Love is painful. Being an 'incel' is torture.

Postby ramonrath » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Can I use self hypnosis to control my levels of anxiety and depression caused by being an 'incel' (involuntary celibate)?

It is important to understand that the useful information provided by 'incel webpages' and 'dating books' IS NOT A MIRACLE CURE. It takes time and patience to fully handle this part of my life. However, anxiety and depression are always there not only making my life miserable, but also slowing the process of overcoming 'incel'. If I could only control the depression related symptoms (mild irritation in my stomach and negative thoughts of feeling less than others because I'm alone), life would be MUCH BETTER.

Thank you very much for your comments.
ramonrath

Likes Received: 0

Postby satanstoystore » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:01 pm

Sure. But why not get rid of it completely?
satanstoystore
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby Annie7788 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:42 am

hmm i have to disagree. Love is torture. Ok analyse that... :)
Annie7788
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby PsyChris » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 am

You have to be secure with yourself before you can even think about dating. Even if you met the nicest person in the world, you could not provide a stable relationship with your ongoing depression and anxiety. I understand you feel like your depression and anxiety are the result of not dating but that means you are putting yourself in a Catch-22.
PsyChris
MVP
MVP

Postby Nihilistic One » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:26 am

You want to control the inevitable depression that stems from the want of a basic human need?

Why?

Sex - yes, just plain sex - is a need that both sexes have.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I am going to guess that you want to, as somebody put it, "get rid" of it completely.

The only way to do this from your position is to work on a full range of social skills. Of course there is no magical treatment that will save you here, but if you are one that struggles with this crucial part of social life, then everything must be worked on.

This means knowing the theory and putting it into practice. There have been a few people here who have alluded to a similar problem, and to them I replied to work on social skills.

A big part of the problem seems to be fear of rejection, but that is the only way that you learn. As for this being a depression forum, you will have to satisfy this need to rid yourself of the depression associated.

I can not be any more specific in a limited arena, and I am sure that the psychology forum would be more useful.
Nihilistic One