What is the newest break-through in psychology?

Postby PsychoTrovecy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:02 am

My daughter asked me, once we were talking about discoveries in astrophysics, if there were any break-throughs in the field of psychology recently. I could not answer it. There are a lot of books written, but what is new?
PsychoTrovecy

Likes Received: 0

Postby quietvoice » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:41 pm

PsychoTrovecy wrote:My daughter asked me, once we were talking about discoveries in astrophysics, if there were any break-throughs in the field of psychology recently. I could not answer it. There are a lot of books written, but what is new?

For all its faults, Google is still useful . . . link.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 244

Postby bawdyheated » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:20 am

This is interesting, hope someone can answer.
bawdyheated

Likes Received: 4

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Psychology appears pretty dead today. In the 1930s it was a global science with elite scientists such as Freud. In fact, it was Kretchmer who discovered body type is connected with neurological profile. He even associated somatotype with psychological disorders.
Psychology today seems to ignore the source materials and travels the path of biology. Or, if not, it's about giving advice on family or sexual issues.
For me psychology is much more interesting than that. Reading Freudian concepts it became possible to interpret and explain behaviour. Some study on facial expression became very useful to me.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 9