PAWS is my past now... thank you Lord

Postby Robb1e_g » Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 pm

This is probably the last time I will post here as I have honestly and full heartedly have recovered and have moved on, and I have some crucial advice fro everyone struggling with addiction whether its withdrawing form weed like me or anything else.

For the past 2.5 years or so since I first quit weed, I have been doing around 3 hours of research a day on mainly psychotropic medication (peer reviewed scholarly research since im in college with intensive biology and physiology courses) and also philosophy and religion. Now this is my personal story but I truly believe this is the cure with all my heart to addiction and negative mindset and thought life. if you see my process of recovery in previous posts since 2017-2018 I have posted quite a bit and talked to a good amount of people and read many cases. all have major similarities and I can relate to the dark horror that went on inside my mind constantly. still gives me goosebumps.

Obviously, any form of drug is terrible for your brain including weed regardless of what people making boatloads of money off of them tell you. you are not meant to smoke weed, you are not meant to take antidepressants, they destroy your brain and they will wreak havoc on your thought life and brain once you stop using them. no need to go into detail on it I think we can agree on that based on everyone here who is struggling right now.

however, the only reason I fully recovered was because of my research on neuroscience for the last 8 months. my thought life was a mess. it kept me in the same emotions, feelings, and thought loops of crippling anxiety and even depression for a long time. I never once went and took antidepressant medication because I knew how bad it was for your brain. I did however realize after sometime that my mind is separate from my brain after researching quantum physics through neurology and I realized that I have complete control over what I think and how I react to things.

another revelation that personally healed me like I never could have imagined was coming to faith in God and Jesus. After very, very intense research scientifically and philosophically, I was able to rule out every religion I could think of that contradicted itself except for the Bible. I looked for envy question against it and at first I would be able to disprove it, until I found out I was wrong again and found such solid proof for it. I ended up doing scholarly research into the history of the Bible and Jesus Christ and after that I was sold. I couldn't find any contradictions. this changed my life. I ended up listening to sermons every single day while working on my mindset (every 10 seconds checking in on myself to see how I was thinking and changing it if it wasn't aligned with the truth) and I can honestly say im 100 percent okay. and I did it.

for me it took a revelation and an understanding that I don't know everything and I shouldn't be arrogant and listen to myself and victimize myself. and after I put those barriers down, I found such a deep understanding of the world, I found my identity, and most importantly, I found Jesus. and he has healed me and I give him credit because I realize now without him I wouldnt have pushed myself the way I did to get better.

some people may hate this post, but thats okay. because I am okay now and I am so thankful for life every single day and there's really nothing that can get me down anymore. I have explored myself and found the truth, and the truth is you have control over your thoughts and your reactions, therefore you have control of your life. don't stay fixated on your perspective, because you can't trust your emotions and feelings because they change one minute to the next. you can trust the word because it never changes. and I always took the Bible for granted because I dint believe in it. but now I truly believe, and I truly changed and have healed. up until then I couldn't progress. I blamed it on PAWS for almost 3 years. and then I took responsibility for my thoughts and actions. and now I am healed. Praise God. God bless you guys. I hope you truly just try it out, get good scholarly research on this stuff and I believe the truth will be revealed and the truth will set you free.
Robb1e_g
Full Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 am
Likes Received: 49


#1

Postby Robb1e_g » Sun May 03, 2020 6:02 pm

I would like to add this isn't to say withdrawal isn't real. PAWS can last anywhere from 2 months to 5 years in extreme cases. however, if you are not doing anything to improve yourself or constantly working at your thought life and mindset it will set you back and you can even stop a full recovery as I was doing that very thing for awhile.
Robb1e_g
Full Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 am
Likes Received: 49

#2

Postby gringo101 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Glad you healed and improved, i can feel your joy and good energy from this text hahaha.
It isn’t Jesus that guides but God himself, for Jesus was only a prophet sent by God to prove to humanity that God is real.
You claimed that you haven’t found any contradictions to christiannity, i have to disagree with you on that. How can you claim that the bible is the word of God if 50% of it is written by Saint Paul, and the other half by other “human beings”, i hope you get my point.

If you got some free time during the day, i advise you to look into islam.

Take care
gringo101
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
Likes Received: 0

#3

Postby Robb1e_g » Sun May 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Hello @gringo101 I appreciate the kind words, and I respect your beliefs! I apologize in advance for such a long answer, but I believe conversations like this are very productive and I love to hear from people with all different beliefs!I have done lots of scholarly research on islam and Judaism since they are all related by a monotheistic worldview, and I think thats awesome that we both believe in God! however there are vast differences between islam and Christianity as there should be! it would be wrong to say they are basically the same.

