14 months

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:39 pm

Hey y'all.

Thought I'd write this for myself as a bit of therapy. I'm at 14 months from weed PAWS /anxiety. I definitely am still getting better compared to months ago. I've been back to work in person (Covid made me work from home) and I've been able to not only keep up, but I've been told I've been excelling this year. I guess they are comparing me to last year's version of me, which was a complete wreck. :P So that's pretty encouraging. Everyone I know says I'm getting better. And I rationally can see it as well, even if on a given day I know I'm still healing. I'd say now I feel steadily hanging around an 8.5 out of 10 with a little variability on good and bad days.

I honestly think most of what's left for me is what I perceive as a constant ongoing low level or silent migraine. I have a head pressure feeling all the time. I also get visual symptoms like an after image and sparkles sometimes which seem to be consistent with migraines. I went for an eye exam months ago and they said my eyes were fine. So I'm going to chalk it up to a continual migraine that is slowly calming down. Good news on the visual front is that my floaters have greatly reduced. They just seem to have mostly disappeared. I don't know when they left, but it happened. Going for massages has been very helpful to manage stress. My guy found some huge knots. I'm sure all this anxiety has my body tight and in knots. And the nightguard I got from the dentist has been helpful. Also I'm drinking more water lately. That actually seems to have helped a bit too. I've had 2 months of solid sleeps too.

So yeah, just the head pressure and visual stuff. No more crazy stuff or panic attacks or anything like that. Things keep getting better. Always slower than I want, but everything will be ok. I'm also using the Curable app to keep working on my thinking habits. For example, I now call my head my "banana brain", rather than a headache brain. Who knows, maybe I'm better but my brain is just holding on to bad thinking patterns. I'll keep trying.

I hope you all are feeling better too! I'd love to hear some updates. Big shout out to GreatDane who had his major breakthrough. Inspiring.
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 18

Postby PAWSsurvivor » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:59 pm

I should add I still often get head tingles. Never too sure what those are about, but for some reason I feel positive about them. Like it's better circulation or something. They don't hurt. They remind me my body is always changing and working back to balance. :)
PAWSsurvivor

Likes Received: 18

Postby SparkleFly12 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Great to hear! As someone who suffered/suffers from the headaches...that was really terrible.
SparkleFly12

Likes Received: 36

Postby Psicology » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:01 pm

14 months is a huge success and also very encouraging!
Psicology

Likes Received: 1

Postby BruceLeeroy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:23 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on 14 months and glad to hear it's just minor things at that point. Personally, the head tingles feel comforting to me kind of like having a q-tip in your ear. It's as though my brain is rewiring itself back to the correct specs.
BruceLeeroy

Likes Received: 2