Negative and positive auditory suggestion

Postby Beerus » Sat May 01, 2021 10:38 am

hi guys i am new to the forum and my question is quite simple. So if a negative auditory suggestion such as a loud noise or an abrupt one produces a negative suggestion, which sounds create a positive suggestion? I believe the theme is also inherent to Pavlov's reflections
Beerus
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am
Likes Received: 0


#1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat May 01, 2021 1:08 pm

What do you mean by negative? Do you mean adrenaline - fear?

A loud or abrupt noise can create a reflexive response, adrenaline floods the body and the person "jumps" prior to identifying the source of the noise. It is part of "threat detection" which is hardwired. It isn't a suggestion. The person has no choice/decision.

A thunder clap is probably the best example in nature. With man made devices there is the flash-bang grenade. The response is automated. Processing of the noise takes a minimum of 100-200 milliseconds. As the person "jumps" they think, "That's thunder!"

The same happens with the other senses, e.g. sight and touch. A person will automatically duck in response to something moving rapidly in their peripheral vision. Or a person will quickly pull their hand away from a hot or sharp object. It takes 100-200 milliseconds to realize the rapid movement was just a harmless fly buzzing. It can take a fraction of a second for a person to realize they are burned or have been cut.

Is this what you mean by negative?

If so, then I would submit that the closest opposite or positive would be adrenaline - elation. If a person is stranded or has been isolated, then the sound of a human voice, or of a man made machine might trigger excitement, hope of rescue. If a person was searching for water, the sound of a bubbling brook might trigger elation. In a similar fashion to the reflexive responses, it would take 100-200 milliseconds to process, but the flow of adrenaline - elation would be automated, unstoppable.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#2

Postby bawdyheated » Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 am

This is an interesting discussion. I'd like to know more.
bawdyheated
Junior Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 am
Likes Received: 5

#3

Postby Beerus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:What do you mean by negative? Do you mean adrenaline - fear?

A loud or abrupt noise can create a reflexive response, adrenaline floods the body and the person "jumps" prior to identifying the source of the noise. It is part of "threat detection" which is hardwired. It isn't a suggestion. The person has no choice/decision.

A thunder clap is probably the best example in nature. With man made devices there is the flash-bang grenade. The response is automated. Processing of the noise takes a minimum of 100-200 milliseconds. As the person "jumps" they think, "That's thunder!"

The same happens with the other senses, e.g. sight and touch. A person will automatically duck in response to something moving rapidly in their peripheral vision. Or a person will quickly pull their hand away from a hot or sharp object. It takes 100-200 milliseconds to realize the rapid movement was just a harmless fly buzzing. It can take a fraction of a second for a person to realize they are burned or have been cut.

Is this what you mean by negative?

If so, then I would submit that the closest opposite or positive would be adrenaline - elation. If a person is stranded or has been isolated, then the sound of a human voice, or of a man made machine might trigger excitement, hope of rescue. If a person was searching for water, the sound of a bubbling brook might trigger elation. In a similar fashion to the reflexive responses, it would take 100-200 milliseconds to process, but the flow of adrenaline - elation would be automated, unstoppable.

thanks for your answer, sorry if I answer you so late, but I changed provider and it took them a long time to activate the line. You have fully understood my problem, I would like a person who knows nothing, as soon as he sees an object, can be influenced in a positive way through a sound. I had not thought of your solution and I must say that it is brilliant, but I had thought of two other solutions, tell me according to your point of view how I can conclude them both. Then the first provides for particular sound frequencies (I always speak of sound), which contribute to relaxation or excitement in accordance with your point of view, I believe that a sound around 432 hz can be optimal, but you tell me the right combination . So if in my first proposal I talk about particular frequencies, in my second hypothesis I talk to you about "emptying your mind" that is when we are able to think we are more inclined to accept what is proposed to us, even if in this second case perhaps we are talking about hypnosis, I believe that there may be a way to stop the brain from thinking I had thought that since we are not multitasking, when we listen to two different sounds we get confused and go into standby. Tell me how can I solve these two opinions of mine, I think you are the right person to help me. Ps: I'm sorry again if I write to you after so long but I didn't know how to connect to the internet
Beerus
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am
Likes Received: 0

#4

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 pm

Beerus wrote: I believe that a sound around 432 hz can be optimal, but you tell me the right combination . So if in my first proposal I talk about particular frequencies, in my second hypothesis I talk to you about "emptying your mind" that is when we are able to think we are more inclined to accept what is proposed to us,


Hypothesis One: Frequency, by itself, is not sufficient. A baby crying or an opera singer can be at the same high frequency, but one evokes anxiety/fear and the other relaxation/reflection.

