PAWS brainfog.

Postby mamaknulare » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:10 pm

Hello guys! I have been smoking basically every week since I was 15, with some brakes inbetween, I'm 25 now.
I quit back in 2017 and I suffered from PAWS for about 5 months. Mainly had problems with being depressed and some depersonalization. After the 5 month mark I started smoking occasionally again and slowly started to feel normal again. I felt I had control over the smoking since then and I was no longer such a big fiend as I was before that first time I quit smoking, however this year I it has become a problem again and I just started studying so I had to quit. I'm on day 13 right now. This time I haven't had the accute whitdrawals that I had that time back in 2017, where I was having night sweats and feeling really anxious for about 3 weeks after quitting, however I'm feeling depressed and I am having crazy brain fog. Even more brain fog then when I was smoking. I can handle the depression but the brain fog is driving me crazy. I really need to be able to focus since I just started studying but I'm feeling so stupid it's crazy. I have no urges and I really want to quit and I also know that if I give it time it will pass. The brainfog and not being able to focus is making me want to smoke just so my brain can feel normal for a bit so I can study for the test I have coming up. I also know how it will turn out if I start smoking again... I will probably have control over it for a while, only smoking when I feel PAWS symptomes coming up but then slowly but surely I will go back to the daily smoking and all the anxieties etc that made me want to quit will come back.
I'm fit and exercise daily and my diet is mostly clean, I also meditate daily but none of these things seems to help, only relieve the symptomes for a bit to then come back a while after.
Has anyone else had issues like this and how long was it before most of your brain fog lifted?
I really hate that I have done this to myself :cry:
mamaknulare

Likes Received: 0

Postby Shaysmadness » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:14 am

Hey!
Im in the same boat as you. Im 25 and I started smoking around the same age as you. So far ive reached the 7 month mark but i feel like i still have a long way to go. The brain fog is still present to a large degree but I have a good feeling that in a couple of years or so it should no longer be an issue. Time will tell.
I do wonder what the cause of it is though. Could it be due to the lack of blood/oxygen to parts of the brain.. who knows?
But anyways I feel your pain. Don't give in to the temptation of smoking you're definetly gonna hate yourself for it if you do i've been there so many times. There cant be any looking back once you quit or you fail. There are people who have made it to a year or two and after a few exceptions they are back to their old ways.

Stay strong!
Shaysmadness

Likes Received: 0

Postby bawdyheated » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:13 am

I feel you and what you are undergoing now, try to be more positive and hope you get well soon.
bawdyheated

Likes Received: 5

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Its not the smoking that causes brain fog, but what you think about as you smoke. Brain fog comes through mentality and is not caused by chemicals.
Prycejosh1987

Likes Received: 5

Postby PAWSBOOK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:40 am

Brain fog can really come from just smoking.
PAWSBOOK

Likes Received: 1