A Few Words On Censorship

Postby quietvoice » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: To censor that would mean blocking e-mail services - not practical.

Pray tell, where, oh where, is there practicality AT ALL in this world takeover?

How has government ever been practical to begin with?

Perhaps, on the email front, you don't know that people HAVE had their emails censored. (I don't have proof for you.) It's not impossible, and as far as "they" are concerned, anything "they" do passes the Practicality Test.
quietvoice

Likes Received: 324

Postby davidbanner99@ » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:38 pm

I'm not particularly a conspiracy theorist. Of course, it doesn't matter a great deal. What matters far more is how to adapt to these deteriorating circumstances.
Mostly what I have against the big conspiracy sites is they are very prone to using internet sources but no actual books. They censor and ban information that challenges their view (they maintain Israel plotted the Covid crisis). They have moderators who remove anything that diverts from their interpretation. How can we rightfully challenge YouTube censorship if conspiracy sites likewise censor views that challenge their own? Just as bad, they lament, moan and state how we're all doomed. I got the feeling the people concerned were actually helping repressive governments (with their pessimism). I soon pretty much had enough of the conspiracy sites. I did try suggesting how to possibly organise support and even legal information for normal people who may be faced with job losses. That is, an organised network can begin to have impact. Sadly, on conspiracy sites the bulk of activity centred upon endless posted messages.
davidbanner99@

Likes Received: 37

Postby davidbanner99@ » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:51 pm

quietvoice wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote: To censor that would mean blocking e-mail services - not practical.

Pray tell, where, oh where, is there practicality AT ALL in this world takeover?

How has government ever been practical to begin with?

Perhaps, on the email front, you don't know that people HAVE had their emails censored. (I don't have proof for you.) It's not impossible, and as far as "they" are concerned, anything "they" do passes the Practicality Test.

Email is harder to censor, I think. I used to be on a mail list group around 2001. To set one up, all incoming mail is nicely edited and then sent out to all members. Many e-mail services are foreign as well, Ukrainian for example. Whereas on Youtube or Facebook moderators can simply pull content.
davidbanner99@

Postby davidbanner99@ » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:16 pm

Just found a New York journalist article dated 2017. It expressed astonishment that people could panic, and lose scientific reason in the face of a global pandemic. Said article actually asks the question how will we react if a modern-day plague ever breaks out? The prediction it makes is we would have learned from history not to give into hysteria and witch-hunts. That is, in 2017, the journalist was convinced of a calm, orderly response in future generations. He also stresses natural immunity is the key to health. And there you have it! The writer couldn't have been more wrong. I may distribute a copy of said article since it graphically shows how attitudes have shifted in the space of 5 years.
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: The writer couldn't have been more wrong.

How so?

We are taking a handful of Western democracies and acting as if the entire world is reacting the same way.

Vietnam isn’t hysterical. Colombia isn’t hysterical. India isn’t hysterical. China isn’t hysterical. Where I’m currently living in the USA isn’t hysterical.

The vast majority of the world is done with the pandemic. It’s over. People are moving on with life, enjoying their freedoms. No mandates, no QR codes, no passports, etc.

This doesn’t negate all the tyrannical b#$@&@ that is taking place. We have OSHA about to mandate vaccines for workers, and it will end up in court. It will be a fierce battle. If people were hysterical, there would be no court battles, it wouldn’t be on the news, it would just be accepted. But that’s not happening.

In other wise, there is not some mass hysteria taking place.

In fact, we just had some elections a few days ago and the people clearly voted against those that want to force mandates.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1273

Postby Candid » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:57 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:I'm not particularly a conspiracy theorist.

Me neither. Never have been.

Mostly what I have against the big conspiracy sites is they are very prone to using internet sources but no actual books.

I bought and read The Truth About Covid-19 by Dr Joseph Mercola and Ronnie Cummins, with a foreword by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. I trust mercola.com, but you have to be quick because he's been much persecuted and now deletes his own material after 48 hours.

There are lots of other covid-19 books out there now. Have YOU read any of them? Do you rely chiefly on books, which by their very nature take time to reach their readership, while ignoring photos and videos showing people's actual current experiences?
Here's just one of thousands: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/watch ... eams-away/ What do you suppose pilot Cody Flint has to gain by telling the world he can no longer work?

