3 Months!

Postby Nelson80 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:38 pm

I have a long history with this forum. The first time I posted here was in 2008 I believe, maybe late 2007. I was 27/28 back then with the intention of quitting weed forever. I tried, and I tried hard but I just wasn't ready, or I wasn't prepared, I didn't have the right state of mind and I didn't really want to. In the years between then and now there were a few other failed attempts but over the last 5 years I was pretty committed. All along I knew I wanted something different but I was just not willing to let go.

Fast forward to spring 2020, quitting was on my mind again. I kept thinking about how I needed and wanted to stop. I had quit alcohol two years prior and was enjoying the benefits of not having that in my life. On June 13th I smoked a bunch and stayed up too late to do so. On June 14th I couldn't muster up the energy to get out of bed and get my donkey to work (which due to the covie is in my basement office). I called in "sick" and slept for quite a few hours during the day. Something clicked that day and I haven't smoked since, nor have I wanted to.

This is the longest period of sobriety I've had since I don't know when, probably the 1990s around when I first started 25 years ago.

The first month was uncomfortable, my body was adjusting, my sleep was off, my appetite was off. My mood was poor and unstable. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and moving on. That took me to month 2, things were calming down. Sleep got better and my appetite improved, my mood stabilized. In the third month things really started looking different, sometimes I'd go for a better portion of the day completely forgetting that I was even once a stoner. Life has started to have its natural, interesting spark again. I'm at peace and generally more happy than I have been in quite a while. It was a good decision, I knew it would be. My attitude towards weed and getting high / intoxicated has changed competely. Weed stole my youth, I'm not going to let it take away anymore of my life.
Nelson80
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 11

Postby tokeless » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi,
Pleased to see you're still doing well. I quit a good while ago and have no regrets.

" Weed stole my youth, I'm not going to let it take away anymore of my life"

It's a shame you have such regrets as I'm sure you developed a lot whilst you got high. I enjoyed the ramblings and quest for understanding and felt I learned a lot and hence have no regrets.. My "just a phase" lasted a long, long time I guess. I met tons of people, did things just for a laugh or buzz. I did loads and thought and understood a sh** load.I once debated whether I would have been happier never using weed if I could go back.. my answer was no. I'm happy being me and weed just added to it.
Keep up the good stuff.
tokeless

Likes Received: 293