I finally figured it out

Postby LonelySmoker » Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 pm

After all these years of struggle, I finally figured it out and that is why I will never smoke weed again. It's as simple as making a decision and sticking to it. Yes, it's difficult. Yes, it takes time. But time goes on regardless. Either you do it or you don't. I've finally had enough. I have a family to take care of. Smoking weed can no longer be part of my life if I am to take care of my family.

I feel like I am on the edge of something great with my life but I continue to hamper my success by smoking weed. And for what? So I can wander off endlessly through a maze of nothingness? **** that. I don't want to do that anymore. I want to take on life with passion. I want to be clear-headed as I live my life.

It's over. Even though I've said it's over 7,457,833 times, this time it's different. Today is my great awakening.
LonelySmoker

Likes Received: 28

Postby tokeless » Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Really pleased you've come to that moment. It really is about choices and if you accept that and manage the mind battles you will succeed. If you struggle come here and you will get support.
Best wishes... you can be a non smoker if it's truly what you want
tokeless

Likes Received: 289

Postby Candid » Thu May 14, 2020 7:26 am

LonelySmoker wrote:It's as simple as making a decision and sticking to it.

YES!

I feel like I am on the edge of something great with my life

You ARE! What a wonderful time in your life this is.

It's over. Even though I've said it's over 7,457,833 times, this time it's different. Today is my great awakening.

I'm so happy for you... I was going to use your name there, but I won't.
LonelySmoker no more!
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 419

Postby SparkleFly12 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:22 pm

Man, it took me struggling through PAWS before I finally accepted that weed was not going to be my hobby ever again. Nothing is worth that pain.

The good thing about pain though, it is a good motivator and I have no fears that I will ever smoke regularly ever again!

Cheers, hope you can stick with it!
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 35

Postby LonelySmoker » Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Hey everyone just checking it. Still going strong but definitely have some PAWS. Insomnia, headache, irritability, and kind of bored and jaded.

I was reading about dopamine and other brain chemicals. I guess it will take some time for me to normalize.

Anyone can share their experience and strategies?
LonelySmoker

Likes Received: 28

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:55 am

Ive got my own thread on here ive updated for almost a year now...but ill give you the short summary.

Decided to stop smoking 15 months ago, cause I was experiencing some mild paws symptoms at times I was not high. Got intense paws when I quit, but for me more physical than mental. Intense, debilitating headache; crazy insomnia; swolen inability to think / brain fog; no sex drive and ED, muscles dont heal when sleeping; swolen lymph nodes, depression/anxiety, to name a few. No joy in anything.

The mental symptoms wore off over 6-9 months or so. Physical symptoms are still going away, but very tolerable now. The other important thing is that I am starting to feel joy from other things.

I did (and have done in the past) a lot of casual reading about dopamine. Not claiming to be an expert, but It seems a lot of the (mental) symptoms I have could be related to dopamine. Especially the depression, low libido, and not finding joy in things - dopamine is a driving force in all of these feelings. I never realized that weed gave me such a dopamine rush; but I recognize it now when I think about or do other things I find enjoyable. An excitement I used to only get when Id take a hit. I never noticed it when I smoked; cause its not a crazy dopamine high like other drugs. But I guess it is enough (in some people, like me) to mess with your dopamine feedback loop.

Unfortunately, time is the only cure. I was on here a lot more when my symptoms were life consuming; and I tried everything. Weird suppliments, intense exercise, staying healthy. But the only thing that actually worked is time. And Im still in it; still have mild headache, swolen lymph nodes, and low libido but all mild now.

My advice? Dont feel sorry for yourself. Its gonna suck cause you dont get that comfort from smoking; but that comfort is nothing more than a dopamine rush. And in time, your brain will learn to get that dopamine rush from other things. You just have to trust that it will, and take solace in that fact. I found it a lot easier to face each day knowing that I would feel that comfort again, but it would just take time. Do things that are productive to your life so you will be in a good place once you are better. Its a sh** way to live - but it is temporary. Keep reminding yourself of that.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 35

Return to Addictions