More On Mass Hysteria

#15

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Those I spoke with told me they had officially been diagnosed with Covid. Symptoms were flu-like with loss of taste and smell. My point is that surely tens of thousands of diagnosed people were not at death's door but experienced symptoms not unlike in Sri Lanka.

"In addition to intestinal problems and fits of coughing, some children (and a handful of teachers) experienced rashes and headaches. In the small town of Gampola alone, more than 1,000 people were admitted to local hospitals. The area experienced widespread panic as the mysterious illness seemed to spread to other schools and centers of population. No medical cause could be found and the "illness" vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Not finding any other explanation, medical professionals concluded that those afflicted had been the victims of some type of mass hysteria strong enough to produce observable physical symptoms. "
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9


#16

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:50 pm

"What we clearly have is a pandemic of self-absorption, part and parcel to mass psychogenic illness. At some point hopefully we will feel the shame of the Salem witch hunters and all those who aided and abetted them, those in the courts who squirmed and screamed every time a suspect witch was questioned. Maybe we’ll shun the current panic-mongers, as those people were later shunned. But for now it’s full-bore hysteria. And there’s no end in sight. It’s more for that reason that, indeed, 2020 has been a very bad year."
Michael Fumento is a lawyer, author, and journalist who has been writing on epidemic hysterias for 35 years.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#17

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:45 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:Michael Fumento is a lawyer, author, and journalist who has been writing on epidemic hysterias for 35 years.


And?

As stated previously when the only tool you ever use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail. You study mental disorders so every problem you begin trying to force under this lens. I suspect Fumento has the same issue. He writes for 35 years on the topic so he sees hysteria around every corner.

It is like you are an astrologist. Having studied the stars for years you read the stars and determine the pandemic is because the stars are misaligned. When your logic is questioned, the proof you provide is by referring to another astrologist with 35 years and say, "See, this astrologer agrees with me! It is proof!"

Look, another way to look at the discussion is to say either (1) I am delusional or (2) you are delusional. One of the two of us is delusional. Hmm, I wonder how we might determine which one of us is delusional?

I submit that my "delusion" of an actual pandemic is supported by my landing in China early Feb. last year and having military checkpoints, people dressed in PPE screening me, and subsequent quarantine. I trust that when multiple companies across the globe say they have conducted clinical trials, which would involve double-blind studies, that it isn't some big well-coordinated conspiracy that would require tens of thousands of people involved in the cover up. I don't trust the media, yet I can comfortably trust that when thousands of journalists and average citizens provide millions of hours of video and photos documenting the illness, including sickness and death of loved ones in only a few days, I can comfortably dismiss "mass hysteria" as the cause.

For your "delusion" to be true you have to explain away all of this evidence by saying, "My neighbors are keeping socially distanced and buying up supplies, there has been mass hysteria before, e.g. Sri Lanka, I've read a lot of Russian papers, and there is this guy that agrees with me that has been writing on the topic for 35 years." For your version of events to be true you have to believe in some giant conspiracy coordinated between 180 countries, nurses and doctors operating in ICU's watching people choke to death as they place them on ventilators, and tens of thousands of people from multiple countries participating in clinical trials of vaccines.

Anyway, I guess we can each continue to enjoy our delusions.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11344
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1186

#18

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:42 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote:Michael Fumento is a lawyer, author, and journalist who has been writing on epidemic hysterias for 35 years.


And?

As stated previously when the only tool you ever use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail. You study mental disorders so every problem you begin trying to force under this lens. I suspect Fumento has the same issue. He writes for 35 years on the topic so he sees hysteria around every corner.

It is like you are an astrologist. Having studied the stars for years you read the stars and determine the pandemic is because the stars are misaligned. When your logic is questioned, the proof you provide is by referring to another astrologist with 35 years and say, "See, this astrologer agrees with me! It is proof!"

Look, another way to look at the discussion is to say either (1) I am delusional or (2) you are delusional. One of the two of us is delusional. Hmm, I wonder how we might determine which one of us is delusional?

I submit that my "delusion" of an actual pandemic is supported by my landing in China early Feb. last year and having military checkpoints, people dressed in PPE screening me, and subsequent quarantine. I trust that when multiple companies across the globe say they have conducted clinical trials, which would involve double-blind studies, that it isn't some big well-coordinated conspiracy that would require tens of thousands of people involved in the cover up. I don't trust the media, yet I can comfortably trust that when thousands of journalists and average citizens provide millions of hours of video and photos documenting the illness, including sickness and death of loved ones in only a few days, I can comfortably dismiss "mass hysteria" as the cause.

