'm having on this post has been a commen thing on here now from the most recent posts I have read. I took that risk tho like I said and posted. Thank you for being there for me I appreciate it good to see that there are still supportive people here.
HopefulMe

Next