A Few Words On Censorship

#1035

Postby desperate788 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 pm

A debate of 1035 posts about covid censorship. One thing is sure they dont censor everything at least :mrgreen:
User avatar
desperate788
Super Member
 
Posts: 41791
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm
Likes Received: 122


#1036

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:34 pm

The logic runs that medicines, as I see it, serve as emergency measures. Sometimes you must use antibiotics. To not use antibiotics with a severe ear infection, for example, isn't worth the risk. However, we know that antibiotics have been handed out too widely and we know flu vaccines have been dished out as a magic solution. The overall outcome is now a drop in immunity.
Take, for example, steroids. Steroids increase testosterone and that then enables increase of muscle mass and strength. There is a catch, however, as many bodybuilders discovered. The body "stops" producing its own testosterone, which creates issues when you stop the steroids. Can you see the parallel here? The same way hormone production ceases, so does the immune response when you allow reckless people to pump you full of experimental vaccines. It's misguided, irresponsible and wrong. And it's killing people. Add together the social distancing and disinfecting, the decades of flu jabs and over-used antibiotics - and there's your mystery virus. Or at least the inability to fight off viruses. Thus, politicians are unwittingly killing off possibly millions of people and, thus far, no sign they have worked out the basic logic.
Through steroids we learned there is no way to outdo nature and evolution. I found most steroid users often die around 60. Side effects are diabetese and often heart valve problems.
I only differ with Candid over one point. She thinks it's a deliberate plot and I do not.
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37

#1037

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:36 pm

desperate788 wrote:A debate of 1035 posts about covid censorship. One thing is sure they dont censor everything at least :mrgreen:

If it were a huge readership I imagine our views would be blocked as in youtube.
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37

#1038

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:47 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: The virus is the vaccines perhaps.


People were dying of COVID a full year before the first person received any vaccine.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1273

#1039

Postby desperate788 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:58 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:
desperate788 wrote:A debate of 1035 posts about covid censorship. One thing is sure they dont censor everything at least :mrgreen:

If it were a huge readership I imagine our views would be blocked as in youtube.

Censorship isnt good and im against it. People are clever enough to choose whats best for them processing all views. These people are the ones who invented cars spaceships smartphones and vaccines.
User avatar
desperate788
Super Member
 
Posts: 41791
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm
Likes Received: 122

#1040

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote: The virus is the vaccines perhaps.


People were dying of COVID a full year before the first person received any vaccine.


You can't rationalise a delusion Richard... this is what Yandex or Spandex can make you think... utter bonkers.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 394

#1041

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:41 pm

Thus, politicians are unwittingly killing off possibly millions of people and, thus far, no sign they have worked out the basic logic.

Have you David? Please share what that logic is.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 394

#1042

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote: The virus is the vaccines perhaps.


People were dying of COVID a full year before the first person received any vaccine.

You haven't understood what I posted. My take is "drugs" collectively (and some vaccines) probably reduced immunity. We already know from the onset the dreaded Covid was stated not to be a threat to healthy people. And I stand by that reality since it never touched me beyond normal, mild symptoms. That's speaking personally.
What we have is an initial assertion very unwell people were at risk. Why are many people unswell to begin with? Several reasons, (sometimes misfortune) fatty foods, lack of exercise, excessive alcohol and - especially - stress. And also overuse of antibiotics and drugs with little regard to the significance of immunity.
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37

#1043

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:57 pm

tokeless wrote:Thus, politicians are unwittingly killing off possibly millions of people and, thus far, no sign they have worked out the basic logic.

Have you David? Please share what that logic is.

Sure, read Mendel and Charles Darwin. Take a look at natural selection and - as Einstein urged - observe nature.
Are wolves dying off? No. Lions or bears? No. Whales or dolphins? No. Do they take their flu and covid jabs?
Hell no!!!
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37

#1044

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:03 pm

"Censorship isnt good and im against it. People are clever enough to choose whats best for them processing all views. These people are the ones who invented cars spaceships smartphones and vaccines.[/quote]"

Feel free to state your views. Quiet Voice is missing.
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37

#1045

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:08 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:
tokeless wrote:Thus, politicians are unwittingly killing off possibly millions of people and, thus far, no sign they have worked out the basic logic.

Have you David? Please share what that logic is.

Sure, read Mendel and Charles Darwin. Take a look at natural selection and - as Einstein urged - observe nature.
Are wolves dying off? No. Lions or bears? No. Whales or dolphins? No. Do they take their flu and covid jabs?
Hell no!!!


That's just non sensical and nothing to do with the discussion. I'd respect you more for admitting you don't know over that nonsense.
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 394

#1046

Postby tokeless » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:10 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:"Censorship isnt good and im against it. People are clever enough to choose whats best for them processing all views. These people are the ones who invented cars spaceships smartphones and vaccines.
"

Feel free to state your views. Quiet Voice is missing.[/quote]

Should people be allowed to read extremist views rather than have it censored because it causes offence or distress to others?
tokeless
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
Likes Received: 394

#1047

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:26 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: My take is "drugs" collectively (and some vaccines) probably reduced immunity.


David, I understand what you are saying and agree, but you are talking about a subset of a subset of a subset.

And again, I don’t know how many times I need to repeat this, but all we need to do is compare countries to tell that what you are claiming isn’t taking place. We have two years worth of data. And we have countries that heavily use antibiotics and countries with very low use of antibiotics.

If heavy use of antibiotics was a major contributing factor to death by COVID/vaccine, then you would see countries with heavy antibiotic use having much higher death rates than countries with low antibiotic use. And that hasn’t happened.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1273

#1048

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote:Feel free to state your views. Quiet Voice is missing.


Quietvoice has had ZERO posts censored and was not banned. She is free to post whenever she likes. But freedom to speak doesn’t mean others don’t have the freedom to point out the absurdity of her claims. Pointing out that someone has an ignorant view on a particular issue is not censorship.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1273

#1049

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:52 pm

"Quietvoice has had ZERO posts censored and was not banned. She is free to post whenever she likes. But freedom to speak doesn’t mean others don’t have the freedom to point out the absurdity of her claims. Pointing out that someone has an ignorant view on a particular issue is not censorship.[/quote]"


You appear to be misunderstanding me, Richard. I wasn't at all suggesting Q.V. was disgruntled. Simply absent. I didn't know Q.V. was female?
As to your point, sure it's valid but aren't you zooming in on what was more generalised. Yes, antibiotics are needed. So are steroids in cases of severe weight loss. However, just quoting stats is limited because we lack the overall broader data.
Take Cuba and America. I read once that despite Cuba's far poorer health care, general population health matches the USA simply because Cubans eat better. Indeed the cooking oil in Greece and Spain appears to helo people live longer, despite a poorer economy.
You can't just take antibiotics out of context of so many differing factors and that way prove a point. You need to look also at diet, stress, geography, genetics and so on.
Simplifying it another way, we should know that overuse of drugs isn't at all good. We would even survive without any as a collective. That is in evolutionary terms. Of course, leprosy would still kill countless people and lifespan could be shorter. Just that it wouldn't lead to extinction.
In my view a balance is the best option.
davidbanner99@
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:00 pm
Likes Received: 37


PreviousNext

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Psychology