For your "delusion" to be true you have to explain away all of this evidence by saying, "My neighbors are keeping socially distanced and buying up supplies, there has been mass hysteria before, e.g. Sri Lanka, I've read a lot of Russian papers, and there is this guy that agrees with me that has been writing on the topic for 35 years." For your version of events to be true you have to believe in some giant conspiracy coordinated between 180 countries, nurses and doctors operating in ICU's watching people choke to death as they place them on ventilators, and tens of thousands of people from multiple countries participating in clinical trials of vaccines.

Anyway, I guess we can each continue to enjoy our delusions.

I don't think you are making any rational case. Personally I doubt China is to blame. I even suspect most Americans are insecure as the world has changed dramatically since the 1990s. I don't believe Covid is a conspiracy theory. I think it's a new virus that initially was said to pose a risk to elderly people with serious comorbid health issues. Now we are told it's a doomsday threat. And yet, those I spoke to who were diagnosed with it (as stated) were clearly anxious and appeared to have had mild symptoms. Tens of thousands of cases are probably psychosomatic. And it's clear the stats are being exaggerated in the same way witches were promoted in mediaeval times. There's a good case to argue much of the hysteria we see thrives in societies where science is barely taught in the classroom.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#19

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:12 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:I don't think you are making any rational case.


Fair enough. You are certainly welcome to that opinion.

Equally, I don't think you are making a rational case. Like many of your threads, you make a definitive claim and when asked to support the claim you change the topic.

For example:

davidbanner99@ wrote:There is no proof it came from China


Really? Zero proof? None. Not a hint of evidence that it came from China?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11344
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1186

#20

Postby littlebrowndragon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:
Even if we take the view the virus is real and that the surrounding hysteria is just a reaction to a severe threat, why don't those presumably in authority urge people to keep calm? When did hysteria and negativity ever solve a crisis.


The answer is straightforward. Those in authority are not interested in solving a crisis. They are corrupt, they are about governing i.e. controlling, the population. People who are frightened are much easier to control than people who are calm. Therefore, those in power use fear to control. It's much easier to place people under a form of house arrest, to severely restrict their movements and control their behaviour, with the use of fear. Further, those in authority, being corrupt, are getting off on being able to control the population of the country. They are addicted to power and, like all addicts, need bigger and bigger doses of their drug of choice. After getting high on covid, what’s next? Playing god?

Actually, the present situation reminds me of the film "I, Robot" where the supercomputer Vikki decides, just like modern governments have done, that for their own safety, to protect people from themselves, people should be confined to their homes. The population fought and destroyed the robots and their controller, Vikki, and, of course, conditions returned to normal. Not so in the real world.

Unfortunately, the government’s response is storing up catastrophic problems for the future. In the first place, prolonged periods of stress will weaken people and make them even more susceptible to any virus. This so-called more infectious strain of covid may simply seem more infectious, not because it is a more dangerous form of the virus, but because after nearly a year of extraordinary stress levels, the population is becoming weaker and more susceptible.

The government/scientists are practicing prevention, not cure. Prevention means that people must learn to lead ever more solitary, isolated lives, live in bubbles, to avoid catching viruses etc. Prevention destroys people’s immune systems. At what point does the quality of life in such an existence become so appallingly bad that it is not worth living anymore? It is certainly getting to the stage that I, as an older person, a person who remembers a much freer, healthier world, would not wish to live in such a world as we are heading for. I would rather die.

Cure, on the other hand, involves exposing people to diseases, and strengthens their immune systems. It makes people more resistant to disease, in other words. Quality of life is hugely improved. Hope returns. People will want to live.

I am not sure how much of the virus people fear so much has a purely biological cause. Initially it was thought to pose a risk to those who had serious comorbid health issues. Now, over time, this has been inflated to "deadly". You could get run over by a bus and they'd now call it Covid related


I totally agree that people’s reaction to the virus is out of all proportion to its danger level. This is fear talking, aided and abetted by government. People’s emotions are so out of control that they have lost touch with reality. On the other hand, people are in love with their emotions. Calming down is easier said than done when the whole world is going the other way, but the rewards are more than worth the effort.
littlebrowndragon
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Likes Received: 2

#21

Postby littlebrowndragon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
In the US the underlying cause driving fear is media and politicians..


