Marginalised Researchers In Neurology

#120

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:15 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:It's a logic judgement:
In physics there exists resonance. Resonance is the product of an LC network. The brain is an electrical organic transmitter operating at alternating frequency. Brains are not all identical in frequency. Neither are LC networks. This is why Tesla stated vibration, resonance and frequency are the key to understanding. This is science and not emotion as you claim.Your judgements mostly to date are emotional judgements and reflected in endeavour to create arguments or score points.


You do realize the above is based on your emotions, right?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174


#121

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Emotion is similar to bias. Emotions are also more conditioned through environment. Emotions mosty connect people together mostly in a uniform resonant network. Tests I carried out over the last three years show how uniform normal thinking patterns are. One neurological type can't resonate the same as another no more that differing types of reactance can resonate the same way in any RF circuit. Mathematically I can demonstrate this and the whole concept of resonance applied to the brain was understood by Nichola Tesla.
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#122

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:25 pm

More on schools later on. A friend of mine told me recently she plans to educate her kids through tutors. Claimed the teaching in her own school was dire.
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#123

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:27 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:Emotion is similar to bias. Emotions are also more conditioned through environment. Emotions mosty connect people together mostly in a uniform resonant network.


Again...you do realize that it is emotion driving the above judgments?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174

#124

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Let me put it another way.

You say you are devoted to animals, specifically your dog. Devotion is an emotion. You use emotion, not logic when it comes to your dog.

When you eat you use emotion. There might be a logical component, e.g. avoid food X, but the underlying drivers of what you eat, when you eat, etc. are all decisions derived from emotion.

You study autism because it is a passion. Emotion drives you to study the topic.

What motivates you to share what you have learned about autism? Emotion.

Your motivation, devotion, passion is what drives you to log onto the forum and post a response. It isn't logic. You are not analyzing all the different potential uses of your time and logically concluding, "I should waste my time responding in an obscure forum that no one reads."

I have seen this more than once. People that are fearful of emotion wish to express and reinforce to themselves and others that they are "logical" and that they use logic rather than emotion. Yet it is emotion that is behind that very claim. It is a type of fear or discomfort with emotion that drives the person to claim they do not use emotion.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174

#125

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Let me put it another way.

You say you are devoted to animals, specifically your dog. Devotion is an emotion. You use emotion, not logic when it comes to your dog.

When you eat you use emotion. There might be a logical component, e.g. avoid food X, but the underlying drivers of what you eat, when you eat, etc. are all decisions derived from emotion.

You study autism because it is a passion. Emotion drives you to study the topic.

What motivates you to share what you have learned about autism? Emotion.

Your motivation, devotion, passion is what drives you to log onto the forum and post a response. It isn't logic. You are not analyzing all the different potential uses of your time and logically concluding, "I should waste my time responding in an obscure forum that no one reads."

I have seen this more than once. People that are fearful of emotion wish to express and reinforce to themselves and others that they are "logical" and that they use logic rather than emotion. Yet it is emotion that is behind that very claim. It is a type of fear or discomfort with emotion that drives the person to claim they do not use emotion.

Wrong on all counts. Except for animals. This was noted by Asperger, that the children were very cold emotionally to people but sometimes loving with animals.

"You study autism because it is a passion."

No. Knowledge is the key. Knowledge can solve all problems. Emotion doesn't drive me here.

"It is a type of fear or discomfort with emotion that drives the person to claim they do not use emotion."

You are rushing ahead here, I think, by discounting the research we already have. All experts from Kanner to Van Krevelin agree emotional flatness is a fundamental symptom. Of course, I've no objection to people challenging standard views and suggesting a different interpretation. However, you need to demonstrate how the orthodox view is incorrect and why. Also it's important to clarify nobody said we have no emotions at all. What we have is a very flat curve with occasional explosive burts. This is noted by Kretchmer.

“If we formulate requirements, at first glance, like automotive machines , stereotypically in the same monotonous way as they themselves speak, then often there is a feeling that they must obey and there is no way to disobey the order.” (Asperger)

"I should waste my time responding in an obscure forum that no one reads."

