A Few Words On Censorship

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:33 pm

Candid wrote:A few MORE words on censorship, this time in beleagured Melbourne, China. https://www.rebelnews.com/let_avi_report_petition

Well, I checked out 15 seconds of this “reporter” on YouTube. First one I clicked on. And he is just berating a cop, holding his microphone and repeatedly telling the cop to say the word “sorry”.

He’s not a reporter. I’d ban him from my press conferences as well.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1262

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:36 pm

Just to add Candid, there is currently real, actual censorship going on in the world. You can find a better example than some activist with a camera that’s on YouTube with 670,000 subscribers and nearly 400 videos.

He’s not being censored. He is simply an a$$hat that’s using the current situation to create a name for himself.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1262

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:17 pm

The other day I upset a woman. I was as usual calling the virus measures absurd. The reaction struck me as typical of a Moonie cult member of the 1970s. The woman was frantically defending the fact she's tested every week. She also defended her diagnosis as "having the virus" despite nothing being wrong with her.
There's an element of self absorption and selfishness about the virus cult. I mean, some people live with real illness like paralysis or cancer. Yet, all I hear these days is perfectly healthy people being told they're seriously ill. To be tested is to feed the flames of paranoid hypochondria.
Also the point I mentioned to Candid, everyday people aren't simply victims but so many really buy into it. They believe it like a religion. They lack the basic intelligence to question. I pointed out to the lady in question that a casual glimpse at the roads shows they're jam packed with traffic. Doesn't look like 1000 people a day are dying to me. There was a quarter of the traffic in the 1980s yet nobody feared flu viruses.
Lately I've gone from patient debate to openly telling people I meet that I think it's a lot of nonsense. And as stated, much of it is rooted in selfishness, insecurity and feeble mindedness.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 27

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Just to add Candid, there is currently real, actual censorship going on in the world. You can find a better example than some activist with a camera that’s on YouTube with 670,000 subscribers and nearly 400 videos.

He’s not being censored. He is simply an a$$hat that’s using the current situation to create a name for himself.

Yes, there is money in the opposition movement. There are opportunists. Candid is sincere and motivated by sincere concerns but ethical people are so often manipulated by charlatans. My own wake-up was the Icke forum. Most were flag waving fanatics, seeking to scapegoat and blame where there was an easy target.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Given I lived in part of this region, I can maybe shine some light on what's behind possible war in Europe.
After the breakup of the USSR, a growing anti-Russian mentality gradually permeated former block countries, such as Estonia, Romania and especially Poland. In Ukraine it happened more slowly. I never understood the logic why because, for example, Stalin was Georgian and Lenin Armenian. So, although a lot of poorer countries like Poland blamed Russia for economic stagnation, the whole communist ideology has its roots in Germany (Marx). At any rate, having travelled the region years ago, it's clear there was a drive in countries to identify along national lines. So, Ukraine strives to exist as Ukrainian but, in the process, nationalism took root. And partly the same thing happened in Russia too since nationalism is likewise part of Putin's outlook.
Some Russian historians blame Stalin for having repressed national identity. Now, as a result, nationalism is a problem all over Eastern Europe.
The situation is a tinder box. It would require real diplomacy to avert a European war. Using the situation simply to expand NATO to Ukraine is extremely dangerous. For example, should Russia and Ukraine go into conflict, it could easily uncork the unrest in the Baltics. Poland could also get dragged in.
It's a classic example of "short term thinking". All negotiations have failed because only short term objectives are being looked at. However, all those considerations would have no bearing if an actual hot war results.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:39 pm

davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:51 pm

First link didn't work so used yandex. Just wait till it loads on screen.

https://yandex.ru/video/pad/search?film ... 20protests
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:02 pm

Ironic that militant anti vaxers started switching to HAM. It's my speciality. In the 1960s the novice bands were on 80 meters shortwave. Very popular was SSB as the range was high.
The others good news is Boris Johnson activity exposed politicians over here as "fake" since we now know they were all holding parties during the lockdown. So, those who bought into the lockdown propaganda now know Johnson and co never took it seriously. Where I live a fair few people have ditched the masks.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Previous