No, they are not the underlying cause. Media and politicians, and scientists, are certainly driving fear. The cause: they drive fear because they are corrupt and get off on scaring the living daylights out of people.

I still don't see evidence of mass hysteria or delusion. It is perfectly rational for people to hear about a deadly virus that is spreading and go out and buy up items off the shelves. This happens with hurricanes and snowstorms every season and I don't see anyone claiming hysteria because people rush out to stock up on things they think they might need.


I'm sorry to say that I disagree with you here too. People's action have long since stopped being governed by reason. People are driven purely by their emotions, not by reason. I admit here to having been very tempted myself to panic-buy. I resisted. I refuse to give in to panic.


Again, I'm not saying people are not being overly cautious. But I can't blame them. I think the fear-mongering caused by the media and politicians is downright criminal.


I couldn't agree more.
littlebrowndragon
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Likes Received: 2

#22

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:37 pm

I agree about immunity. I have a sense of foreboding when people relate with glee they have had no colds this year. They somehow think government pseudo scientists have one-up on Mother Nature. Isolate yourself and hide from bacteria and you can have your cake and eat it. No colds any more. Terrific. Yet Nature doesn't work like that. As H.G.Wells clarified in War Of The Worlds we earned our right to occupy the earth by millions of deaths. It's evolution. Some of us may die and some may adapt. I nearly died myself from pneumonia decades ago but luckily I pulled through. My aunt's first husband did not. A simple cold that developed into pneumonia killed him. People need to face viruses and beat them through their own immunity. Very vulnerable and older people can be protected as the priority. Covid doesn't worry me personally but I have no axe to grind if some people choose to protect themselves.
Contrary to what Richard claimed I don't attribute the entire virus to mass hysteria. It seems it's a new strain of flu that can put those with comorbid health disorders at risk. Not children or fit and healthy people, however. Huge percentages of Covid sufferers are likewise suffering mass hysteria and hypochondria. They are so fearful they imagine they have the virus. Indeed, they manifest somatic symptoms that, in turn, are diagnosed by equally hysterical doctors. Did you know the chemists outlets in my area put chairs against the entrance door and a huge sign: "If you have Covid symptoms, don't enter!"
The whole situation borders on absurdity
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#23

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:44 pm

I think I agreed upon a viable theory. I believe this current crisis is connected to deep insecurity in people. Every day I see them walking alone in a facemask and no people anywhere near. It's like mediaeval mentality where we have peasants living in a technological world. I hear of people who genuinely believe viruses can break through the walls in their home and finish them off.
Fact is the internet has eliminated so many jobs most people lost purpose in life. So, mass hysteria is the new religion. It's probably triggered by deep anxiety and insecurity. Logic has given way to the obsessive compulsive disorder of germs.
I don't see much changing till there is recognition human beings require risk, danger, challenge and a fight to engage in. Sitting back and letting the internet rule our lives I think is a big mistake. It invites mass mental illness and delusion. It was realised decades ago smoking is actually bad for you and there was a drive to reduce public health risk. Now what's needed is to ask some tough questions. Are people really just sensible and aware of risk or are they hysterical?If so, why?
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#24

Postby Candid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:Every day I see them walking alone in a facemask and no people anywhere near.

I believe it was the first complicity test of the plandemic. Masks are the silliest things imaginable. If they admit air, they admit viruses.

Cleverest thing is to make bare faces, air, and lack of "vaccination" an assault on other people. I was on a march this week and spoke to a deeply unpleasant man who said I was a danger to other people if I didn't muzzle myself and have the experimental jab.

They're aiming for transhumanism with the "vaccine". The messenger RNA can be updated remotely any time. You know, just like our computers. Some people are getting that, and some people are just getting saline. Some people are dying soon afterwards while others have life-altering "vaccine injuries", for which the manufacturers have zero liability.

I hear of people who genuinely believe viruses can break through the walls in their home and finish them off.

Another master stroke. If you can make people afraid of the very air they breathe...

So, mass hysteria is the new religion. It's probably triggered by deep anxiety and insecurity. Logic has given way to the obsessive compulsive disorder of germs.

Exactly. My lot refer to it as the covid cult. It has no basis in science but it seems the majority are afraid to believe our governments could do this to us. People have lost their heads and are turning on each other—exactly what New World Order wants.

Sitting back and letting the internet rule our lives I think is a big mistake. It invites mass mental illness and delusion.

