Feeling overwhelmed

Postby Acliff21 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Hey, how you guys doing? I’m 33 years old and smoked for 12 years. I’m almost at the 4 month mark of not smoking and just feeling defeated. I didn’t think at all I was going to be 100% at this point, but my PAWS just have me feeling defeated and have me feeling real stupid for things I did in my past that has me in the position I’m in. My memory is crap and my head feels so foggy. It’s all day that it feels super foggy. There’s days where I feel super positive about how long I’ve stopped and that I got to have a positive spirit to grind thru the days to keep the healing going. Then there’s days like today that I’m super irritable and feeling super down. I get pessimistic bout if I am going to be ok. Sorry to vent and be super negative, but I’ve checked out this website and you guys seem super helpful and supportive so figure I’d share. Going to try and keep my head up today and move forward
Acliff21

Likes Received: 0

Postby imondayXX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:52 am

Hey Acliff21, I know these feelings all too well. Just try to hang in there. I've been in paws 21 out of the last 28 months so it's all becoming more normal to me now feeling that way. I relapsed twice during those 28 months and had to go through it all over again, on my 3rd time now. 4 months is pretty good you should be proud, you should be feeling closer to normal around the 7 or 8 month point if you don't smoke. You'll still probably have some paws waves from time to time but in all my research on this forum these numbers are pretty common but obviously vary from person to person. Paws feels like it will never get better, but time will heal you believe me. 8)

Tonight I made a list of all the positive things I've done since quitting, stuff like that helps me through those harder times.
imondayXX

Likes Received: 4

Postby Acliff21 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m definitely proud And try to stay positive, but sometimes there’s days where I get kicked down and I get really nervous I did something serious and permanent. I def will keep going smoke free and I really like the idea of righting down the positives. I will def start doing that too. Good luck with you with your journey! And again thank ya. D
Acliff21

Postby imondayXX » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:14 am

Yes it's definitely not permanent. As I sit here I still feel like that sometimes, but know I've been through it before but that's just how strong paws is, it plays with your mind. Please post your progress on this thread in the future, would love to hear how things progress!
imondayXX

Postby Acliff21 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:02 am

I will def keep posting thru my journey of staying sober. Friday will mark 4 months and I’m very stoked for that and very proud of myself. Even tho there’s down where I feel like I’m down on the mat best believe I’ll get up n keep grinding to stay sober n taking care of myself
Acliff21

Postby imondayXX » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:09 am

Seems like you are already feeling better since you made this post. Once you get to 6 months you'll start to see some change. 3-6 months is my least favourite period.
imondayXX