They censor and ban information that challenges their view

You mean like all the Big Tech and most popular social media sites do?

(they maintain Israel plotted the Covid crisis).

Perhaps you could provide a link to this. All the evidence I see points to China.

How can we rightfully challenge YouTube censorship if conspiracy sites likewise censor views that challenge their own?

Again, a link would be good. I don't suppose I can google-search "conspiracy sites".

Just as bad, they lament, moan and state how we're all doomed.

I've been accused of that myself, but only on this forum. I don't say we're all doomed, only that it isn't looking good. IF vaxxpasses become universal I'll stop fighting for my principles on the coronahoax front. There are other things I care about.

Warning people against dangerous injections and taking legal steps in an effort to prevent global communism takes up more than half of my waking hours. As the saying goes, life's too short—and my life expectancy as well as my enjoyment of life has been compromised by coronahoax "measures".

I did try suggesting how to possibly organise support and even legal information for normal people who may be faced with job losses. That is, an organised network can begin to have impact.

There are plenty of those, and the movement grows hourly, in all parts of the world. This is my chief reason for cautious optimism.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but given your posts here it's likely you were perceived as not quite in tune with other members of these "conspiracy sites", and certainly not up to speed with what's going on in the world.

Sadly, on conspiracy sites the bulk of activity centred upon endless posted messages.

I found Telegram groups like that and got off it within minutes of signing up. Frankly I'm surprised you gave it the time of day.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 498

Postby Candid » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:03 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:Just found a New York journalist article dated 2017. It expressed astonishment that people could panic, and lose scientific reason in the face of a global pandemic. Said article actually asks the question how will we react if a modern-day plague ever breaks out? The prediction it makes is we would have learned from history not to give into hysteria and witch-hunts. That is, in 2017, the journalist was convinced of a calm, orderly response in future generations. He also stresses natural immunity is the key to health. And there you have it! The writer couldn't have been more wrong. I may distribute a copy of said article since it graphically shows how attitudes have shifted in the space of 5 years.

Perfect example of the par beginning "Please don't take this the wrong way".
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:The vast majority of the world is done with the pandemic. It’s over. People are moving on with life, enjoying their freedoms. No mandates, no QR codes, no passports, etc.

More optimism. :D

I'm not seeing English people "hysterical" either, but lots of societal division.

By government decree we've been "back to normal" since July 19. It sure doesn't feel like it. A masked pedestrian took such a wide detour around me yesterday that she was in the road with her back to oncoming traffic.

If people were hysterical, there would be no court battles, it wouldn’t be on the news, it would just be accepted.

Are you talking about TV, radio, and print media news? We certainly aren't seeing mainstream accounts of anti-coronahoax court battles in the UK.

we just had some elections a few days ago and the people clearly voted against those that want to force mandates.

I hope those who got in will be able stick to their promises without being got at. What happens in Five Eyes countries tends to have a ripple effect... So which way will the UK go, the US or Australia? Can England count on her old Allies this time, too?

As quietvoice says, time will tell.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:48 am

Good to know who's running this country. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlb7JAp99K4

Without a control group, where are the stats to justify his opening line?
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby quietvoice » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:28 pm

db99 wrote:What matters far more is how to adapt to these deteriorating circumstances.

'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.'
~~ J. Krishnamurti
quietvoice

Likes Received: 324

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:16 pm

I certaily wasn't in tune with the particular conspiracy site. To do that, the done thing would be to blame Israel, bash communism and write about Hitler being "misunderstood". Actually what happened was there was a mass consensus that Israel never existed. Having done a fair bit of ancient history in the early 2000s, I entered the discussion. The period of Israel as a client state of the Roman Empire and the war under Hadrian (Jewish Revolt) is significant. I soon found any constructive debate out of the question. Moderators removed anynposts that contradicted the ideological line. That was a reality check. The question it raises is perhaps that being opposed to forced, government vaccines is a position many of us choose. However, by so doing, it's then assumed you again have to "follow the pack" somehow. This seemed to be along the lines that Covid politics = communism, for example. And again, how many of those people know the differences between Marxism, Leninism, Stalinism (or even Maoism)?
davidbanner99@

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:40 pm

Of course, years reading books on UFOs taught me something about conspiracy theory. Despite many UFO cases being genuine, a lot of cult leaders took the limelight. Cults such as Heavens Gate even made the headlines once.
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:49 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: Having done a fair bit of ancient history in the early 2000s, I entered the discussion.

