A Few Words On Censorship

Postby Candid » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:37 pm

tokeless wrote:I'll claim the gullible fool badge.

Yes. That.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 485

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:51 pm

tokeless wrote: Revolution is always an option and it could happen, but that's a long way off.

Up until a few years ago, I thought revolutions took time to develop. I thought it took decades of unrest, slowly percolating.

As I got older and read more history, it became apparent I was wrong. Some revolutions occur gradually. Others happen very rapidly.

Look at how quickly the pandemic has given rise to massive power grabs. Only a year. Massive protests are already taking place.

My question, when you say revolution is a long way off, you mean 6 months, 2 years, 10 years?

I see people already primed, one incident away from revolution. One miscalculation, one video of protestors being shot dead, one political assassination, and the powder keg of already existing tension explodes.

The politicians are playing with fire.

Many revolutions have started because a single, unforeseen event sparked an already pissed off citizenry.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1228

Postby tokeless » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
tokeless wrote: Revolution is always an option and it could happen, but that's a long way off.

Up until a few years ago, I thought revolutions took time to develop. I thought it took decades of unrest, slowly percolating.

As I got older and read more history, it became apparent I was wrong. Some revolutions occur gradually. Others happen very rapidly.

Look at how quickly the pandemic has given rise to massive power grabs. Only a year. Massive protests are already taking place.

My question, when you say revolution is a long way off, you mean 6 months, 2 years, 10 years?

I see people already primed, one incident away from revolution. One miscalculation, one video of protestors being shot dead, one political assassination, and the powder keg of already existing tension explodes.

The politicians are playing with fire.

Many revolutions have started because a single, unforeseen event sparked an already pissed off citizenry.

I tend to see Revolution as a national coordinated reaction with an aim, eg to overthrow or take control or something back.
There's a difference from that to civil unrest where it could just be reaction to an event eg police brutality or in the UK the poll tax riots. I also think people have become more passive and accepting and it takes a bigger event to reignite their anger.
I think in the UK there will be civil unrest within the next year or two... Brexit hasn't really kicked in yet, so when it does, I hope people get really angry and demand change. I don't think the vaccine issue is going to be related to that though.
tokeless

Likes Received: 367

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:28 pm

tokeless wrote:I tend to see Revolution as a national coordinated reaction with an aim, eg to overthrow or take control or something back.

From what I’ve read, it almost never starts as a national coordinated reaction. Revolutions start regionally and grow over time. This is different than a coup or civil war.

The American Revolution didn’t overthrow anything, it was regional, the colonies gaining independence. Fidel Castro started in a small province with 160 men. The French Revolution started with a small group seizing the Bastille. There are many other examples.

It is most often not nationally coordinated. Instead it is about timing. It is knowing when the people are fed up, when they will rise up, when they are tired of the government. Then a “powder keg” goes off. A small group takes flagrant action and it’s like the match hitting a bed of hay.

This has been repeated in history time and time and time again.

Note: I’m only pointing out I think the conditions are right for such an event. It’s like saying conditions are right for lightening to strike. I can’t predict if a “Lexington/Concord”, a small battle in a province, or a bastille day will actually occur, same as I can’t predict the weather with certainty.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1228

Postby davidbanner99@ » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:45 pm

The 1917 Communist revolution in Tsarist Russia offers many lessons. Firstly, it was caused by repression, lack of democracy and a very bloody world war. Such conditions tend to produce extreme reaction. So, we can now see more people losing their jobs and you can see shortages in food and fuel. What I witnessed was radicalisation on forums where some anti-vaxers were idealising Hitler and adopting pretty ugly conspiracy ideas connected to race. So, of course, I left pretty disgusted, all in all. However, communists likewise in 1917 Russia were not Stalinists. Many were ethical Marxists with liberal views. Later, Stalin pushed the idealists aside and created a repressive dictatorship.
So, all I know is there are millions of very angry people who risk travel barriers and loss of income. Some may become radicalised while others may just be normal liberals who refuse to be dictated to by drug corporations.
I would say, for sure, if politicians continue to push the boundaries, gradually mass protests will lead to organised factions of resistance. Stakes will rise as casualties appear. Civil division will intensify and then give rise to extremist political leaders and movements. Onwards from that actual war. In fact, the whole vaccine issue has really heightened tensions with Russia and Belarus. Russia is considering a ban on YouTube seeing as the latter has censored RT reporting of vaccine protests. Youtube officially allows no criticism of the vaccine program or side effects of such vaccines. Even worse, entire polulations are now being told whatever vaccine they chose must be approved politically. That leaves Cubans and Slovaks vaccinated but not allowed to travel. All this exposes the vaccine argument as foolhardy and dangerous.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 23

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:57 pm

FOR CANDID

YOU TUBE ACTIVELY CENSORING CRITICISM OF VACCINE

"YouTube stated on Wednesday that over 130,000 videos have been removed since last year for violating this policy,"

"A number of prominent vaccine skeptics were immediately booted from YouTube. Among them were alternative medicine advocates Dr. Joseph Mercola and Erin Elizabeth, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a lawyer and longtime critic of vaccines and their alleged side effects in children.