The one crucial difference I see between islam and christianity besides Jesus being the son of God is the character of God in Islam versus Christianity. Upon researching these issues was one reason I came to Christianity. I still do not see any contradictions with Christianity and I am always open minded to talks and questions and keeping on finding the truth.

However I suppose I could ask you the same question about the Quran; if it truly is the word of God why was it written by Muhammad, a human being as well? the Quran is the literal word of God as recited to the Islamic prophet Muhammad through the archangel Gabriel. however, through scholarly research it seems to be that there is no good foundation to believe this given some foundational issues with this claim and other issues with the Quran that ultimately turned me away form it. However, upon researching the Bible, I found that the fact that is actually was written by different people (apostles) and the way it was written, where it was written, the time periods they were written, makes the Bible strongly reliable in terms of actual accounts that took place in human history. there is bounds of scholarly research on this. Moreover there is such hard evidence for Jesus's story and resurrection that is astoundingly solid. I am a person who likes to make sure they have the facts straight and won't stop until I understand what the truth is, and I truly believe I found it, surprisingly, with christianity.

I do get upset with people today when others fight about religion and get so many aspects of the Bible particularly out of context. it is sad that religion poisons everything. So I'm glad we can have civil discussion. It seems to me a self centered and self righteous world today where everyone thinks they are right about how they feel and anything that they don't like the sounds of that doesn't pleasure them then to hell with it everyone else is stupid and a Jesus freak. I don't disagree on the fact that there are crazy religious people, thats why religion is losing its grip. However, the Bible was never meant for that, it was meant to understand who you truly are in this world and have a loving relationship with the one whom created you. without that, the world is just your playground to do whatever seems good and right to you and to become eventually weary of pleasure. and that is not a good place to be, I've been there. and is was becoming weary of pleasure that I hit rock bottom and actually got up and searched for an answer.

this point in my research I have come to a rather well grounded conclusion to the point where I have made a personal relationship with Jesus. I was a skeptic/agnostic my whole life, but the evidence for Jesus is just too overwhelming when I looked to scholars across the board from atheist scholars to christian scholars to muslim scholars, I just couldn't sweep it under the rug. and then I started praying and developing a relationship with him and I saw things happen in my own life. its just not possible for me to believe anything else anymore. He has my heart. I hate religion but I love Jesus. religion is why I was a skeptic for so long. but Jesus is why Im healed and here today with joy and love and understanding. God bless you!
Robb1e_g
Full Member
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:31 am
Likes Received: 49

#4

Postby gringo101 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 am

@Robb1e_g Likewise, having different point of views is what pushes humanity to evolve.
I would like to discuss more about this topic, you seem like a very knowledgeable and wise person.

Since you’re a fact kind of guy, let’s talk facts.
You say that the Quran could not be the word of God since it is written by Muhammad (Peace be upon him) .

Muhammad didn’t read nor write, like you said the Quran was revealed through the archangel Gabriel during different periods of his life.

Religion isn’t my specialty but if you open the Quran, start reading it and actually understanding it, it will prove to you that it isn’t what people actually think it is. Religion nowadays is a form of marketing, no one gives a **** about it, people follow it blindly and powerful figures despise it. Why? Because they know if they would follow the Quran, the islamic way of life, peace will prevail and justice will be made no matter where you are from or your status. But people don’t want peace, they want war and war is what we see everyday. Nations mocking other nations instead of complying and supporting each other, people abusing drugs, incest, killing, no manners, no direction in life, suicide and on an on... Islamic teaching comes as a healing for the sickness in people’s hearts. If you can at least pick up a book or do more research about Muhammad’s( PBUH) life things will make much more sense. I dare you to name me one person more successful in both spiritual and secular level other than him. How can a shepherd from the desert in a time of pure darkness transform it’s nation and go on to conquer the world? It surely must be God’s work no?

The Quran has also many facts that couldn’t have been proven scientifically 1400 years ago, like the formation of the foetus, everything being created in pairs, the earth rotating around the sun and i can go on and on.

See don’t take it personally but the bible has been played with a lot like an old painting which colors started to fade so artists came and added different shades of colors which changed the whole meaning of the piece.

Let me know what made you turn away from Islam, would be glad to make things a bit clearer for you.

As long as you’re at peace with yourself and have serenity that’s what matters. Take care
gringo101
New Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
Likes Received: 0

#5

Postby Candid » Mon May 04, 2020 7:16 am

Robb1e_g wrote:I am a person who likes to make sure they have the facts straight and won't stop until I understand what the truth is, and I truly believe I found it, surprisingly, with christianity.


Very surprising! I wonder whether you would consider reading The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins. It is an excellent book because Dawkins is a scientist with an extraordinary knowledge of the Bible.

Apart from that, I'd like to remind you both of the Forum Rules rules.php:

Please take 5 minutes to read through these rules before posting. Ignorance of the rules is not admissable as defense of breaking them. The most commonly broken rules are:

Do not discuss religion or politics on the board.


Yes, it's number one. It gets broken all the time, naturally, because an Uncommon Forum attracts uncommon members. As long as it stays friendly, we're okay.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 8958
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 425

#6

Postby Daxexpression » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 pm

I started the walk of faith back in September, I’ve been 8 months sober now. I’ve been trying to break through a revolution like you did. I recently find myself frustrated because I want to feel Jesus love, peace and compassion but I find myself always feeling a void. A void that i’ve been tampering it with weed and other things, I’m trying not to fall in temptation but this feeling is so strong. I pray and ask Jesus what am I doing wrong and I get nothing. I hope one day I’ll be able to see his truth.
Daxexpression
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 pm
Likes Received: 4

#7

Postby Candid » Mon May 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Daxexpression wrote:I get nothing. I hope one day I’ll be able to see his truth.


What I hope for you, Daxexpression, is that you will at least consider whether more recent books than the Bible might be more helpful to you.

Would you consult a boomer (such as I am) for assistance with tech issues? I don't think you would, and rightly so.

Why then would you expect the word of people writing a couple of thousand years ago, then copied and recopied by hand in different languages, with well-known and sometimes comical errors, to answer any of the big questions in your life?

A very old book can be a great comfort, I know. I may feel something like love for the main character in a 200-year-old novel, but I don't expect her or him to love me back or bring about any miracles in my life. Nor would I expect to get very far with a 200-year-old map of my local area, much less a 2000-year-old one!

Just something to think about. Modern life is much more interesting and wonderful than you think it is right now, and I wish you well for the future.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 8958
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 425

#8

Postby Head in loud » Mon May 11, 2020 6:48 am

Candid,
If you look at it from logical point(beside faith) we humans have fear of unknown..off things we can’t explain and science still can not explain a lot of thing in this world. What I hate about atheists believe is the fact that they don’t see any purpose for creation.
Religion on other hand give people peace and a sense of belonging and purpose.

Anyway let’s not make this a religion discussion.

Robb1_g,
I’m glad things are working out for you. I remember when I first join this forum the first post I read was your thread. The way you explain your symptoms was exactly what I was going through. 22 months later I feel much better but still not recovered.
Can you elaborate a little more on what you mention as “checking your thought”?
Head in loud
Junior Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am
Likes Received: 13

#9

Postby Candid » Mon May 11, 2020 10:49 am

Head in loud wrote:we humans have fear of unknown..off things we can’t explain and science still can not explain a lot of thing in this world.


So I suppose you believe in the God of the Gaps, a way to 'explain' things we don't understand, but offering no explanation whatsoever while 'demanding' rituals and self-denial.

What I hate about atheists believe is the fact that they don’t see any purpose for creation.


So for you, 'purpose' is another Gap for your God.

The atheists I know vary in their/our feelings about purpose. I love seeing the evidence for evolution all around me. I believe the purpose of life is happiness and self-expression, while feeling a sense of awe at how far humanity has come from the ignorance of the Dark Ages to amazing technology and space exploration.

For me, the God of the Gaps throws cold water on that, especially when 'It' demands obedience with promise of eternal life in an imaginary paradise or burning forever in an imaginary hell.

In the beginning (of human history) there was Man—and Man created God in Man's image, and wrote books about It. Most of these books perished but some lasted long enough to be copied into One Book and recopied and recopied until Man invented the printing presses and more recently the internet.

Religion on other hand give people peace and a sense of belonging and purpose.


I'm glad you wrote "a sense of" and I understand it comforts you.to have an imaginary witness to the truth of your heart, a God of the Gaps who understands you when the rest of the world so often doesn't.

I do think those who believe in the God of the Gaps are more likely to take up, enjoy, and suffer when giving up mind-altering substances that make imaginary gods seem more real.

Anyway let’s not make this a religion discussion.


