Clean for 10 days

Postby potnomore » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:35 pm

First off, a huge thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing their stories! It is incredibly refreshing to know that I'm not alone in what I'm experiencing. It's now my turn to share.

I'm going to add a bit more detail than may be necessary so that it can possibly help others in the same boat.

I'm a 54 year old male living in Canada where pot is available just about everywhere now. I've never considered myself a pothead as I've held professional jobs, have a wife and kids. I've consumed cannabis for as long as I can remember. The only time I would take a break is when I would be on holidays somewhere where it wasn't available. So I'm estimating I've been using pretty regularly now for about 25 years at least...probably more.

Up until 11 days ago, my usual day consisted of waiting until about 5 pm to smoke up. The last year or so has consisted of using a strong 510 cart a few times in the evening and then taking some strong oil about 8 pm to knock me out for the night.

I've always wondered if cannabis had some mysterious bad side affects but society has been telling us that it's perfectly safe and not addictive. Now I know what crap that is.

The reason I stopped was because I was having these weird head issues. Sort of like vertigo but not really. My head was foggy and disoriented a lot and I had a suspicion it was the pot. The final straw was when I took my first toke for the evening and immediately had a strong dizzy, vertigo like sensation. I knew at that point that it was from the cannabis.

Here's what I've experienced clean so far:

- The first few days I was really short tempered and everything pissed me off.
- Hot flashes and cold chills randomly throughout the day.
- Minor stomach upset after eating meals.
- My lower back hasn't been sore! On pot, I would always wake up with a sore, stiff back. My wife (a massage therapist) believes that it's because on pot, I sleep like a log and everything locks up. When I'm clean, I toss and turn more and all the muscles stay loose. Just a theory.
- The weird head vertigo thing. I wish I could describe it better but I'm sure you've all been there.

The things that I haven't really experienced have been the severe sleeplessness and crazy dreams. I've had the crazy dreams and sleeplessness in the past when going off but not this time. Sleep is definitely not as sound or as solid as on cannabis but I'm getting enough throughout the night.

I absolutely can't prove this but I have a theory as to why the withdrawal isn't hitting me really hard this time. I'm a plant-based whole food person (meaning I don't eat meat, dairy, eggs,...anything that comes from animals or processed foods) and I'm super healthy. I firmly believe that this has helped me so far...but it's still early days so who knows!

What I found to help me get to sleep in the first week was drinking chamomile tea before bed and practicing the military method of falling asleep. I've since stopped the tea because I hate having to get up in the middle of the night to pee but I still practice the military method.

My biggest complaint right now is the head fog thing. It usually lasts until at least early afternoon and then starts to dissipate, only to return the next day. I'm trying to keep my patience with this as I know I've abused my brain for an awfully long time and it's going to take time to re-adjust itself to its new normal.

Anyway, I think that about covers things so far. As I said, it's still very early days and I have no ideas what is ahead of me. I'll keep you posted.
potnomore

Likes Received: 1

Postby potnomore » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm

I forgot to add that I've also been experiencing random anxiety and heart palpitations. I was watching TV last night in the comfort of my own home and all of a sudden got a strong anxious feel from nowhere. Anything and nothing seems to set one off.
potnomore

Likes Received: 1