A Few Words On Censorship

Postby davidbanner99@ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote:Unfortunately, my health is taking a battering. I ought to be seen by a doctor at this stage. However, I'm going to see if sensible measures might do some good.

You have multiple health issues with X, Y, and Z. And these issues have lasted some time now. The “sensible measures” are to see someone about your health, preferably an expert.

I agree totally. I just want to avoid doctors as much as I'm able. They seem obsessed by Covid.
davidbanner99@

Likes Received: 37

Postby davidbanner99@ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:37 pm

On a different theme. Much talk of war in Europe. On this occasion, I tend to be sympathetic to Russia. It strikes me Ukraine is being armed and militarised the way Cuba was in 1961. Purely from Russia's situation it's a security threat. Efforts have been made by the Russians to secure an agreement over Ukraine but these have been knocked back. Whereas in Cuba a compromise was found by Kennedy and Krushchev who both proved to be capable of diplomacy.
Whatever the view, the worst case scenario is Putin repeats the Chechnyan war scenario in Ukraine. Of course, all sides know the risks. Eastern European countries will try to support Ukraine and that could lead to a global third world war.
I feel pretty sure if this takes place you'll hear far less about Covid measures. Given that war is a major crisis with far greater implications.
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:29 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:I just want to avoid doctors as much as I'm able. They seem obsessed by Covid.

Are they though? Or is it your own obsession?

I’m curious, what is your fear? That somehow an “obsessed” doctor will secretly inject you? Or is your fear that they will ask your status and refuse to treat you?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1273

Postby davidbanner99@ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:49 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:I just want to avoid doctors as much as I'm able. They seem obsessed by Covid.

Are they though? Or is it your own obsession?

I’m curious, what is your fear? That somehow an “obsessed” doctor will secretly inject you? Or is your fear that they will ask your status and refuse to treat you?

It's no secret here how I view social hysteria, be it witches, werewolves or doomsday viruses. I popped into the optician last week, after scores of letters about my eye-test being due. Two women sat muzzled like zombies in the office. Billboards proclaimed the urgency of "social distancing". I thanked the staff for their letters and said I'd be back once things calm down. Whenever that is.
So, yes, I now have zero trust in the health system. I would have to be at death's door to visit a doctor.
I did my training session today and tried fueling up on pure orange juice. On this occasion it did seem to work. No subsequent shivers or fevers. Back and stomach still wobbly but at least I could exercise.
Been doing research into physical illness and schizophrenia. Very significant are irregularities of the somatovegetative nervous system, that is acid reflux, toxins in the nervous system and glucose in urine. The Soviets also measured oxygen intake via the respiratory system and found reduced levels. For now, I'll try reducing exercise, eating better and more vits. Ideally I need blood tests and other tests.
davidbanner99@

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:09 am

Candid wrote: Assuming it was deliberate, their parents must have faith in their governments.

Faith in government? I don’t think so. Faith in humanity? Yes. People, including parents with children, fleeing oppressive, genocidal governments is nothing new. That’s been taking place for thousands of years. It is taking place at this very moment, people fleeing conditions we struggle to fathom.

If the UK is so bad, what’s your migration plan? Given we have a republic, much of the USA is a safe zone. We’d take you in Candid. And if things were to get too bad in the USA, I have a few places in mind that are nice.

We're already seeing lots of spontaneous post-jab miscarriages. It will be a while before the infertility ingredient becomes obvious to all.

Yes. I’ve seen quite a few reports about this. There is no doubt in my mind the jab isn’t worth the risk. Still, the numbers are so small there is no statistical impact as the global population clock keeps going up, tick, tick, tick.

The perpetrators are aiming for huge reductions by 2025, and about 90% by 2030.

Those pesky perpetrators are doing a horrible job. It’s been 2 years and the population keeps rising!

So now only three years left for “huge reductions”. When will the clock start reversing Candid? When will you and I be able to check that link and see the population getting lower instead of higher?