And if it was the dystopian setting of 1984, that would be impossible.

That is the real question. Real censorship doesn’t involve moderators on a private site deleting posts. Real censorship means history has in fact, been completely erased.

It is a bit of a paradox. If we claim that we know the history, that is evidence that censorship has failed. If we know the history, that is evidence the books were not burned.

I’m not arguing that censorship isn’t happening or that it is not a huge issue. Absolutely censorship is taking place. Still, the censorship has not been very effective. The evidence of that is clear. Candid has posted links, quietvoice voice, and you have posted multiple links. I’ve also found plenty of information pro and con on the topic of COVID/vaccines.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
davidbanner99@ wrote: Having done a fair bit of ancient history in the early 2000s, I entered the discussion.

And if it was the dystopian setting of 1984, that would be impossible.

That is the real question. Real censorship doesn’t involve moderators on a private site deleting posts. Real censorship means history has in fact, been completely erased.

It is a bit of a paradox. If we claim that we know the history, that is evidence that censorship has failed. If we know the history, that is evidence the books were not burned.

I’m not arguing that censorship isn’t happening or that it is not a huge issue. Absolutely censorship is taking place. Still, the censorship has not been very effective. The evidence of that is clear. Candid has posted links, quietvoice voice, and you have posted multiple links. I’ve also found plenty of information pro and con on the topic of COVID/vaccines.

For me, the rule to follow was casually referred to by Asperger in an essay. Asperger stated the key to success in science lies in the consideration and understanding of knowledge already passed down to us. As a first step. Asperger noticed some of the kids were so deeply autistic, they rejected established knowledge and then started to solve whatever problem from zero. I found this to be true. Mostly, Asperger found that rejection of knowledge passed down hindered the autistic children. Yet, in some cases, he found autistic kids that did assimilate and study knowledge handed down. So, Fritz first read Newton's theories of gravity and then found a mistake. He didn't just dismiss Newton totally. This lesson applies to all. Personally, I eventually came to carefully study the views and analysis of other psychologists. At times, I disagreed but, even so, there were areas where their ideas helped me go forwards.
And so, conspiracy theorists. My own experience was they reject knowledge passed down by others. By "reject" I don't mean "disagree after consideration". I mean, flat rejection on the grounds, "this isn't what I want to hear!" Conspiracy theorists try to form a schematic inwardly that makes sense of a crisis. How can this be explained? All too often, not only is a conspiracy hatched, but also scapegoats. So, during the Antonine plague that killed millions in ancient Rome, Christians were blamed. Same with the great fire of Rome under Nero. Added to that "reds" under Hoover in 1930s America. Even worse, witches in the 16th century. The sad thing is, it's impossible to try and reason with such people. That's the main obstacle. By that I mean, if you challenge the actual conspiracy theory - that puts you out in the cold. The idea is you have to tell the theorists what they "want to hear".
The bottom line:
Has it all been "planned"? Well, if so, I get a feeling of mass contradiction and confusion. Remember, conspiracy theorists stated the Iraq War and 9/11 had been planned. If so, how did that plan place the architects in control of the world? Time has demonstrated the billions of dollars spent in the Middle East failed to produce the NWO. Rather than a planned conspiracy, it struck me as one huge political blunder.
Added to that, sure, I don't class all conspiracy theorists as misguided. In some areas they make a point but many others led me to be skeptical.
davidbanner99@

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:59 pm

davidbanner99@ wrote: Remember, conspiracy theorists stated the Iraq War and 9/11 had been planned. If so, how did that plan place the architects in control of the world? Time has demonstrated the billions of dollars spent in the Middle East failed to produce the NWO. Rather than a planned conspiracy, it struck me as one huge political blunder.

Exactly. Every generation is good for about 2 or 3 plots for the demise of humanity and the rise of a NWO. It’s so stereotypical, we even have the super villain genre of novels/movies. It doesn’t matter if you can point to a hundred previous failed plots, the current generation knows better.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext