24 months - PAWS - FLATLINE

Postby Experiment1996 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:44 pm

I have gone 24 months hardmode from PMO (porn, masturbation, orgasm) without relapse. I don't drink alcohol and I don't use drugs and I haven't consumed any of them in those 24 months. I eat healthy. I go into nature and have daily exercise. I walk 1 hour a day and try to be as social as I can with my family and friends. I'm trying to make this text as simple as possible, because I know what it's like to have brain fog (concentration problems). xD

My PAWS (post acute withdrawal symptoms) were reduced at month 4, 6, and 18. Until the 18th month, all days were bad and I suffered every day. I had constant pressure on my chest. Since the 18th month, it is no longer "survival". However, I still suffer from PAWS.

My current symptoms are: low energy, low motivation, low libido, fatigue, brain fog and social anxiety.

What I often notice is that when I talk to people face to face, I hear the words but I can't process the words, it's like I can't absorb the information and so it's still a problem for me to have conversations. I then pretend to understand what the other person is saying to me and I guess that's where some of the social anxiety comes from. I want to be social but because of this brain fog it is not so easy.

I also notice that I often have no reaction to what I hear or see from the people around me. I just look bored or show no reaction in my face. Sometimes a friend tells me something and expects me to say something, but I don't respond. I don't do it on purpose. It seems that my brain is still not working properly as it should.

What I have also noticed since the 18th month and I find it a bit strange: After a wet dream, I have a bit more motivation to do everyday things and I am somehow more relaxed. I have no idea why that is. Maybe it's a minimal part of the sexual energy? Anyway, on the second day I'm back to "normal" flatline level.

I have problems with frequent urination. I feel pressure to urinate even if I don't drink much.

I still find it strange to see myself in the mirror or in a photo.

I have had my testosterone and blood levels checked and everything is fine.

I will never relapse and that is not an option for me at all.

I hope no one comments with "it's stagnant energy" or "Do you meditate?" or "you have underlying issues".

I hope that the next PAWS reduction will come until the 30th month or that I will be out of PAWS for good and have the "superpowers" constantly.

This is the longest PAWS story I know. As I said, I was only addicted to PMO (porn, masturbation, orgasm). "thegreatdane" is keeping me motivated at the moment.

viewtopic.php?t=108377

viewtopic.php?t=108790

It "clicked" for him as it did for many others like "2yearquit".

viewtopic.php?t=106335

The people who don't want to believe that you get PAWS from PMO and that it can take so long should not write here. Mostly they are the ones who can't even make it 30 days. This post is for those who really want to get off it and for those who have PAWS themselves.

From my "Pink Cloud" experience from another streak in 2019, I believe that the "Superpowers" are your state before your addiction. Your state when you were a child and maybe even more intense since you overcame PAWS. You can only understand that if you have experienced it.

If I am ever out of PAWS, my posts serve as motivation for others and that it is indeed possible to have the "Superpowers" constantly.

Stay strong.
Experiment1996
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 am
Likes Received: 4


#1

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:16 am

Kudos for getting away from porn.

To my knowledge there is no connection between abstinence and frequent urination. That might be an unrelated issue.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1263

#2

Postby ThanksToGod » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:20 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Kudos for getting away from porn.

To my knowledge there is no connection between abstinence and frequent urination. That might be an unrelated issue.


There's a connection between an addict's abstinence and frequent urination in his PAWS period.

You've got to read the PAWS reports of PMO addicts so that you become knowledgeable.

I've read at least 20 reports of 20 recovering PMO addicts, they all include weakness in their bladder in their Withdrawal symptoms. And when they see the light at the end of the tunnel, they no longer feel the urge to urinate as frequent as before.

You can find the reports on YourBrainOnPorn, NofapForum, ReboutNation Forum, and PMO communities on Reddit.
ThanksToGod
 

#3

Postby ThanksToGod » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:41 am

When you recover, you will find it difficult to even think about writing a success story.

You'll be busy enjoying the bliss of after-PAWS life. Just don't be so busy that you no longer think about The Creator, why you're here in this mortal life, and that you're going to die only The Creator Know where and when. So be careful to be seduced by Satan.

Why am I telling you this? Because I know you've become very aware of many things since you've quit PMO and when you'll see the light you'll become ungrateful to God if you enable Satan to seduce you.
ThanksToGod
 

#4

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm

ThanksToGod wrote:You can find the reports on YourBrainOnPorn, NofapForum, ReboutNation Forum, and PMO communities on Reddit.


Outside of individual stories on PMO forums, do you know of any research studies that have shown a connection?

I’m curious, because abstinence has been practiced for thousands of years. Is there a reason the urination issue is only mentioned in PMO forums and not by those practicing abstinence outside of those forums?

Many religions practice extended periods, abstaining from masturbation and orgasm. Are there records of frequent urination among these groups as well? And is it only men? Do for example nuns practicing prolonged abstinence experience frequent urination?

Given it is so common in PMO forums, there should be a correlate to examples outside of those forums, yes?

Anyway, maybe this is just one of those areas where I’m simply ignorant. I don’t actually have a burning desire to know. It’s more just mild curiosity.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1263

#5

Postby Winzu » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:35 pm

Thanks for your post. Congratulations man, 2 years is an achievement. How often did you PMO?

And, did you really only have bad days, haven’t you felt any motivation/happiness through the process?
Winzu
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:31 pm
Likes Received: 9

#6

Postby biohack9 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:04 pm

ThanksToGod wrote:
Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:Kudos for getting away from porn.

To my knowledge there is no connection between abstinence and frequent urination. That might be an unrelated issue.


There's a connection between an addict's abstinence and frequent urination in his PAWS period.

You've got to read the PAWS reports of PMO addicts so that you become knowledgeable.

I've read at least 20 reports of 20 recovering PMO addicts, they all include weakness in their bladder in their Withdrawal symptoms. And when they see the light at the end of the tunnel, they no longer feel the urge to urinate as frequent as before.

You can find the reports on YourBrainOnPorn, NofapForum, ReboutNation Forum, and PMO communities on Reddit.


No sense feeding the troll, you're wasting your time and just encouraging more of his garbage.
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 35

#7

Postby Experiment1996 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 am

Winzu wrote:Thanks for your post. Congratulations man, 2 years is an achievement. How often did you PMO?

And, did you really only have bad days, haven’t you felt any motivation/happiness through the process?


You can check my story on my reddit profile. I can't insert the link because I am "new" to this homepage.

18 months long it was surivival and I had only very bad days. It was real suffering. Heavy anxiety and depression (chest pain). After 18 months I woke up and my PAWS reduced. My brain changed out of nowhere.

I am now in month 25 and nothing has changed since my last PAWS reduction. I still have the symptoms I listed.
Experiment1996
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 am
Likes Received: 4

#8

Postby DerJogge » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
ThanksToGod wrote:You can find the reports on YourBrainOnPorn, NofapForum, ReboutNation Forum, and PMO communities on Reddit.


Outside of individual stories on PMO forums, do you know of any research studies that have shown a connection?

I’m curious, because abstinence has been practiced for thousands of years. Is there a reason the urination issue is only mentioned in PMO forums and not by those practicing abstinence outside of those forums?

Many religions practice extended periods, abstaining from masturbation and orgasm. Are there records of frequent urination among these groups as well? And is it only men? Do for example nuns practicing prolonged abstinence experience frequent urination?

Given it is so common in PMO forums, there should be a correlate to examples outside of those forums, yes?

Anyway, maybe this is just one of those areas where I’m simply ignorant. I don’t actually have a burning desire to know. It’s more just mild curiosity.

Richard, you are god damn disgrace to this community. You are in fact ignorant . We discussed PAWS-scepticism and the negative implications you spread with every single post already.

It’s like a common thing for many people to have the urge to empty their bladder when they are nervous as their fight-or-flight-reaction is triggered with disturbs the relaxation of the body as muscles etc are contracted which causes an urge to pee. In PAWS your brain is trying to recalibrate our amygdala along many other things, which is responsible for the stress reaction. In PAWS your fight or flight reaction is basically out of control and starts to function properly at a certain point.

Just google „fight or flight frequent urination“ and there are tons of explanations. I’m sure there are plenty of studies on that topic. Now f*** off, read my comment from the other topic again and stop harassing the community with nothing else then negative implications and your lack of knowledge.
DerJogge
New Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Likes Received: 10

#9

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:55 pm

DerJogge wrote:Richard, you are god damn disgrace to this community. You are in fact ignorant .


Thanks for your opinion DerJogge. I don’t claim not to be ignorant.