All three were members of the so-called “disinformation dozen,” a list of 12 accounts believed by pro-censorship activists to be the source of nearly three quarters of all online anti-vaccine content. The list, compiled by the Center for Countering Digital Hate and published this summer, was referenced by President Joe Biden in a speech calling on social media companies to crack down harder on this so-called “disinformation.”

My tip. Don't use Youtube.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:03 pm

"Under its year-old ‘Covid-19 medical misinformation policy’, YouTube already censors a broad range of topics specifically relating to the coronavirus. These include videos “encouraging home remedies,” content claiming “that masks do not play a role in preventing the contraction or transmission of Covid-19,” and content “that recommends use of Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine for the prevention of Covid-19.”

However, the platform’s removal of problematic content has generated significant controversy. YouTube stated on Wednesday that over 130,000 videos have been removed since last year for violating this policy, and most recently, the platform deleted two of RT’s German-language channels (RT DE and Der Fehlende Part) for hosting guests with supposedly controversial views on the virus and its handling by governments.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, told journalists on Wednesday that the banning amounted to “a case of censorship, and of obstructing the dissemination of information by the media,” and would be investigated by Russian media regulators, adding “there must be zero tolerance for such violations of the law.”
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:12 pm

I access deleted youtube vids here. Typical example, not necessarily deleted but at least critical.

https://yandex.ru/video/pad/search?film ... type=vital
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Another protest - thousands in Italy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j56vgK1ap_g
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby davidbanner99@ » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 pm

A lot of those protestors seem to me very normal people such as students or grandmothers even. Some hooligans of course but, all in all, many normal Italians.
I can see a World War very on the horizon.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby Candid » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:32 am

Thanks, DB.

How is this okay?

Police in Australia turn up on doorsteps with print-outs of citizens’ Facebook posts https://reclaimthenet.org/police-anti-l ... dia-posts/ and https://video.reclaimthenet.org/article ... Vf1skZ.mp4

Steven Hill, formerly of the Center for Humane Technology, proposes digital operating permits to "protect people" by not allowing them to see particular posts https://reclaimthenet.org/social-media-permits/
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby davidbanner99@ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:37 pm

davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

Postby Candid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:00 am

Thanks again, DB.
But protesters wreaking havoc? Really?

Between millions dying from the jabs https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/report,
the push for global communism https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/pa ... communism/
and suppression of a WuFlu preventive and cure that actually works https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-i ... -the-drug/,
I’d suggest the Channel 7 media hack bemoaning his own injuries get out of the way and stop adding to the propaganda machine.
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby Candid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 am

davidbanner99@ wrote:I can see a World War very on the horizon.

I see it already here, it's just that The People have not been informed and in most cases do not have the right to bear arms.

10 reasons why holocaust comparisons fall short: https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/ ... t-opinion/, from which "75 million people died in World War II. Those who have any inkling of what’s going on today would settle for that number right now and consider it a blessing."
Candid
MVP
MVP

Postby davidbanner99@ » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:47 am

Candid wrote:Thanks again, DB.
But protesters wreaking havoc? Really?

Between millions dying from the jabs https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/report,
the push for global communism https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/pa ... communism/
and suppression of a WuFlu preventive and cure that actually works https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-i ... -the-drug/,
I’d suggest the Channel 7 media hack bemoaning his own injuries get out of the way and stop adding to the propaganda machine.

Protests are gradually getting more organised. In time, it's probable groups similar to the partisans in WW2 France will form. It may happen over years or fairly quickly. Another big game changer would be the first revolution in a European country. It happened in Romania when Chachescu was toppled. It happened in Russia and put Yeltsin into power. That would send seismic shock waves.
I must admit Thatcher did score one point when she stated Europe could never be stable and at peace. At the time I disagreed but now we see Europe in its true colours. The EU Social Charter is a sham. By that I mean the very fact thousands of Italians need to fight it out in street battles over the most basic rights speaks for itself. That is, the right to employment, free movement across borders, freedom of expression.
That opens up another question, of course. Gorbachev and Raegan made European unification happen after decades of the Berlin Wall and division. Now we see Europe just blew it. That may explain the anger in Italy as the whole point of the EU was mobility across borders. A failed experiment I would say.
davidbanner99@
Preferred Member

PreviousNext