85 Days! can I use CBD THC free?

Postby Beardown2277 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:03 pm

I am 21 years old and started smoking 4-5 years ago, the past 3-4 years I smoked every day pretty much. But these past 2-3 years I started smoking THC concentrate and recently have been smoking very high amounts (almost a gram a day) I stopped smoking a couple of days before the New Years' and had symptoms of sweating, and couldn’t sleep (insomnia). these only lasted for 5-6 days and then I was able to sleep and didn’t have any symptoms. I felt great! I was sleeping well and had no brain fog. I was very happy with myself and didn’t have any symptoms of withdrawal. I believe 2-3 weeks later I was hit with depersonalization/derealization. IT WAS TERRIFYING. I had no idea what was going on with me and I was stuck like this for 4-5days or so. I was scared to look in the mirror because I felt so out of my body!

After this, I was left with terrible insomnia and couldn’t sleep through the night. I hadn’t slept for almost 2 weeks so I went to the Doctor and they said I had depression and anxiety. I was prescribed anti-depressants and sleep aid. I didn’t take the anti-depressants because I didn’t feel as if I was depressed (I love my life) I just had terrible anxiety and couldn’t sleep! It took me weeks till I realized by searching online that I had this condition of DP/DR and bought shaun oconnors DP/DR manual to help recover. To recap I’ve been 85 days sober from weed and about 60 days since my first episode of DP/DR. Since that episode I feel way better and am not as disconnected as I was feeling. I believe I am close to fully recovering from DP/DR.

However, I have been looking online at this forum and on Reddit and found people discussing Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) I have no physical symptoms other than I have weird body twitches and pressure/ tension in my head mainly on my temples when I get stressed from schoolwork. I do however have this terrible brain fog and concentration is impossible! I can’t focus on my school work and my grades are being affected tremendously! I am starting to have feelings of depression and am sometimes irritable. Again I am on day 85 since I last smoked and 60 days since I experienced chronic DP/DR which only lasted a few days but still had bad symptoms up until recently. Am I just at the beginning of PAWS? Will it get worse?

I recently have met with a psychiatrist and explained to him my chronic use of weed/concentrates and was diagnosed with underlying anxiety and have just started taking Gabapentin 100mg 3 times daily and have just recently stopped taking the sleep aid which was Lorezapam .5 mg which was working so well but I am almost out of them.

I feel so dumb I can’t talk to people like I normally would and I just want to get healthy. I have been constantly working out every day and have been eating extremely healthy foods. No sugars no processed foods. I had to return home from university and my social life is affected all my friends are away at school. Also, I have been taking CBD edibles and Oils to help with anxiety. I tried to find ones that are THC-free but recently tried an oil that had trace amounts of THC which the CBD store employee told me wouldn’t affect my recovery. PLEASE SOMEONE let me know if I should stop taking CBD and if they believe that I am suffering from PAWS. I don’t have any urge to smoke at all and I am just suffering from bad anxiety and insomnia, with the occasional depressive bout. No physical symptoms and I HAVE NO URGE TO SMOKE!

I know this was a lot to read but I feel as if I’m not the only one with a story like this. Please let me know what you guys think and God Bless!
Beardown2277

Likes Received: 0