17 Months (Almost)

Postby JimBob8873 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Hey guys,

Been a while since I checked in here. I am about to be 17 months sober from weed on the 8th of September, so basically 17 months so far. Overall I am doing better, anxiety is very minimal, depression is meh, anhedonia is pretty strong. I don't really do things that I used to. Video games completely bore me now, they used to be and always have been one of my favorite past times. Oh well, guess its for the better anyways.

Let me tell you it has been a not so fun ride. I STILL have problems sleeping, I fear that I may never get over it. I had a period of time where I slept all night! About 2-3 weeks I was sleeping 8 hours without waking up and felt AMAZING. I am now back to waking up from 230 to 430 AM and am unable to fall back asleep. If I do fall back asleep I will have extremely vivid dreams that end up draining me. It feels like I had reverse sleep when that happens. I average about 4 hours of sleep a night sometimes 5. NOTHING is working for me. In fact a lot of things that people suggest like exercise, etc. Seem to make me sleep even worse? Has anyone else had sleep problems for this long?

I've been to the doctor and I am totally fine. She did give me a prescription of Trazadone but I really don't want to take anything in fear that I will become addicted to it. It's supposed to help with sleep but idk I'm anxious to try it. I did get my Testosterone tested since I was having low libido, low t symptoms and it was pretty low in February, about 321 (that's basically an 80-year-old man) I got it tested about a month ago and it's up to 400. I really do think PAWS/weed withdrawal causes this. A couple of other users have posted about it as well so maybe there is something to it.

But anyway, just really drained. Hope everyone is doing well!
JimBob8873

Likes Received: 9

Postby SparkleFly12 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi JimBob,

I am also about the same, 16 months. I have similar sleep problems as you do. Occasionally, Ill have good 1-2 nights of sleep; then a wave of PAWS will come back and I get 5-6hrs and feel drained.

I am one of the people who has low libido as well. I havent gotten my testosterone checked; but maybe I should. I can feel it increasing slowly; so Im not as worried, but its nothing like it was before I started smoking.

Cheers
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 35