lock private dns for quit masturbation

Postby agh620 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:02 pm

hi everyone
One of the prerequisites for quitting masturbation is blocking porn sites and not seeing porn content
Android OS version 9 (Pie) and above have a feature called Private DNS that this feature can block 95% porn websites
After about a year of searching on Google, I could not find a way to make the Private DNS unchangeable because addicted person should not be able to change server of Private DNS or disable this feature altogether
I beg you to introduce a way to make Private DNS unchangeable
agh620
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:48 pm
Likes Received: 0


#1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:58 pm

agh620 wrote:
One of the prerequisites for quitting masturbation is blocking porn sites


No it isn’t.

That’s like saying a prerequisite to stop lust is to cover women with burqas. It takes the burden of responsibility off the individual man to control his desires, and places the burden on the community.

The community is not responsible to stop individuals from masturbating. That’s like saying it is the communities responsibility to make sure I don’t drink too much coffee or eat too much snack food.

At what point do we learn individual responsibility for our actions?

A porn site blocker will do ZERO to stop a person from masturbating. The person will simply switch from porn sites to other venues. Prior to the Internet, magazines were a go to source.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#2

Postby tokeless » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Porn has been around way longer than the internet, as has masterbation
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 348

#3

Postby agh620 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
agh620 wrote:
The person will simply switch from porn sites to other venues.

tokeless wrote:Porn has been around way longer than the internet, as has masterbation


tnx for your replies - I know there are other ways to provoke an addict besides porn sites But after about a year of experience, I realized that 95% of the time I get into a porn site when I get aroused. I experienced that when I enter a porn site, I will definitely masturbate. I will not masturbate even if I am stimulated with the remaining 5% of the irritatingly content, unless I enter the porn site.

remaining 5% of the irritatingly content = instagram - telegram - whatsapp

I do not know, but maybe this is true of me that 5% need other 95% for masturbate
agh620
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:48 pm
Likes Received: 0

#4

Postby tokeless » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 am

tnx for your replies - I know there are other ways to provoke an addict besides porn sites But after about a year of experience, I realized that 95% of the time I get into a porn site when I get aroused. I experienced that when I enter a porn site, I will definitely masturbate. I will not masturbate even if I am stimulated with the remaining 5% of the irritatingly content, unless I enter the porn site.

remaining 5% of the irritatingly content = instagram - telegram - whatsapp

I do not know, but maybe this is true of me that 5% need other 95% for masturbate[/quote]

I think what you're doing is typical of some people who keep doing something, even when they don't really want to... they call themselves an addict. This tells them they aren't the issue, it's that damned addict inside them that keeps doing it, so they are helpless to it. I understand that watching too much porn can mess up the chemicals of stimulation so it's hard (forgive the pun) to feel arousal without it etc etc.... but you don't have to switch off the porn world with an app... you could tape boxing gloves on to your hands, you could try aversion therapy were you punish yourself if you feel aroused, with say an elastic band on your wrist.
There are implants for opiate addicts that have a chemical that blocks opiates so they can't get high... does it stop them wanting to? Hell no. Some have cut them out themselves because they couldn't handle it.
Do you masterbate for tension release? If so, manage that tension differently. This is called taking control for your actions... much healthier and long lasting.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 348

#5

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm

agh620 wrote: I realized that 95% of the time I get into a porn site when I get aroused. I will not masturbate even if I am stimulated with the remaining 5% of the irritatingly content,


Your logic, but using alcohol: 95% I drink wine and this makes me drunk. I don't get drunk when I drink beer, but that is only 5% of the time.

Your solution: Ban wine.

What do you think will happen? With your logic, you think that because wine was banned that you solved the problem. But that is not true. Without wine available, beer becomes your only option for when you want to get drunk. Therefore when you get drunk it will be on beer 100% of the time. So you want to ban beer too?

In other words, if you ban porn sites, then 100% of your masturbation will use instagram/whatsapp. It won't solve the problem.

As tokeless suggested, you need to work on how you manage the issue. Like any other goal in life, you need to work on building your self-discipline.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1193

#6

Postby tokeless » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:21 pm

How do you w**k to WhatsApp???
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2400
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 348



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions