Maybe someone can relate?

Postby TMT » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Thank you tokeless, that's exactly the way I would go too, so we are not that far apart. Exercise, friends and family, good food, hydration, sunshine, relaxation, good distraction and especially give it time. Non smoker exsmoker what ever you call it is not important once your are committed to your new lifestyle. Best wishes.
TMT

Likes Received: 11

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:16 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
HopefulMe wrote:Did you go through PAWS?

I understand, your ability to think clearly is most likely still impaired. Substance abuse can have a lasting impact on a person's ability to reason, i.e. it can negatively impact cognitive function. It can cause emotional irrationality. While the chemicals are long gone, the structural impacts to your brain can be long term.

Did you go through menopause? No? Does that mean that you can't possibly know anything about menopause and how it works? Of course not.

It is possible that people that have not gone through menopause can still know infinitely more about certain aspects of menopause than those that actually experience menopause.

But hey, stick around and most certainly there will be someone to provide you the answer you wish to hear. There will be someone who has no clue about physiology, but they smoked a lot of weed, to come along and tell you how after 5, 10, or maybe 15 years they took some medicine and PAWS resurfaced. And you will blindly accept whatever they say, because it feels good and helps to reinforce what you wish to believe.

26 months later, the meds at the hospital did not interact with any residual chemicals of the drugs you abused.

Geez, who's being "Emotionally irrational". Triggered much? What are your credentials exactly? I read you work at the Holiday Inn?
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 14

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:53 am

TMT wrote: I'm sorry but Im done with citations especially after my academic pursuits

...some OPs had gone suicidal because of withdrawal and PAWS and only rescinded when they understood what the symptoms were, and that it will eventually go with time and commitment.

Did they go suicidal because of PAWS or because of the belief in what PAWS represents? You don't know. Neither do I.

People can go suicidal because the stock market crashes. People can go suicidal because they believe the world is coming to an end. So yes, people can go suicidal based solely on what they believe. I agree with you.

People rescinded when their beliefs about what PAWS is or isn't changes.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1127

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:21 am

PAWSsurvivor wrote: What are your credentials exactly?

Welcome to the conversation PAWSbeliever.

Have you ever heard of "resignation syndrome"? No drugs or addiction required. It is just the power of belief that has created remarkable symptoms in a very specific population, refugee children in Sweden.

https://bioethics.georgetown.edu/2016/0 ... ypothesis/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4731541/

From the second link: 'Building on this theoretical framework we propose a neurobiological model of RS in which the impact of overwhelming negative expectations are directly causative of the down-regulation of higher order and lower order behavioral systems in particularly vulnerable individuals.'

Connect the above with people that suffer from PAWS.

You used a vaporizer to inhale THC for 3 months. Eight months later you are experiencing symptoms that you fearfully believe are a result of the THC damaging your brain. As someone reasonably concerned with your health and fitness, you believe the symptoms are tied to the use of THC.

I disagree. Like those with resignation syndrome, you are a particularly vulnerable individual.

A brain scan would most likely confirm that you have near-zero damage from only three months of use. But, if you look at your posts you have experienced almost every conceivable PAWS symptom on the list. If you found a list that says a symptom of PAWS includes bouts of sneezing, I'm fairly confident that you would have written that in your journal as well.

Those in the community don't have to experience or live through resignation syndrome in order to provide credible help to those suffering the symptoms. The same holds true for PAWS.

If you want to recover from your 3-month history of vaping THC, try to figure out what you have in common with those suffering from resignation syndrome. If you don't make the connection it is likely that you will continue to experience symptoms of PAWS indefinitely, including any new ones as they are generated. Why? Because it has nothing to do with your brief exposure to THC and everything to do with the state of your beliefs about your brain and your health.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby TMT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 am

So what are you saying richy, PAWS isn't real, that it's just a belief?
TMT

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:06 am

TMT wrote:So what are you saying richy, PAWS isn't real, that it's just a belief?

I am saying that it is as real as resignation syndrome. You disagree?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby TMT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:47 am

What of the physical symptoms richy, head and body aches, strain around the face, eye pressure, palpitations etc, all belief? Mind you we are talking of years of abuse not months.
TMT

Postby Candid » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am

TMT wrote:headaches
body aches
strain around the face
eye pressure
palpitations

Only one I haven't had on this list is strain around the face. I don't even know what it means, so it may well be diagnostic of PAWS.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 409

Postby TMT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Ok I give up
TMT

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:20 pm

TMT wrote:What of the physical symptoms richy, head and body aches, strain around the face, eye pressure, palpitations etc, all belief? Mind you we are talking of years of abuse not months.

So TnT, are you going to tell PAWSsurvivor that 3 months of using THC isn’t sufficient to join the PAWS club, that it requires years of substance abuse?

Nah, let’s accept PAWSsurvivor into the fold, shall we? So if 3 months is our threshold, what about 2 months of use, what about two weeks, what about two days?

I wonder what you believe? Is there a threshold or is it just no matter what a person says about their personal experience with using chemicals it qualifies as PAWS?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby TMT » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm

"I wonder what you believe" I'm not arguing with you right, just seeking clarification, anyways thank you.
TMT

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Hey Richard.

Why are you making this about me? I asked you a specific question.

What are your credentials EXACTLY.

Don't dodge or dance.

Oh and the next follow up question.

Why did two separate medical Doctors conclude I have PAWS?

Go ahead. I'm curious what you know that they don't.

Bullies don't respond to the attacks rather they deflect and go on the offensive. Often to bolster themselves.

Also I have a disorder for yourself to check out. It's Called Narccistic Personality Disorder.

As a newer user I can't use off-site URLS. See below from Wikipedia.

"Signs and symptoms
People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for other people.[7][8] As such, the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of personal superiority, and seeks to establish abusive power and control over others.[9] Self-confidence (a strong sense of self) is a personality trait different from the traits of narcissistic personality disorder; thus, people with NPD typically value themselves over others, to the extent of openly disregarding the wishes and feelings of anyone else, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements.[7][10]"

See what I did there? I don't need to suffer it to diagnose you.

Also I'd encourage everyone to read the article and make up their own minds about Richard.

As for PAWS. Just Search "Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome" on wikipedia.
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 14

Postby tokeless » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Wow, ain't you a prickly one. How long have you had PAWS for? I wonder why you're so different to those who didn't get any.... I'd say the majority got some symptoms for a week or so, some maybe a month and then nothing much to complain about. So, you've seen two doctors to prove to yourself correct? Yet you need to check it out on a psychology forum too... anyway, tell me about your PAWS and it's duration.
tokeless

Likes Received: 283

Postby tokeless » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:46 pm

I've just checked your post on 8 months.. you do like to tell your story. You even linked s more detailed version for others to read. You are what I would regard as an attention lover... just move on. You've done 8 months but are looking forward to a year?? What's that about really? I bet if you stopped posting on here and 'celebrating' your journey you'd forget all about your PAWS, but maybe you need to do it... that wiki definition could say more about you than Richard, but that's just my useless, ignorant and unqualified opinion so just ignore it.
tokeless

Likes Received: 283

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:29 am

PAWSsurvivor wrote:
Why are you making this about me? I asked you a specific question.

What are your credentials EXACTLY.

It isn’t about you. I’m simply using your case to ask TnT questions regarding PAWS. TnT believes it requires years of abuse not months. But, here you are with PAWS confirmed by not one, but two medical doctors after only using THC for 3 months. And you don’t have just a little PAWS, your eight months is just full of every possible symptom one could possibly have.

Either TnT has some false beliefs or you do. Both of you can’t be correct.

As for the credentials game, I don’t play. If you think credentials are relevant to the discussion you can take the time to look me up. I’m not difficult to find.

And thanks for proving my point by offering up your opinion about NPD. You don’t have to have the disorder to be smart enough to read and submit your opinion based on what you have learned. Kudos! Now apply that same reasoning to your own issues.

I believe that you have suffered the experiences you have described in other threads. I’m not questioning that you have suffered, I’m questioning the cause of that suffering, You believe those experiences are a result of THC damaging your brain. I disagree. There is good reason to believe your suffering is a mental disorder rather than a physiological disorder.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext