Cardiac Arrest? Sleep Apnea? Or PAWS?

Postby smokinology07 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:08 am

Greetings everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first time posting.

I smoke weed not almost everyday ( since weed is not legal in my place ) for 4 years. I stopped smoking weed back in October because of panic attack. After quitting, acute withdrawal hit me like hell. Now I'm 3.5 months sober and I believe I still suffer from so-called PAWS. My main concern is my heart and respiratory health. My cardio doctor did several tests (ECG, chest X-ray, blood test, troponin) back in October when I had the panic attack and everything was fine. Now after 3.5 months, I went back to my cardio doctor for follow up check up and she said no need to have an additional lab tests since I am fine.

Last night, I suddenly woke up. No heart beat, no pulse and seems like my chest is tightening. During that time, I also suffered shortness of breath. And after awhile, my heartbeat, pulse and breathing went back to normal. I couldn't go back to sleep because of fear. My hypochondriasis was at peak.

I don't really know what happened last night. Until now, I scared of going back to sleep. I promised myself not to talk to Dr. Google again (since it will just trigger my anxiety), but here I am again. It suggest sleep apnea and/or sudden cardiac arrest. I'm not sure as well if it's part of PAWS since I couldn't find yet having the same issue here.

I need help elaborating some symptoms of PAWS. And if there's anyone suffering the same issue, please give me a light.
I hope it wouldn't happen again. I feel depressed right now and frustrated since my cardio doctor told me everything was fine. :(
smokinology07

Likes Received: 1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:09 am

smokinology07 wrote: My hypochondriasis was at peak.

Go with that. Stay off the Internet and find a clinical therapist to help resolve hypochondria.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1228

Postby smokinology07 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:25 am

So you're saying Hypochondria might cause waking up suddenly and no heartbeat?
smokinology07

Postby tokeless » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:52 am

smokinology07 wrote:So you're saying Hypochondria might cause waking up suddenly and no heartbeat?

People with no heartbeat don't wake up... they are dead. You're clearly, by admission a hypochondriac, so it's anxiety. You'll deny this because anxiety overrides logic, but trust me, no heartbeat people don't wake up to check if they have one.
tokeless

Likes Received: 367

Postby smokinology07 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:20 am

tokeless wrote:
smokinology07 wrote:So you're saying Hypochondria might cause waking up suddenly and no heartbeat?

You're clearly, by admission a hypochondriac, so it's anxiety.

Someone told me it was sleep apnea. That's because if our body senses that there's not enough oxygen, it will wake you up forcely.
Have you experienced it?
smokinology07

Postby tokeless » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:10 pm

Sleep apnea isn't your heart stopping though, which is what you described. Apnea can be harmful if it lowers blood gases but that's why the body will wake up in vast majority of cases. As an example, when you watch people snore and now and then they do a larger, noisy one and wake slightly, that is s form of apnea because the body isn't getting enough oxygen. Maybe you have it, but it can be treated with a machine to force air through... losing weight if applicable can help reduce snoring.
tokeless

Likes Received: 367

Postby smokinology07 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:59 am

tokeless wrote:losing weight if applicable can help reduce snoring.

Yeah, already lost lots of weight (from 198 lbs to 151 lbs.) and continuing.
Well, I don't deny that I'm having this hypochondria. I just don't understand why my heart stops beating for a while after I woke up forcibly. Still trying to figure out what's going on.

Thank you for taking your time responding. Really appreciate it.
smokinology07