Introduce yourself...

Postby Xenocrates » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello, I am a weirdo from the Caribbean and I had a question to ask so I joined up. I studied hypnosis and for a short while was a member of the Guild of Hypnotists in the US. I'm not sure how active I will be but I hope you treat me kindly while I am.
Xenocrates

Likes Received: 0

Postby MarkB » Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm Mark, a qualified (but not currently practicing) hypnotherapist. I'm still very interested in the subject and have joined this forum to keep abreast of developments and current thinkimg :D
MarkB

Postby wowtrance » Tue May 19, 2015 1:00 am

Hi everyone,
I am Saran and I am relatively new (again) to hypnosis. I used hypnosis while ago and implemented what i learnt for a about an year but then lost touch. I intend to learn more and discover new aspects. Hoping to get the best direction in this forum.
Thank you
wowtrance

Likes Received: 1

Postby Sean123 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:23 am

Hi,
I'm Sean, I live in Madrid, Spain.

I recently quit smoking through a mental procedure that I 'thought up' myself and was so impressed I decided to investigate farther. It lead me to believe that I probably used some form of self hypnosis to cause myself to just stop wanting cigarettes and to readjust my attitude towards smoking. I began to study hypnosis with books and online resources.

My objectives are to help other people overcome their problems with the support of hypnosis. I'm living in Madrid, Spain so anybody who knows of an English speaking group of Hypnotists practicing or meeting in Madrid, please let me know. I need to practice.

Thanks,
Sean
Sean123

Postby realmehypno » Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 am

Hi,

My name is Lynda and I'm still currently a student. I have completed the practical side of my course and now need to finish the theory.

As of tomorrow I have completed a Bachelor degree in Behavioural studies which majors in Psychology which I have done to compliment my hypnotherapy. I am undecided if I shall go on to complete the next stage of study to become a registered Psychologist at this stage.

I live in Adelaide, Australia and would love to form a network of people to bounce ideas off of in regards to forming my business plus to also discuss some case notes.

Cheers
Lynda :D
realmehypno

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:05 am

Good to see so many new members from all around the world. Welcome.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Likes Received: 6

Postby GeraldoAngel » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:07 am

Hi !
Im Geraldo Angel

Im not an expert in the topic but im passionate about the subject !

I want to know where can I learn hypnosis?
GeraldoAngel

Postby LiverpoolHypnotist » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Geraldo - Why not try the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council - you can search their web site for courses in your area.

Hello All I have stumbled upon this site - hoping to learn something here. I have been a hypnotherapist for over a year and I was almost as busy this time last year even without advertising, facebook etc. How is everyone else finding things?
This is the best job I have ever had - I simply love it.
LiverpoolHypnotist

Postby Hypnoshealing » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 am

Hi All,

My name is Julie and I am a hypnotherapist in Victoria BC. Love every aspect of it. I have joined this forum to learn and share.
Hypnoshealing

Postby circumbendibus » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm Circumbendibus,

I'm interested to know more about how the brain works.

I recently received some hypnotherapy for a phobia I had and now I want to no more.

I'm located in the UK.

I have dyslexia.
circumbendibus

Postby HypnoMorpheusDreamer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:17 am

Hi! Glad to join!

Explaining myself in the context of this forum.... hrrm...

I have been "into" Ericksonian hypnosis for about thirty years now. It was a natural progression from my interests in 'states of being' and the arts and sciences.

I have been exploring those concepts and continuing the study, theory, and experimentation over the years.

My day job is as a "hacker". I am accomplished in the field of computer security. I have worked for infrastructure, major and minor corporations, and the US Government. I am published in the field, and spoken at major security conferences, globally.

In that capacity, I have primarily applied hypnosis studies to make my own self more capable, but also used it in various communication strategies: be it from working hostile sources to helping manage global public relations campaigns.

In my 'on hours', I might be reverse engineering computer code, or scanning it for vulnerabilities... while in my 'off hours', I would be exploring Ericksonian concepts. A lot of that experience was utilized in arcane areas, such as in dream, behavioral, and artistic analysis.

I have been told I am the best at 'reading code', in that day job... and basically, reading and writing code is what it is all about for me. Where that "code" is the mysterious code of the human psyche. I have viewed my day job as metaphoric for my larger interests.

Not very interested in starting a career in therapy, per se, but I have some observations and wish to gain some observations by coming and posting here. I expect this will help me solidify some of my 'theoretical' concepts. I am serious in empirical results but do not disdain well worked out theory.

Currently, I am working on a larger project involving hypnosis, and am attempting to solidify some of the background 'theory' on that project. That may end up in some manner of literary artistic project, or non-fiction project, or something else. I find that by engaging others while being close to my unconscious, helps me sort out 'what is useful' and 'what is not', considerably. Hence, joy in finding an active site on the subject. :-)
HypnoMorpheusDreamer

Likes Received: 7

Postby Navid » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 am

Hello my friends . I am Navid from Iran and i studied about 7 years in the Mind , Hypnosis , NLP.
I Really interested in Hypnosis and NLP because I want to Become a very better version of my self .
I want to Help my friends , My people , my family and ...
And I found That hypnosis is a nice tools for Help my self and others .
I hope to have a better tomorrow and become a person that can change day by day.
Thank you
Navid

Likes Received: 2

Postby loica » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:17 am

hi,
My name is Loica, I live near NYC.

If I tell you how long ago I discovered self -hypnosis, you are going to think that I am really really old (ok ok, maybe I am the one who will feel really old).
In the last 10 years or so, I dabbled and considered whether I wanted to make this my living and helping others, as opposed to just helping myself. I have been trained and certified already for several years.

I kind of feel like I am standing outside on the edge of a cool swimming pool, on a very hot day, scared of the transition between the hot temperature and the cold water, yet just like that person, I know that once inside , and once the shock has passed, Ill be very happy with my decision, but at the moment, I am just standing there, wavering, i am going, I am going,.. no no, Im going, im going, no no

I used to be a member of this board, but I think it has been so long since I last posted that my email was purged, so now I start with a clean slate :)
loica

Postby Navid » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:59 am

welcome loica :wink:
Navid

Likes Received: 2

Postby Kipling » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi all,
After typing my Q into google one of the links was to here,so ere i is :|
All i am waiting to do is achieve 31 posts so as i am able to pm a member.
So in the meantime, i am lost what to reply 2 but i'll try :roll:
Kipling

Likes Received: 4

PreviousNext