Can't speak for Candid but myself I'd hate to live in the USA. In the 1970s, probably I'd have loved California but not today. It strikes me life's mostly measured in dollars in America and there's a saturation of the profit ideology. Trample on others to rise to the top. And what irks most of all is how academia is likewise regulated by profit. So much academia isn't quality research but spin and gloss. Take Steve Silberman's Neurotribes book on Asperger. It was a best seller and grossed large sums. Yet, quality wise it sacrificed more serious research to popularism. How can a society hope to stay at the top when commerce and profit eclipses all other areas? Maybe there are some more inviting parts of the country, that is true. Colorado has lovely natural resources and Louisiana a lot of history. For me what spoils it all is the lifestyle.
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:12 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:It's no secret here how I view social hysteria, be it witches, werewolves or doomsday viruses. I popped into the optician last week, after scores of letters about my eye-test being due. Two women sat muzzled like zombies in the office. Billboards proclaimed the urgency of "social distancing". I thanked the staff for their letters and said I'd be back once things calm down. Whenever that is.
So, yes, I now have zero trust in the health system. I would have to be at death's door to visit a doctor.

Again David,

What is your fear? Do you think what you saw means that the optometrist will secretly vaccinate you?

Why do you give a flying fart @#$* that people in the office wear masks and there was a sign recommending social distancing?

It sounds like you were the one making an issue out of things, not them. You are the one reacting hysterically and/or irrationally.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:22 am

davidbanner99@ wrote: For me what spoils it all is the lifestyle.

You act as if there is a single lifestyle. Don’t buy the propaganda. In a country of 330 million people, there are a handful of cities and/or regions where things are pretty screwed up.

Where I am, you could go to an optometrist or a dentist without an issue. Well, unless you decided to make it an issue by being afraid because you see hand sanitizer available.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby tokeless » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:33 am

davidbanner99@ wrote: For me what spoils it all is the lifestyle.

You act as if there is a single lifestyle. Don’t buy the propaganda. In a country of 330 million people, there are a handful of cities and/or regions where things are pretty screwed up.

Where I am, you could go to an optometrist or a dentist without an issue. Well, unless you decided to make it an issue by being afraid because you see hand sanitizer available.

I guess, as an observation, it's the image the US projects to the rest of the world. It's the land of riches, wealth and opportunity, even if that's not the reality for the majority.
tokeless

Likes Received: 394

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:45 pm

tokeless wrote:I guess, as an observation, it's the image the US projects to the rest of the world. It's the land of riches, wealth and opportunity, even if that's not the reality for the majority.

The land of opportunity. That is one image that has stuck. The USA has attracted immigrants since it was founded and continues to do so.

The reality, is that the “poor” in America, dependent on the source you use, are wealthier than roughly 70 to 80 percent of the world. In other words, our “poor” are not really poor by global standards.

The “poor” are only poor in comparison to their fellow Americans. And this is what the politicians spin for power.

They say you are poor and the system is unfair, because there is a “wealth gap”. That a “poor” American has plenty of food, electricity, clothing, owns their home, has a car, Internet, cell phone, access to free health care and government benefits, etc. is irrelevant. The politicians get votes by pointing out, “Your fellow American, on average, has more wealth than you and so you should be upset!!!”

Not only do the statistics show how poor Americans are not actually poor, I’ve seen it first hand. When I worked as an officer, I dealt with a wide range of calls, many of them being in “poor” neighborhoods. And after my years in public service, I have been fortunate to travel the world. I have seen POOR neighborhoods. The poor in the US aren’t poor.

Are things perfect in the USA? No. Not at all. There are many issues to be addressed. We are more politically divided than I’ve ever seen. We have some issues, such as the fentanyl drug crisis with all the side effects.

Just an open question…where is the land of opportunity today? If not the USA, then where?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby tokeless » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:02 pm

Are things perfect in the USA? No. Not at all. There are many issues to be addressed. We are more politically divided than I’ve ever seen. We have some issues, such as the fentanyl drug crisis with all the side effects.