There are physical groups you can join, as I did. Just as well, because I was losing friends for my beliefs. One of them piously told me: "If I can save one life by having the vaccine..." You can't argue with stupidity.

For the first six months of "covid measures" I was able to work at home. I don't need to work for money; I was doing it for a cause I believe in and for social reasons. I had a few zoom meetings and didn't like it. I prefer a one-on-one phone call. In normal conversation people take little breaks to scan their enviroment. Zoom doesn't work that way and usually just gets silly. It's unnatural to be in someone's face all the time. So I quit my job and my writing group and relied on social media where I found a group of kindred spirits. We don't wear masks at our weekly mettings. We hug freely. We're all far more afraid of our government than of the latest coronavirus.

And that's the thing. Coronaviruses mutate all the time. Before lockdowns started, our immune systems were being updated naturally; the scientists I follow say we had herd immunity last (northern) summer, and I believe them. I'm on other internet platforms, one of which censors heavily. What kind of government do we have that it can't handle debate and is silencing the scientists who actually care about people?

Are people really just sensible and aware of risk or are they hysterical?If so, why?

The risk—to older people or those with pre-existing health conditions—is no greater than seasonal flu. The big killers have always been cancer and heart disease, and they're carrying off more people now because the vulnerable are too frightened to walk into a hospital, and appointments for anything other than Scary Covid are being cancelled. We know that almost all deaths are now registered as "covid", even for people known to have been ill for years with something else.

I have the all-causes mortality stats for England and Wales 1990-2020. Yes, 2020 was up a bit (not much), but winter 2019-2020 came on the back of two mild winters. This is the first time in human history that there have been almost universal lockdowns. It's the first time the daily death toll has been trumpeted through the media. The majority of covid-complicit haven't bothered to look at the data, they just believe whatever the government tells them.

Countries that haven't locked down aren't doing any worse than we are. People die; that's the contract from the minute we're born. Seasonal flu used to carry off lots of elderly people every year. Now we're behaving as if death can and should be prevented altogether.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9247
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 465

#25

Postby quietvoice » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:25 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:
I don't believe Covid is a conspiracy theory.




David A.G, youtube commenter wrote:At the end of the video she should say "And that my friends is why we created the coronavirus".

Source: 4 minute video from the W.E.F.




another YT commenter wrote:The WEF said in a old video that "by 2030 you will not own anything, and you will be happy"
User avatar
quietvoice
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Likes Received: 249

#26

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Candid wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote:Every day I see them walking alone in a facemask and no people anywhere near.

I believe it was the first complicity test of the plandemic. Masks are the silliest things imaginable. If they admit air, they admit viruses.

Cleverest thing is to make bare faces, air, and lack of "vaccination" an assault on other people. I was on a march this week and spoke to a deeply unpleasant man who said I was a danger to other people if I didn't muzzle myself and have the experimental jab.

They're aiming for transhumanism with the "vaccine". The messenger RNA can be updated remotely any time. You know, just like our computers. Some people are getting that, and some people are just getting saline. Some people are dying soon afterwards while others have life-altering "vaccine injuries", for which the manufacturers have zero liability.

I hear of people who genuinely believe viruses can break through the walls in their home and finish them off.

Another master stroke. If you can make people afraid of the very air they breathe...

So, mass hysteria is the new religion. It's probably triggered by deep anxiety and insecurity. Logic has given way to the obsessive compulsive disorder of germs.

Exactly. My lot refer to it as the covid cult. It has no basis in science but it seems the majority are afraid to believe our governments could do this to us. People have lost their heads and are turning on each other—exactly what New World Order wants.

Sitting back and letting the internet rule our lives I think is a big mistake. It invites mass mental illness and delusion.

There are physical groups you can join, as I did. Just as well, because I was losing friends for my beliefs. One of them piously told me: "If I can save one life by having the vaccine..." You can't argue with stupidity.

For the first six months of "covid measures" I was able to work at home. I don't need to work for money; I was doing it for a cause I believe in and for social reasons. I had a few zoom meetings and didn't like it. I prefer a one-on-one phone call. In normal conversation people take little breaks to scan their enviroment. Zoom doesn't work that way and usually just gets silly. It's unnatural to be in someone's face all the time. So I quit my job and my writing group and relied on social media where I found a group of kindred spirits. We don't wear masks at our weekly mettings. We hug freely. We're all far more afraid of our government than of the latest coronavirus.