Hypothesis Two: To have an empty mind seems reasonable, but how that state can be achieved is not entirely clear. The mind, even when not active, is usually primed to receive a message based on previous messages, previous experiences in life, and the current physiological state.

Empty your mind. I say, “Religion”. With that single word your past experience has primed you to think of a certain religion. It isn’t random. You are already primed to think of the religion predominant in your past. It doesn’t matter if your mind was “clear”.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#5

Postby Beerus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Beerus wrote: I believe that a sound around 432 hz can be optimal, but you tell me the right combination . So if in my first proposal I talk about particular frequencies, in my second hypothesis I talk to you about "emptying your mind" that is when we are able to think we are more inclined to accept what is proposed to us,


Hypothesis One: Frequency, by itself, is not sufficient. A baby crying or an opera singer can be at the same high frequency, but one evokes anxiety/fear and the other relaxation/reflection.

Hypothesis Two: To have an empty mind seems reasonable, but how that state can be achieved is not entirely clear. The mind, even when not active, is usually primed to receive a message based on previous messages, previous experiences in life, and the current physiological state.

Empty your mind. I say, “Religion”. With that single word your past experience has primed you to think of a certain religion. It isn’t random. You are already primed to think of the religion predominant in your past. It doesn’t matter if your mind was “clear”.

thanks for your answer in fact in the first hypothesis in addition to the frequency lrebdo as a parameter the fact that a sound is high or low in fact the famous ASMRs that are on youtube are nothing but low sounds, it is in fact known that the noise of the hairdryer generates relaxation. In addition to this parameter, are there others such as giving continuity to the sound? And how do I get excited, increasing the frequency and power of the sounds like in hardstyle? For the second hypothesis, on the other hand, I am more confused since I refer to that state in which I cannot reason as for example performance anxiety, on various manuals I have read that it depends on the fact that we are not used to managing a lot of information, and as a result our brain shuts down in the sense that it cannot reason, it goes into blackout, you refer to the fact that the brain is always aware of external stresses and I know this too, but there are those moments that happen to me too like for example a girl I like where I don't know what to say, as if my brain is frozen. Here through the sounds, the only way in which I can emulate this situation, is to make people think of many things together and in the end the brain "gets tired", excuse the term, as in fact when we see the girl we like. So now I rely on you as far as this how can I solve it through sounds
Beerus
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am
Likes Received: 0

#6

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:46 pm

Beerus wrote: So now I rely on you as far as this how can I solve it through sounds


Solve what? You want to play a sound to solve anxiety when picking up a girl?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#7

Postby Beerus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Beerus wrote: So now I rely on you as far as this how can I solve it through sounds


Solve what? You want to play a sound to solve anxiety when picking up a girl?

no no that was just an example of a situation in which the black out of the brain can occur which I repeat I do not mean a real shutdown but only a state in which you cannot reason / think such as performance anxiety. My job is completely different from catching girls. So having clarified this point, there is a way in which a sound can make the brain "turn off", I am not being able to explain myself well, but I am not a psychologist and I do not know the proper terms, however let me know
Beerus
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am
Likes Received: 0

#8

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 pm

There is no sound that “turns off” the brain.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#9

Postby Beerus » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:There is no sound that “turns off” the brain.

thanks Richard you were right. I consulted with some people and they made me understand that in that case a sound could lead to a higher level of attention, and that instead to be able to bring the brain into standby, it is more necessary to lower the concentration, so I believe that the road it would be another for this reason I will move to another topic perhaps hypnosis, so I think that in a few days I will post my topic on this topic but in another section, so we will meet again in a few days
Beerus
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 01, 2021 10:32 am
Likes Received: 0



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Psychology