I have a blog on Wordpress so my posts here help me help me with essay material.

"It is a type of fear or discomfort with emotion that drives the person to claim they do not use emotion."

Here's a direct quotation:

"При данном состоянии проходит буквально несколько лет, и мы видим дефектную личность шизофреника - личность без эмоций, без побуждений, со сниженным энергетическим потенциалом и разорванным мышлением."

"In this state, literally several years pass, and we see a defective personality of a schizophrenic - a person without emotions, without motives, with a reduced energy potential and torn thinking."

You see, this is a reverse case scenario. Asperger wrote the greatest drawback with his child patients was to be too original and not draw upon knowledge passed down. This is true and has affected me in the past. However, nowadays I study essays by known psychologists and take their ideas into account. However, Richard, you tend to be ignoring the agreed consensus and substituting your own theory too rapidly. Surely you should study the mainstream view first before dismissing the basic outline? No, Asperger was rarely wrong. He researched all of this for 10 years.
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#126

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:58 pm

"To put it bluntly, anybody who thinks a school environment is benign needs to get their head out of the clouds and get a good dose of reality instead. Schools are abhorrent places."

Where do I start? I think abuse was rife. The posh, public schools were probably the worst as they encouraged bullying. I went to a typical, working-class school, which was probably not one of the worst. Yet, what scandals took place.
The female teachers could be a match for the male teachers. I recall one who had me stand at the back of her class for talking. While I was stood there she dismissed me as "pathetic".

Another one I recall was a very progressive, trendy pottery teacher who was totally passive and warm. Anti-authoritarian. For some reason, she got her kicks discussing sex with the teenage boys. Every class she chatted about her first encounter and her preferred karma sutra activities.

I was briefly bullied by the dentist's daughter who led a small gang of girls. She told me to be at a given location to help her baby-sit but clearly she had certain motives. I failed to turn up so she turned quite mean. In fact, for me, the worst bullies by far were the girls. For some reason passive individually but predators in groups.

Not wanting to be overly unkind, a great many of the teachers were closet perverts.

I would say a good 1960s movie on school was "If".
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#127

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:02 pm

Let me put it yet another way.

For you to have written your lastest response it required a physiological interaction that released some mix of dopamine/serotonin. Your amygdala was involved. Your adrenal glands were involved. And given the amygdala and adrenal glands were involved, it means your response was initiated by some emotional precursor. In simple terms we call this motivation.

I'm not dismissing emotional differences between those on the spectrum vs. "neurotypicals". But you are not a robot or AI. You are not Spock or data. You are a human with the physiology of a human. Unless your amygdala or adrenal glands have been damaged, you operate from emotion same as every other person.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174

#128

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 pm

The clip of "If"
Haven't seen it in years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_68miSOU78
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#129

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Let me put it yet another way.

For you to have written your lastest response it required a physiological interaction that released some mix of dopamine/serotonin. Your amygdala was involved. Your adrenal glands were involved. And given the amygdala and adrenal glands were involved, it means your response was initiated by some emotional precursor. In simple terms we call this motivation.

I'm not dismissing emotional differences between those on the spectrum vs. "neurotypicals". But you are not a robot or AI. You are not Spock or data. You are a human with the physiology of a human. Unless your amygdala or adrenal glands have been damaged, you operate from emotion same as every other person.

A story. I was once alone on a street corner. I could hear loud bangs and shouting. I looked across the street and there was this big, ex-prison guy going wild in a temper. I only looked briefly but the next thing I heard was loud threats of violence directed at me. This guy came across the street stating he was going to kick my head in. As he came behind me I turned around and looked. It was enough to scare and shake him up. In fact, he stuttered and went away quickly. What scared him? The simple fact he detected no emotion. There was no fear or expression on my face or any reaction. For him a dead man. Many times I saw people lock doors or get very spooked. People expect to sense emotion and mostly in my case there is none. It's normal in Psychopathy. You appear dead and eery.
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#130

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:29 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Let me put it yet another way.