And that's the thing. Coronaviruses mutate all the time. Before lockdowns started, our immune systems were being updated naturally; the scientists I follow say we had herd immunity last (northern) summer, and I believe them. I'm on other internet platforms, one of which censors heavily. What kind of government do we have that it can't handle debate and is silencing the scientists who actually care about people?

Are people really just sensible and aware of risk or are they hysterical?If so, why?

The risk—to older people or those with pre-existing health conditions—is no greater than seasonal flu. The big killers have always been cancer and heart disease, and they're carrying off more people now because the vulnerable are too frightened to walk into a hospital, and appointments for anything other than Scary Covid are being cancelled. We know that almost all deaths are now registered as "covid", even for people known to have been ill for years with something else.

I have the all-causes mortality stats for England and Wales 1990-2020. Yes, 2020 was up a bit (not much), but winter 2019-2020 came on the back of two mild winters. This is the first time in human history that there have been almost universal lockdowns. It's the first time the daily death toll has been trumpeted through the media. The majority of covid-complicit haven't bothered to look at the data, they just believe whatever the government tells them.

Countries that haven't locked down aren't doing any worse than we are. People die; that's the contract from the minute we're born. Seasonal flu used to carry off lots of elderly people every year. Now we're behaving as if death can and should be prevented altogether.


I'm active too. Actually on David Icke which is a conspiracy theory forum, although I'm not specifically a conspiracy theorist. Except for the ancient astronaut theory and Christien O Brien's books.
Best friend hung up on me today in a mini tantrum. They want me to ease their fears by my also having the vaccine. Reminds me of the movie Fright Night where those bitten by the vampire wanted former friends to get bitten.
I'm totally and openly in rebellion and planning to remove savings from bank accounts. This due to concerns over passports and vaccine certificates. My brother finally coming on side.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#27

Postby Candid » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:58 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:They want me to ease their fears by my also having the vaccine.

That's a puzzle, isn't it—considering we've been told the "vaccine" won't stop you catching a cold, won't stop you infecting anyone; that therefore masks, antisocial distancing and lockdowns will be "necessary" for years. Here's a spine-chiller for you: http://www.renegadetribune.com/they-don ... oison-you/

I'm totally and openly in rebellion and planning to remove savings from bank accounts. This due to concerns over passports and vaccine certificates. My brother finally coming on side.

I'm glad you've managed a convert! I think it's incumbent on all of us to keep trying with friends and relatives, but I've stopped wasting my time on people who ridicule me. They'll get it sooner or later. Unfortunately they'll take us with them into the funnel of no-return.

Wise decision to keep your money safe if you know how.

Beats me how the majority can't see it's like Nazi Germany all over again.
Candid
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 9247
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am
Likes Received: 465

#28

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:08 pm

I now can make a very decent argument to suggest there is a pattern of Schizophrenic thought process, caused by overall insecurity as a direct consequence of the social economic impact of global internet. That is the internet has been eroding our capacity to accurately process information ourselves. Creating educational change and eroding skilled jobs. This insecurity I believe is creating a massive social breakdown. Bleuler described schizophrenic thought process as one of random association of thought, based on desire to deny reality or fabricate delusion. This happened in the 16th century witch hysteria. And Bleuler stated hysterical thought process is very similar to Schizophrenic. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying millions of people have Schizophrenia. I am suggesting aspects of clinical Schizophrenia and Hysteria can surface in all human beings under stress. I very definitely blame the effects of the internet as a major part in this crisis. Hyperchondria and Paranoia is everywhere and people need to face life and not hide in fear.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9

#29

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:08 pm

Candid wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote:They want me to ease their fears by my also having the vaccine.

That's a puzzle, isn't it—considering we've been told the "vaccine" won't stop you catching a cold, won't stop you infecting anyone; that therefore masks, antisocial distancing and lockdowns will be "necessary" for years. Here's a spine-chiller for you: http://www.renegadetribune.com/they-don ... oison-you/

I'm totally and openly in rebellion and planning to remove savings from bank accounts. This due to concerns over passports and vaccine certificates. My brother finally coming on side.

I'm glad you've managed a convert! I think it's incumbent on all of us to keep trying with friends and relatives, but I've stopped wasting my time on people who ridicule me. They'll get it sooner or later. Unfortunately they'll take us with them into the funnel of no-return.

Wise decision to keep your money safe if you know how.

Beats me how the majority can't see it's like Nazi Germany all over again.



"There is hope in people, not in society, not in systems, but in you and me."
Jiddu Krishnamurti
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 9


Previous

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Psychology