Weed PAWS - 92 days

Postby DistortedSoul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Okay.. where do I start.

I’m new to the site. I’ve lurked on here from time to time during several of my research binges for answers on my current situation. I quit realistically quit smoking weed on April 30th, but did not begin tracking my progress until after May 3rd. My first onset of withdrawal symptoms lasted for about 6 weeks. I was never a heavy user, I only smoked a dab pen, several cartridges for about a month straight. Day in, day out. Several puffs. COVID had laid me off work, all I did was stay home, hit the pen, & play video games until about 2-3am. The day that forced me to quit, was a night where I noticed I wasn’t getting high from the pen anymore. I kept trying to hit my pen hard, & ended up going through a coughing fit that resulted in my left abdominal side to cramp up, spooked the **** out of me & resulted in me quitting.

The days to weeks that followed were f***ing brutal. Anxiety/panic attacks frequently, 0 appetite, puking sometimes after waking from sleep, sleep disturbances, and chronic body pain. I had to sleep on the floor to ease my back for 3 weeks. I was going through hell. I was debilitated by my mind, & my body was paying the price. I never had anxiety a day in my life prior to this, except for the occasional concert performance or huge test I have certain days that stressed me out, otherwise, never was an issue. My stress management was always very well. I also had crazy night sweats. I lost 40-50 pounds from both withdrawals & working out. Dreams weren’t too crazy but occasionally it did get scary. Like my dreams were trying to tell me something.

I recovered gradually during this first stage due to changing my diet, practicing good hygiene, & exercising. After a while, I faced no sleep disturbances for about a week. I was okay. Then, around day 53ish, I felt random muscle spasms on my stomach & my hands. I once again became f***ing spooked. Worried that I could have developed something a lot more serious. Researching again & again, maybe it’s epilepsy, maybe its certain joint/nerve illnesses. I never had any health conditions before, other than folliculitis which isn’t much of an issue.

The following 6-7 weeks that followed, severe muscle spasms on my legs, random visual haze that was partnered with dizziness, head pressure, brain zaps, & heart palpitations. I also *STILL* face sleep disturbances. As of recent, the waves have come back after they’ve simmered down in severity. I don’t want to say I expected something before I hit 3 months, but I’m also not surprised another bad wave was waiting for me. As of right now, I’m dealing with random anxiety, as I mentioned, sleep disturbances, random muscle spasms that are less severe but can come out the blue & hit my arms & legs, & a recurring headache paired with visual snow, some nausea, & dizziness. Compared to day 53 & onward, it’s not AS bad, but still bad to the point where it could put me back in a hole.

It’s hard to believe smoking cartridges can do this, but even for a month straight of doing so, I keep hoping & believing that it could all come to a close well within 3-6 months. Maybe even a little less than 6 months. So as bad as it seems, I still have hope. I just really hope & pray I’m nearing the end. I just want to sleep normally again. Not feel my brain feel like its stabbing itself, or deal with the occasional anxiety. But some battles, DO have to be fought with all might I believe. I guess I’m just looking for fighters who can offer me some advice & slide some motivation my way. I really need it.

Thanks.
DistortedSoul

Likes Received: 0

Postby DistortedSoul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 am

Also forgot to mention I'm 21. 5'8, about 199lbs. Used flower occasionally over the years, not enough to create a dependency. I feel the cartridges flipped my chemistry and caused this mess. Just uneasy at 3 months.
DistortedSoul

Likes Received: 0