About 2 months quit weed...

Postby BruceLeeroy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 am

...and I never felt so much better!

About 20 years toking and daily for most of that time. Feeling much different from other times I've tried quitting in the past. The dreams, clear-headedness, remembering stuff, feeling my brain and body rewire itself, and not just plain ol' not having to deal with it...being sober never felt so good! :P

Edit: Had hard anxiety and depression the first 6-8 weeks, but pulled on through. Still have major insomnia and can't fall asleep nor stay asleep in the middle of the night, but looking forward to overcoming that milestone someday soon!
BruceLeeroy

Likes Received: 2

Postby Psicology » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:31 am

Compliments! You are an excellent example! Continue without giving up!
Psicology

Likes Received: 1

Postby BruceLeeroy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:20 am

Thank you so much, Psicology! It's a difficult process, don't get me wrong. Still having trouble sleeping, but at least I no longer have the little devil standing on my other shoulder this time around telling me that it's ok to toke up again. I am thoroughly convinced to never do it again. Not just telling myself that but it's oddly how I truly feel.

Really appreciate your kind words helping me pull through this!
BruceLeeroy

Postby BruceLeeroy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:55 am

2 and 1/2 months in. Brain tingling has subsided and occurs rarely and faintly now along with subtle and short headaches. The weed tasting phlegm that was clearing up in the back of my throat the past few weeks has disappeared now. Sill no desire to ever toke up again and very much enjoying the clear-headedness. This has been one of the biggest mental steps differing this quit from others in the past -- I no longer identify myself with weed smoking.

Other PAWS symptoms are showing up. Insomnia seems to have increased with heart palpitations now occurring every night at about 1am to sunrise basically on cue for the last couple weeks. This, which I believe is caused by a rise in anxiety and depression, seem to be the biggest obstacles at this point. I can't fall asleep for more than a couple hours and the vivid dreams I'm having now seem to all be nightmarish dealing with unsettled emotions in the past. I feel it's my body and mind trying to sort through these feelings now that were once just pushed aside and numbed out from getting high. Libido is up and down. I also have a hard and random snap biting of my teeth once every few nights, not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

As an aside, I've also lessened my drinking by a lot -- no more drinking a beer or glass of whiskey by myself daily, only on holidays and occasions with friends -- and I quit smoking cigarettes for almost 9 years now (after about 16 years of smoking). After I quit cigarettes cold turkey, I felt anything was possible. Smoking weed helped me a lot in the process, but it's served its purpose and its time to let go of that now, too. Funny thing is, I can remember my cigarette quit day better than my loved ones' birthdays. I also quit sugar for the last few years, just eating it on rare occasions.

All in all, it feels great to be sober. Looking forward to month 3.
BruceLeeroy

Postby Brokethehabit » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm

You're doing great m8!
When I was at your stage I was having a dreadful time. I was literally in survival mode.
Keep it up!
Brokethehabit

Likes Received: 1

Postby BruceLeeroy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:18 am

Thanks, Brokethehabit! Trust me, it is pretty dreadful. But I'm hanging in there. About to hit 3 months!
BruceLeeroy