weed paws or wtf

Postby gringo101 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:39 am

To those who have been through what i will be sharing with you, what do you suggest me to do at this moment?
i feel more lost than i have ever been.
I have always been and considered myself as a stoner, i felt like weed was a part of who i was and i could never enjoy life without weed since you all know how weed always seems to make sh** much better and hide out the dirt under the carpet.
Used to smoke on and off for about a year and everytime i had the chance i would go crazy with it, like joint after joint in the span of two three days. I would wake up and the first thing i would do is light up, it was at a point where i would rather avoid spending money on good food just to be able to get a baggie.
Never experienced crazy symptoms when stopping tho, maybe it was shitty weed i suppose and the strains weren’t that potent i would say.

Fast forward, moved to Canada and god damn the weed here is different.
After trying out for the first time some high potent sh** i loved it.
How Naive i was thinking that abusing this plant wouldn’t have any side effects..
so i started smoking heavily and daily with tobacco, and by heavily i mean 8 to 9 joints a day in the span of three months, sh** seemed to be alright and didn’t prevent me for not functioning normally, i would work and do sh** as if i haven’t smoked naught, but always felt kind of foggy not gonna lie.
On my 19th birthday decided to finally quit since i was realizing it was f***ing me up more than it was doing any good.
the first week was tough, cold sweats, insomnia, no appetite, nausea.. all the regular acute symptoms, no big deal.
After that, i felt re created, i had so much energy in me at a point where i was feeling like i could conquer the world, i could think clearly and was mire productive than ever..
But then came the charging bull which they call PAWS, it hit me out of no where on day 28 i guess after quitting.
Crazy mood swings, DP/DR, memory was f***ed, concentration as well, mostly brain fog which is still there even at day 110.

Saying i haven’t seen any progress from month one and two would be a lie. I used sleep an hour or two a night and go to work completely wrecked.

I have read many posts here and on reddit about people quitting and having breakthroughs at month 6 after quitting, i hope it will get better for me as well and that i haven’t caused some irreversible sh**.
God what i would do to get my good health back.

I’m on day 110 like i mentionned and still feeling weird, as if there is a cloud in my head which is making sh** much harder to do. Don’t know how to explain it but i just don’t feel connected to the present moment, people call it DP but i don’t know exactly what it is.
Anedonia is also a thing that i’m struggling with, anxiety and stress over the roof where as i have never been this anxious or stressed in my life before for any kind of reason.
Lost a person who was very close to me a couple pf days ago, and i just feel emptiness upon emptiness..
When is this foggyness going to lift? i just want to feel normal again.
gringo101

Likes Received: 0

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:13 am

Hey I can relate. I've had all of your symptoms. I'm from Canada too. Yeah I think the potency is very dangerous.

I got alot better at 6 months. It really was slow going until about month 5. I didn't even start to have a glimmer of hope until the beginning of month 4. So keep hanging on. Healing is ever so slow with this. I'm almost at 8 months. And believe it or not, most of it is clearing up. I'm hopefully by the year mark I'll be out of the hole.

Keep going man.
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 14

Postby Candid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:46 am

Take up fiction writing. You may have a gift for it.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 409

Postby AngryDwarf » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:16 pm

Candid wrote:Take up fiction writing. You may have a gift for it.

Get help. The people on this forum have enough on their plate without a barren hag venting her post-divorce frustration on them.
AngryDwarf

Likes Received: 12

Postby Candid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:22 pm

I agree. I'm not aware of any divorced barren hag on this forum, though.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 409

Postby TMT » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Gringo 101 exercise, good food, rest, sunshine and a lot of time, that's what you need bro. Stay the course, you will thank you at the end.
TMT

Likes Received: 11

Postby gringo101 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:05 pm

PAWSsurvivor wrote:Hey I can relate. I've had all of your symptoms. I'm from Canada too. Yeah I think the potency is very dangerous.

I got alot better at 6 months. It really was slow going until about month 5. I didn't even start to have a glimmer of hope until the beginning of month 4. So keep hanging on. Healing is ever so slow with this. I'm almost at 8 months. And believe it or not, most of it is clearing up. I'm hopefully by the year mark I'll be out of the hole.

Keep going man.

This is really a hole man. Is it normal for someone to experience these side effects even tho smoking for three months daily only?
or is it more the quantity that does the damage?
gringo101

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Been there, man. Doesnt sound out of the ordinary. Unfortunately the only way through is to stick it out... If you start smoking again to relieve the symptoms, they will come back with full force once you quit. Ive tried it.

I had mild-moderate PAWS when I used to smoke bud and quit. But I moved to CA and got a medical license and started smoking concentrates, and those f***ed me up. When I quit, holy f***ing hell...everything you described, but along with a debilitating headache and facial pressure and a few other symptoms. It matters how much you smoke and how potent it is.

For me it took about 6-8 months for the depression/anedonia to get a little better, 13 months for the headache to finally go away (it got a little better each month), and my sleep also steadily improved every month. Now Im 14 months, and feel insomnia, facial pressure, and low libido in waves, maybe half the time (they come and go).

Now except for the maybe 2 days a week I feel really bad symptoms, I more or less feel normal.

You just gotta hang in there; everyone's timeline is different so dont get too discouraged if your timeline is longer than others'.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 30

Postby gringo101 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 am

SparkleFly12 wrote:Been there, man. Doesnt sound out of the ordinary. Unfortunately the only way through is to stick it out... If you start smoking again to relieve the symptoms, they will come back with full force once you quit. Ive tried it.

I had mild-moderate PAWS when I used to smoke bud and quit. But I moved to CA and got a medical license and started smoking concentrates, and those f***ed me up. When I quit, holy f***ing hell...everything you described, but along with a debilitating headache and facial pressure and a few other symptoms. It matters how much you smoke and how potent it is.

For me it took about 6-8 months for the depression/anedonia to get a little better, 13 months for the headache to finally go away (it got a little better each month), and my sleep also steadily improved every month. Now Im 14 months, and feel insomnia, facial pressure, and low libido in waves, maybe half the time (they come and go).

Now except for the maybe 2 days a week I feel really bad symptoms, I more or less feel normal.

You just gotta hang in there; everyone's timeline is different so dont get too discouraged if your timeline is longer than others'.

Glad to hear that you improved for real, were you also experiencing severe brain fog?
trouble concentrating, finding words when speaking or trying to write stuff. I feel as if my vocabulary has disappeared.. I also have difficulty doing regular sh** since my short term memory is damaged i would say.
If i could describe the situation in a simple sentence, it’s like i’m in the moment but absent, as if my head is always underwater.
gringo101

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:41 am

Hey Gringoo, Maybe go check my most recent post on the main page.

I have a similar timeline so far with SparkleFly. I just hit 8 months. I'll second what he said, as many of my symptoms are gone and the remaining stuff is greatly diminished. I have head pressure and anhedonic feelings, but hooray, my brain fog finally went away. Keep clean and you will get better. I sometimes imagine there's a big stone block in my head, but every day I chisel a few pebbles off. It's like erosion, slowly it will whittle away.

Write how you feel at the start of each month, you'll hopefully start to notice very small but noticeable changes. Usually begins around month 3 or 4.

Your brain will heal :)
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 14

Postby Archtech » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Its a tough journey, but you'll be glad you walked the path,
Archtech