PAWS is my past now... thank you Lord

Postby Jalakee » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:33 am

Hey Robb1e_g. You post here really resonated with me and I'm not sure if you even visit these forums anymore but if you do I'd love to hear more about your journey and how you've been doing since. I posted here recently about my 17 month journey thus far.

There are days and even weeks on end where I think PAWS is nearly gone and then I will get hit with another wave; often after I make a post or statement on how good I've been doing. It's been a very perplexing process and sometimes I get despondent about how I'm still having waves nearly a year and a half later.

I think the deepest fear of every PAWS sufferer is that we are permanently cracked, and it's hard to wrestle with those fears during a wave. I think there is a lot of truth in what you said about being mindful of your thoughts and taking every thought captive as in Romans 12:2; it sounds trite but feelings are unreliable and they can rule over us if we let them.

I too am a believer in the Gospel and I often pray God would deliver me fully from this trial, or at least lead me through it more speedily!
Jalakee

Likes Received: 2

Postby Candid » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:01 am

Jalakee wrote:I often pray God would deliver me fully from this trial, or at least lead me through it more speedily!

How long have you been doing that? I believe He's busier these days.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 419

Postby Jalakee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Candid wrote:
Jalakee wrote:I often pray God would deliver me fully from this trial, or at least lead me through it more speedily!

How long have you been doing that? I believe He's busier these days.

He who planted the ear, does he not hear?
He who formed the eye, does he not see?
Ps 94:9
Jalakee

Likes Received: 2

Postby tokeless » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:43 pm

He who planted the ear, does he not hear?
He who formed the eye, does he not see?
Ps 94:9[/quote]

Why is the answer always no?
tokeless

Likes Received: 288

Postby Candid » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:18 am

Because of evolution! :D
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 419

Previous