In PAWS your brain is trying to recalibrate our amygdala along many other things, which is responsible for the stress reaction. In PAWS your fight or flight reaction is basically out of control and starts to function properly at a certain point.


Is this your best guess? Can you point me to the research of PAWS and urination, or PAWS and the amygdala? You say that there must be plenty of studies.

How do you know if the individual is urinating frequently because of PAWS or if the underlying cause might be something different, e.g. a UTI, an enlarged prostate, etc?

I typically use Google Scholar to find credible research. I have not found anything on PAWS and urination.

Again, that doesn’t mean that I am skeptical or doubting the people are experiencing the symptoms they are reporting. I’m only asking how we can separate out what is PAWS and what might be other causes.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1263

#10

Postby Experiment1996 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:25 pm

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
DerJogge wrote:Richard, you are god damn disgrace to this community. You are in fact ignorant .


Thanks for your opinion DerJogge. I don’t claim not to be ignorant.

In PAWS your brain is trying to recalibrate our amygdala along many other things, which is responsible for the stress reaction. In PAWS your fight or flight reaction is basically out of control and starts to function properly at a certain point.


Is this your best guess? Can you point me to the research of PAWS and urination, or PAWS and the amygdala? You say that there must be plenty of studies.

How do you know if the individual is urinating frequently because of PAWS or if the underlying cause might be something different, e.g. a UTI, an enlarged prostate, etc?

I typically use Google Scholar to find credible research. I have not found anything on PAWS and urination.

Again, that doesn’t mean that I am skeptical or doubting the people are experiencing the symptoms they are reporting. I’m only asking how we can separate out what is PAWS and what might be other causes.


I was addicted to PMO for 10 years and I never had any problems with urination or bladder pressure during those 10 years. When I went through withdrawal, I started having these problems. I have had bladder problems for 24 months now.

If you still don't believe it now, then you are just an ignorant person.
Experiment1996
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 am
Likes Received: 4

#11

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:19 am

Experiment1996 wrote:I was addicted to PMO for 10 years and I never had any problems with urination or bladder pressure during those 10 years. When I went through withdrawal, I started having these problems. I have had bladder problems for 24 months now.

If you still don't believe it now, then you are just an ignorant person.


That’s like saying you stopped caffeine after 10 years and now you have recurring headaches. It might be the lack of caffeine, but it doesn’t make anyone ignorant to question whether something else might be causing the headaches.

There is a difference between correlation and causation.

Have you ruled out a UTI or an enlarged prostate? What did the doctor say when you told him/her that you had this issue? And did you offer up the diagnosis that it was a symptom of withdrawal from addiction?
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1263

#12

Postby Experiment1996 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:49 am

Richard@DecisionSkills wrote:
Experiment1996 wrote:I was addicted to PMO for 10 years and I never had any problems with urination or bladder pressure during those 10 years. When I went through withdrawal, I started having these problems. I have had bladder problems for 24 months now.

If you still don't believe it now, then you are just an ignorant person.


That’s like saying you stopped caffeine after 10 years and now you have recurring headaches. It might be the lack of caffeine, but it doesn’t make anyone ignorant to question whether something else might be causing the headaches.

There is a difference between correlation and causation.

Have you ruled out a UTI or an enlarged prostate? What did the doctor say when you told him/her that you had this issue? And did you offer up the diagnosis that it was a symptom of withdrawal from addiction?


Haha you are really funny. I won't text you anymore.
Experiment1996
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 am
Likes Received: 4

#13

Postby Richard@DecisionSkills » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:03 am

Experiment1996 wrote: I won't text you anymore.


Thanks for letting me know. I was concerned.
Richard@DecisionSkills
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 12047
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am
Likes Received: 1263

#14

Postby biohack9 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:11 am

@derjogge @experiment1996

Just ignore the forum troll/village idiot(s). He's so out to lunch that he's comparing someone in active addiction paws and religious folks practicing abstinence.

I'm just over 4 months in and have this urination issue at night, wakes me up every few hours. It's common in paws but you guys know that already.

This forum absolutely sucks because of a couple of trolls. For weed paws R/weedpaws is far superior and active and is actually moderated. Richard and Clueless would be instantly banned, which likely already has happened.

Again, just IGNORE and discuss as if they didn't exist.
biohack9
Full Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm
Likes Received: 35


Next

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to Addictions