You told me what you hate about atheists. The only thing I hate about theists is that they force their various despicable gods (have you actually READ the Bible???) onto their children. The Fear of God is responsible for almost all the prejudices and violence in the world.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 8958
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 425

#10

Postby Suizo » Sun May 17, 2020 9:50 pm

Please do not read anything that Richard Dawkins has written on the subject of religion. It would be like going to Shakespeare to figure out how to set your tv. If you want to read an Atheist who actually argues against religion, read Auguste Comte, read Feuerbach, and certainly read Nietzsche, who at the very least had the intellectual honesty to take the logical implications of atheism and see what indeed they implied. He knew Dostoevsky was correct when he penned "If God is dead, then everything is permissible" and with that truth of atheism, he built the superman.

Richard Dawkins is a coward who runs from any serious Theist (William Lane Craig, Edward Feser, Bishop Barron for example) preferring to argue against straw-men. The idea that he knows the Bible is laughable. I'm sorry, but it is. Everything that Candid has said in reference to the enlightening truths she has received from this 'modern man' is demonstrative of this fact. Goodness, one can read Augustine's Confessions and find that he too ran the gamut of believing one is arguing against something that only exists in one's head--that is to say, the convenient, caricature of someone else's position that allows one to rest peacefully believing they have settled those questions of those silly peasants, who still believe in that ancient, silly book. This poster lacks even the remotest humility when it comes to philosophical issues, conflating them with science. Question: how is it that science, which studies the physical world, can speak anything about God or issues related to Metaphysics, which are by definition that which is beyond the physical? Do you fall prey to the delusion that confuses conceptualization with imagination? Do you believe that only what we can picture in our head, furnished by images retrieved from our senses is real? Are you a logical positivist who suggests that only truths which are verifiable by experience can be true? See if that principle stands its own test. Am I misrepresenting your beliefs? Lord, forbid! The underlying premise you are laboring under, falsely I may add, is the suggestion that immutable, eternal truths of say philosophy and mathematics are subject to the same evolution in knowledge that the truths of the physical sciences are. If I read a book written 2,000 years ago that claimed 2 and 2 made 4, and a book today, which exists, that says all such truths are relative for the human mind is the product of random chemical reactions, the chemicals they too subject to a fatalistic chain of cause and effect that we can trace back to the first basic, thoughtless, lifeless substance from which all 'life' sprung, and as such no such mind can reasonably believe to hold any 'true' propositions, which am I believe? Philosophy comes first, it grounds our ability to account for the world we actually inhabit, including, and primarily, our own free selves. Deny freedom of will, sure, and then you throw away the entire person. I too believe in natural evolution, but you are the one with the god of the gaps, the one thinks that a cause can give to an effect that which it does not contain, that lifeless bodies, on their own, can cause life, and that basic life, constrained by the chain of cause and effect, and break free of this chain and possess autonomy. This is absurd. The atheistic enterprise is a self-contradicting one. You begin with reason and use it to prove a theory that cannot explain reason. And yeah, let's pay no attention to the varying genres in the Scriptures, let us call the opening chapters of Genesis science when no serious Jew or Christian ever looked at it that way. Let us continue this rigorous science and apply it to the wisdom books: ah Psalms, you silly little ancient scientific tract!

I suggest you read more and post less.
Suizo
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 9:26 pm
Likes Received: 0

#11

Postby syncmaster793s » Mon May 18, 2020 1:11 am

Robb1e_g wrote:I would like to add this isn't to say withdrawal isn't real. PAWS can last anywhere from 2 months to 5 years in extreme cases. however, if you are not doing anything to improve yourself or constantly working at your thought life and mindset it will set you back and you can even stop a full recovery as I was doing that very thing for awhile.


How can you come up with this 5 year figure bud?
syncmaster793s
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 pm
Likes Received: 3

#12

Postby Lightweight » Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 am

It took me 4 years for paws to finally go.
Lightweight
New Member
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 pm
Likes Received: 5

#13

Postby syncmaster793s » Mon May 18, 2020 1:40 am

Lightweight wrote:It took me 4 years for paws to finally go.


Can you tell me, why are you certain that it was paws till the last day of the 4th year? Thanks
syncmaster793s
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 pm
Likes Received: 3

#14

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Congrats Robbie_g. I too have followed through some of your old threads, good to see you make it through! Posts like this are an inspiration for many people who are just starting out with paws.

IMO; the only healer is time. Ive tried everything: exercise, focusing on other things, etc. But the physical (and probably mental) symptoms only heal with time; and staying healthy.

Cheers and good to you, Robbie!
SparkleFly12
Full Member
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm
Likes Received: 35


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions