what are the most effective deepeners

Postby jip » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

Hello, I have another question...

When I try to hypnotize people, I always use the most populer inductions I saw on youtube. For example, the ones Nathan Tomas uses, i.e., magnetic index fingers(you know what I mean, right?), and hand shake and several others.

But the furthest I can do is the beginning positive hallucination. Then I dont know how to go deeper to get negtive hallucination and so on. The subjects start geting tired. Should I just hypnotize the people for more times so they can go deeper gradually later, or there are effactive and easy deepeners that I can use to make people go very deep at the first time?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
jip
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am
Likes Received: 0


#1

Postby ian groves » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 am

id recommend u getting anthonys book and also dvds as there is so much info on them u can and i do watch them over and over again ,
book ,reality is plastic
dvs,manchurian approach and the tribly connection
also johnothan chase;s book deeper and deeper is a great read
ian groves
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 pm
Likes Received: 0

#2

Postby jip » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 am

Ah... I am not sure I want to buy books and DVDs... I found some deepeners on the internet. But they were all long stories that I needed to narrate? Is that necessary to narrate a story to go very deep, or there are other easy tricks?

Just wondering why I always stop at some depth and can not go deeper. I have no plan to buy DVDs yet...


ian groves wrote:id recommend u getting anthonys book and also dvds as there is so much info on them u can and i do watch them over and over again ,
book ,reality is plastic
dvs,manchurian approach and the tribly connection
also johnothan chase;s book deeper and deeper is a great read
jip
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am
Likes Received: 0

#3

Postby Hypnotac » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:33 am

Hi Jip.

With regards to deepeners, a lot of people use 'fractionation' to develop a deeper hypnosis and get the subject used to returning that state.

For example: 'From now on when I say sleep, you will return to this state 10 time deeper than before, even more relaxed ready to take on your next set of instructions. When I count to 3 you will open your eyes and be wide awake....1,2,3 eyes wide open.'

Then use a gesture such as holding one finger up telling them to focus on the end of it, and move this towards there face and as it gets close to them, say 'Sleep' as you move your finger in a downward motion past there eyes. Again deepen it, 'Thats right allow yourself to relax and go 10 times deeper' etc.

Do this 3 or four times to them, opening there eyes, and getting them to sleep, this should help make the subject go deeper.

Ben
Hypnotac
Junior Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm
Likes Received: 0

#4

Postby jip » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 am

Haha, Ben, this was what I did. I didnt know the name of it though. I made them wake up and fall asleep for many times. It worked great.

But I still after I have used up all the induction techniques I know and made them sleep for many times. They still could not do negative hallucination. If they were first time hypnotized, should I expect that?

Also, I found that they got tired very fast. Was it normal for this technique?

Thanks, Ben, for the suggestion, ha~!

Hypnotac wrote:Hi Jip.

With regards to deepeners, a lot of people use 'fractionation' to develop a deeper hypnosis and get the subject used to returning that state.

For example: 'From now on when I say sleep, you will return to this state 10 time deeper than before, even more relaxed ready to take on your next set of instructions. When I count to 3 you will open your eyes and be wide awake....1,2,3 eyes wide open.'

Then use a gesture such as holding one finger up telling them to focus on the end of it, and move this towards there face and as it gets close to them, say 'Sleep' as you move your finger in a downward motion past there eyes. Again deepen it, 'Thats right allow yourself to relax and go 10 times deeper' etc.

Do this 3 or four times to them, opening there eyes, and getting them to sleep, this should help make the subject go deeper.

Ben
jip
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am
Likes Received: 0

#5

Postby Hypnotac » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 am

Haha, sorry shouldn't have assumed you haven't tried that. Do you try other phenomena first? like raising their arm and gradually build up to more of the advanced phenomena?

Even if it was their first time, they could still experience this, do you ask for feedback after, and see what the subject thought? Also as I said in the other post, some people cant experience all types of phenomena, and from what I gather, you need a really decent subject for hallucinations, so they may be few and far between, as opposed to people who can experience arm levitation etc.

With regards to them feeling tired, do you tell them that when they open their eyes they will feel great and wide awake when deepening?

Cheers
Ben
Hypnotac
Junior Member
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm
Likes Received: 0

#6

Postby ian groves » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:29 pm

jip wrote:Ah... I am not sure I want to buy books and DVDs... I found some deepeners on the internet. But they were all long stories that I needed to narrate? Is that necessary to narrate a story to go very deep, or there are other easy tricks?

Just wondering why I always stop at some depth and can not go deeper. I have no plan to buy DVDs yet...


ian groves wrote:id recommend u getting anthonys book and also dvds as there is so much info on them u can and i do watch them over and over again ,
book ,reality is plastic
dvs,manchurian approach and the tribly connection
also johnothan chase;s book deeper and deeper is a great read

been the best move i made getting these and leanred so much from them ,if you can find what u want on youtube good luck mate
ian groves
Junior Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:30 pm
Likes Received: 0

#7

Postby divrom » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:17 pm

It's probably not the deepener that's the problem.

However, my suggestion would be to dissect the Elman induction (found at the link below, in my signature) and you'll learn plenty about deepening there.
divrom
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 pm
Location: Northampton
Likes Received: 0

#8

Postby Stevo74 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:55 am

jip wrote:But the furthest I can do is the beginning positive hallucination.


Wow...that's really deep :wink:

jip wrote:Then I dont know how to go deeper to get negtive hallucination and so on. The subjects start geting tired. Should I just hypnotize the people for more times so they can go deeper gradually later, or there are effactive and easy deepeners that I can use to make people go very deep at the first time?


Then...Forget all about levels and deepness :shock:

Some people can experience some phenomena early on, that others find harder to do..and visa-versa.
This was my eureka moment that 'levels' of hypnosis didn't exist.
If it helps to think in 'levels of deepness' go for it but it sounds like it's hindering you.
I only use words like 'deeper' for the client/subject's benefit if it exists in their model.
Stevo74
Preferred Member
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 1:24 am
Location: South East London, England, Earth.
Likes Received: 0

#9

Postby Mesmer7 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I find confusion inductions work well as inductions.
Mesmer7
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm
Likes Received: 0

#10

Postby Ben1987 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Rohypnol. :twisted:
Ben1987
Junior Member
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:27 am
Likes Received: 0

#11

Postby jip » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am

Hi Ben, I will ask them for feedback, but they will not be around for a while... My friends are fantastic, I will try more to figure out why it did not work well. And I did told them to feel happy when waking up, but they did not seem to be as happy as I expected. :P

Ian, I guess I may need to buy some DVDs or take some classes in the future. haha

divrom, that website is great. I just took a look at it. There are a lot for me to learn and try for sure. Thanks for the links.

Stevo74, yeah, two of my friends could do positive hallucination easily. I think it has something to do with their personalities. The level theory are good for me to start with and what you said was inspiring to me: I dont need to completely rely on it. :P

Mesmer7, i havent tried that yet..

Ben1987, haha :twisted:

Thanks guys for ur replies. I will post more questions later, haha!
jip
New Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am
Likes Received: 0



Return to Hypnosis