peeing with no privacy

Postby jsmosh » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:36 am

I can't pee with no privacy.

I try but I just can't. I.E. some men's bathrooms just do not have any privacy.
jsmosh

Likes Received: 0

Postby jurplesman » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:53 am

jsmosh wrote:I can't pee with no privacy.

Most men's bathrooms have private cubicles.
jurplesman

Likes Received: 2

Postby jsmosh » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 am

jurplesman wrote:

Most men's bathrooms have private cubicles.

Yeah but some don't.
jsmosh

Postby theforsaken » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am

then dont pee in public toilets that don't have private cubicles..
theforsaken

Likes Received: 1

Postby joe716 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Its called paruresis.
joe716

Postby PandaStyle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:03 am

pretty common really. I've had it occasionally and I know many friends who have had it too.
PandaStyle

Postby SeaDonkey » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 am

I have the same problem. I pull it out and stand there trying to piss but it wont come out. I've found the solution though. I just shut off awareness of my surroundings and pretend I'm the only one there. Give it a shot. You'll be glad you learned how to piss in public if you ever end up in a jail cell with 5 other people. With me its not about people seeing me piss, its about them hearing me. One night I got thrown in the drunk tank and had a whole cell to myself but I was arguing with the guy in the next cell cuz I was trying to go to sleep and he wouldn't shut up banging the bars and shouting then I went to take a piss and it was a metal toilet with no water so it made loads of noise and I just couldn't go with that guy being able to hear it. I'm pretty sure the shutting out my surroundings trick woulda worked though.
SeaDonkey

Postby jsmosh » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Funny you mentioned that.

I was just in jail with like 25 people in a small holding cell with hard cement floors and wooden benches and an old tv surrounded by plastic glass with 1950s shows running. The phone was right next to the toilet and there were people standing next to the toilet too.

I went to the toilet twice to try and piss with no luck. Luckily I got after a few hours but I was starting to go a little nuts.

SeaDonkey wrote:

I have the same problem. I pull it out and stand there trying to piss but it wont come out. I've found the solution though. I just shut off awareness of my surroundings and pretend I'm the only one there. Give it a shot. You'll be glad you learned how to piss in public if you ever end up in a jail cell with 5 other people. With me its not about people seeing me piss, its about them hearing me. One night I got thrown in the drunk tank and had a whole cell to myself but I was arguing with the guy in the next cell cuz I was trying to go to sleep and he wouldn't shut up banging the bars and shouting then I went to take a piss and it was a metal toilet with no water so it made loads of noise and I just couldn't go with that guy being able to hear it. I'm pretty sure the shutting out my surroundings trick woulda worked though.
jsmosh

Postby Annie7788 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:00 am

You don't have to be outside or a man to find this difficult, I sometimes get "stage fright" if I can hear other people in the next cubicle.

I find that if I put my fingers in my ears then everything "flows" as usual :)

I think this is part of our survival fight or flight mechcanism. You hear a supposed predator and all your body functions gear towards fleeing as a priority. That's my theory.

An option may be to use earplugs. As a man I guess putting your fingers in your ears can get a bit messy...
Annie7788
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby PandaStyle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Annie7788 wrote:An option may be to use earplugs. As a man I guess putting your fingers in your ears can get a bit messy...

good way to piss all over your pants! :lol:
PandaStyle

Return to Psychology