Yeah, as I said. The positive image is the one projected. Poverty is always relative and there will be someone poorer than you. The model in the USA seems to be consumerist, and that fits hand and glove with dissatisfaction and the desire for more, so it's an easy sell for politicians because they promise you more, as long as you vote for them. Historically the US has always struggled with drug use and despite billions being spent, it just keeps being an issue.. legalising pot seems to have created issues too. Money seems in the mix for most things in life, certainly the western world.

Just an open question…where is the land of opportunity today? If not the USA, then where?

It's a myth well sold.
tokeless

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:11 pm

Maybe the U.S is an object lesson of what can go so wrong when material gain drives an entire society. Americans have been socially programmed from infancy to grab what they can, whatever way they can. I admit, experience made me very distrustful and skeptical. Now, Candid, for example, we know is totally sincere in her concerns over vaccines. Like many, she's worried over the future for younger generations. The only difference between myself and Candid is I hugely mistrust American academics. Those are the ones mostly quoted at me. How do you even know they are bona fide? And the main bone of contention. What motivates them? Answer? Money, profit, book sales. It's a bit like that song by Genesis. "I've been talking to Jesus all my life. Jesus he knows me and he knows I'm right!" That is, so many pastors in America were secretly having lurid affairs with women, while raking in dollar contributions on T.V. This permeates all areas of society - even the "like" culture of Facebook. Tell the people what they want to hear at the right time. Exploit a given situation to make money.
Is there anyone to admire in America? Well, yes. I admired Muhammad Ali for his sincerity and guts. Bruce Lee I liked. The movie industry was terrific, especially in the 1980s. I'm a fan of Jefferson Airplane. All these figures were, however, counter culture or stood for something different.
Another point is there are worse places to live. I would hate to be in Australia, for example, or France.
davidbanner99@

Postby tokeless » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:21 pm

White Rabbit is some tune. Catches the essence of the times.
tokeless

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:30 pm

The Lance Armstrong scandal summed up America's deep problem. The issue for many wasn't that Lance doped. I mean, all European pro-cyclists doped. The issue was that Lance could have been low key. Instead he sued people in the media and swore blind he was anti drug. Even sued other cyclists. When the truth finally emerged, people like Robin Williams the actor were shattered and let-down. I must admit I got so cynical I don't trust either American politicians, psychics and paranormal investigators, psychology book authors, media figures or, especially, conspiracy leaders. Almost always, the motive is money
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:28 pm

tokeless wrote:It's a myth well sold.

How so?

I get there is a relative aspect to what we mean by opportunity, but it’s hard to argue that there is less opportunity in the USA than in North Korea. I don’t think that is a myth.

I also would offer that there is more opportunity in the USA than there was historically under feudalism. I don’t think that is a myth.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby tokeless » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:01 pm

tokeless wrote:It's a myth well sold.

How so?

I get there is a relative aspect to what we mean by opportunity, but it’s hard to argue that there is less opportunity in the USA than in North Korea. I don’t think that is a myth.

I also would offer that there is more opportunity in the USA than there was historically under feudalism. I don’t think that is a myth.

Opportunity is a construct that is usually linked to where you are in the food chain. If you are born in a country that is poor and opportunities are few, then to aspire beyond that is difficult, unless you get lucky or the level of attainment is accepted to be better than what you were born in. Being a porter in a hotel could be better than cleaning it as an example. If you come from a more affluent situation then you can have more opportunities presented to you. They all require effort and determination to succeed, unless you are born in the higher bracket. Here doors are opened for you because of who you are connected to. Boris Johnson, David Cameron et al are classic examples of this. Cameron was given a job in PR because of connections. He wasn't very good by all accounts. Johnson has bluffed and lied his way through life with little in terms of consequences for doing so.
Obviously it's more complicated than this, but in terms of where the land of opportunity is, it's easier to say where it isn't... The American dream was and is very powerful even if unattainable for most imo
tokeless

PreviousNext