For you to have written your lastest response it required a physiological interaction that released some mix of dopamine/serotonin. Your amygdala was involved. Your adrenal glands were involved. And given the amygdala and adrenal glands were involved, it means your response was initiated by some emotional precursor. In simple terms we call this motivation

I'm not dismissing emotional differences between those on the spectrum vs. "neurotypicals". But you are not a robot or AI. You are not Spock or data. You are a human with the physiology of a human. Unless your amygdala or adrenal glands have been damaged, yomeans your response was initiated by some emotional precursor. In simple terms we call this motivation.u operate from emotion same as every other person.


Someone. Somewhere. Help.

Richard quote:

" In simple terms we call this motivation. "

Neurologist quote:

"In this state, literally several years pass, and we see a defective personality of a schizophrenic - a person without emotions, without motives, with a reduced energy potential and torn thinking."

"Unless your amygdala or adrenal glands have been damaged"

Yes. Suhareva explains the role of the glands.
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#131

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 pm

"There is already a tendency, characteristic for many countries, to dilute this diagnosis and to bring some forms beyond the confines of schizophrenia. This trend is especially evident in the American classification,"

"Лабораторные исследования крови. Гемоглобина 80%, эритроцитов 4.700.000, лейкоцитов 7.200; лейкоцитарная формула отклонений от нормы не представляет, кроме небольшого лимфоцитоза. Исследования вегетативной нервной системы показало лабильность обеих систем. Реакция Вассермана отрицательна, реакция Abderhalden'a отрицательна с testes и thyreoidea."

Suhareva lab data


"Laboratory blood tests. Hemoglobin 80%, erythrocytes 4.700.000, leukocytes 7.200; the leukocyte formula does not represent abnormalities, except for a slight lymphocytosis. Studies of the autonomic nervous system have shown the lability of both systems. Wasserman's reaction is negative, Abderhalden's reaction is negative with testes and thyreoidea."
davidbanner99@
Full Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 8

#132

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:39 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:Neurologist quote:

"In this state, literally several years pass, and we see a defective personality of a schizophrenic - a person without emotions, without motives, with a reduced energy potential and torn thinking."


This is not you. You are not in that state.

You have motivation. You have motive in basically everything you do. You have plenty of energy. You joined the forum. You actively participate. Your emotion is on display with every thread, with every post, with every blog, with every desire you express with your deep passion for autism.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174

#133

Postby littlebrowndragon » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
You say you are devoted to animals, specifically your dog. Devotion is an emotion. You use emotion, not logic when it comes to your dog.

When you eat you use emotion. There might be a logical component, e.g. avoid food X, but the underlying drivers of what you eat, when you eat, etc. are all decisions derived from emotion.


I agree that emotion is a strong motivator. However, why is logic better?
littlebrowndragon
Junior Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Likes Received: 0

#134

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:45 pm

littlebrowndragon wrote:I agree that emotion is a strong motivator. However, why is logic better?


I would not say that logic is better. Logic has its proper place. Emotion and logic work in tandem. Studies on chess are probably the best example of how emotion/logic work together. Studies by Adrian de Groot are quite famous in this area as are the studies by Zambrosk and Klein.

Dual-processing theory is possibly a good way to explain what takes place. Logic requires heavy processing. Emotion is light processing and is generally quick and efficient, using pattern recognition and preferences to come to "good enough" or satisficing decisions. We don't need to analyze and use logic to come to the optimal decision in most cases.

For example, you decide you are hungry and to go to a restaurant. Even choosing which restaurant requires emotion. You don't use pure logic to calculate the cost-benefit ratio of every possibility. You "feel" or have a "taste" for a type of food and that narrows your choices to the two Italian restaurants in town. You then might use a bit of logic to compare those options. You might reason that one is closer or the other is cheaper. You might use reason to develop a sort of trade-off.

A good book on the topic is "Thinking Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11231
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1174


PreviousNext

Return to Psychology