First induction of an (amateur) italian hypnotist

Postby Tomoe » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi guys.

I am an italian amateur hypnotist and today I did my first induction.

I have trained myself as an hypnotist thanks to youtube videos, internet, the very useful posts in this forum and a lot of conversations with several people interested in hypnosis.

My first attempt has given me very intresting results:

After the pre-induction talk and the magnetic hand test, I managed to put my subject in trance thanks to a spiral induction followed by a progressive relaxation one. After that I used the staircase deepener and then I tried some posthypnotic suggestions:

-The anchoring ("Whenever I touch your forehead and say sleep you fall back into trance"): this suggestion was a success, no problem at all.

-Sleepy countdown ("Each time you count you will feel sleepier and sleepier untill you feel too sleppy and fall back into trance again"): Another success.

-Stuck hand ("Your hand is glued to the bed"): This was a failure, her hand was glued to the bed only for about five seconds, then she freed it.

-Number amnesia ("You will forget the X number"): A complete failoure.

The subect, after the induction, said to me that her body was completelly relaxed but her mind was not.

What is your opinion?
I know that each subject has differents responses to some inductions and suggestions and that trance is something that you learn step by step but maybe I need some advices about how to deepen a trance.
Also, I would really appreciate some suggestions about more usefull pre-induction test.

Also, at the end of the induction, her cellphone ringed and she manged to wake up independently. It's normal or she was in a too light trance?

Thanks for your attention and my apologies for my english. Unfortunately, my english is not as good as I would like.
Tomoe

Likes Received: 0

Postby Joe100 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Tomoe wrote:-Stuck hand ("Your hand is glued to the bed"): This was a failure, her hand was glued to the bed only for about five seconds, then she freed it.

Actually it was a success.

Anything out of the ordinary is a success.

People don't often have their hands stuck for 5 seconds.

Well done.

You are now a real official hypnotist!

Keep up the good work. Practice is utterly vital if you ever want to be any good.

Joe
Joe100
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 6

Postby Ben1987 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Grat job!
You did your first step - that's where your journey begins.

Keep on travelling...

-Ben
Ben1987

Postby magicmentalist » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:08 pm

great job on your first induction

the first step was getting the courage as a result success

and also hand stuck even if its for 1 or 2 seconds thats a success

by watching youtube videos as there are many some good some bad the main thing is to get your own personality and style with hypnosis (im not saying that by getting personality as a put down so i apologise if it come across that way)

get some resources i know the main ones are out there are anthony jacquins manchurian approach, the trilby connection and the book reality is plastic

but also know the health and safety aspect as well as abreactions

but all in all congratulations on the first induction
magicmentalist

Postby Stevo74 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Wow, for a first induction Tomoe that sounded awesome!

...and totally agree the 'hand stick' was a complete success, even if for only a few seconds. Next time make it stick for 10 seconds!

...and remember there is no such thing as a failure... it's just a success in finding a different outcome to the one you were aiming for! :D

Looking forward to reading all about your your next awesome induction.

Lee
Stevo74
Preferred Member