...as you become aware of those eyes

Postby cu19x » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 am

Hello to all.

I am translating in my language (Greek) the scripts that coming through "reality is plastic" for set piece and induction phases.

The thing is that I cannot understand the phrase "...as you become aware of those eyes...".
Is it possible for someone to explain what is the real meaning of this phrase so I can use it correctly?

Thanks.
cu19x

Likes Received: 0

Postby Chris2312 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:57 pm

this phrase comes after 'and notice that your eyes are changing focus'. so as you're becoming aware of the sensation, change of focus in your eyes is basically what it means.

you can even skip that. don't be limited to scripts. for example, when i do the handshake interrupt i say (in my language) 'notice how your eyes are becoming heavy, and as you feel that, close your eyes and sleep ....'

be creative, use your intelligence to work around this kind of issues when translating to another language.

Chris
Chris2312

Postby kevsheldrake » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 pm

It's an ambiguous leading statement. It avoids suggesting that the eyes are heavy or anything else specific.

"And as you notice those eyes" or "And as you notice your eyes" (if it is easier) could be alternatives.

Kev
kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby cu19x » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:29 pm

Thank you Chris.

That was helpful. I was assuming that the meaning might be this, but I wasn't sure.
The most important thing you said, is that I have to get out the limits of scripts. I may don't have to be anxious about saying the exact words, but say the idea I want to "pass".

I am so new to hypnosis, in which I haven't hypnotize someone or been hypnotized by anyone, that I cannot be sure whats right or wrong.

edit..................................
Thank you Kev. I think I got it.
cu19x

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:14 am

Hi,

there is not a huge amount of ambiguity in the 'scripts' in Reality is Plastic. For that reason it is easy to translate. However the phrase you have pointed out is a slightly odd phrase that can be difficult to translate.

All I am trying to do with it is bring the subjects attention back onto their eyes. I want to do this without being too direct and specific i.e you can feel your eyes getting heavier/losing focus

Just change it to fit. They are magic ideas not words.

If I can help in anyway let me know.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Likes Received: 6

Postby cu19x » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks Antony,

I have read almost the whole book and everything is very clear and well written so it was very easy for me to translate and understand it. I think that this phrase was the only that wasn't so clear for me but you guys helped me a lot.

My only fear now is to make the first step and try to hypnotize someone.
cu19x

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 am

Do you have the supplement to my book 'RIP: Reloaded'?

If not it has ideas on how to approach and create a context for hypnosis.
PM me your email address if not.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Postby cu19x » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 am

Thank you so much Antony for your effort (you have a pm).

Does this book involves how to approach family members and close friends that already know that you are not a hypnotist? Cause, this is where I want to start trying.
If it contains solutions for these cases, from where I can purchase this book?

edit
I cannot send pm (I receive "Not_Enough_Posts_PM"), sorry
cu19x

Postby cu19x » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 am

Hey guys. I am back :)

I did the first step and I think I made something here.

A night at home, my wife, our made of honor and I, were talking and at a time I started informing them about hypnosis convincing them to give a shot.
I stared with my maid of honor. Did the magnetic fingers-hands and did the handshake induction (as Antony describes it). I admit I was nervous and not solid enough. I proceed in deepening and try to make an arm levitation. After a lot o talking and giving thoughts about light hand, balloons of helium etc, I saw some finger twitching but with some glimpse in her face, I realized that she wasn't "there". I stopped and tried fractionation but she turned up laughing and we stopped there. At the end she admitted that, as she knows me for a funny guy, she was expecting the whole time to make something funny or scary to her and she wasn't relaxed at all.

Afterwards my wife wanted (by her self) to try. I was a lot better there and solid enough. The same process was followed also here but I used eye to hand fixation this time. In my first try in arm levitation, the hand raised at about 2cm and after this my wife opened her eyes laughing and claiming that she couldn't believe that with out any effort the hand started to rising. That filling blow her away and made her open the eyes. She wanted to try immediately afterwards. This time I made the arm levitate and suggest it to approach the face. So while the hand started to raze, it turned direction (after my suggestion) reaching the face. I suggest funny emotions, as the hand was traveling to the face, but it was moving fast and she only started to smile. After that I took this hand and rest it to the hips and took the other, put it on the top of her head and suggest it to stuck there. I was so enthusiast with the whole process that I suggest her to open her eyes and see that see couldn't unstuck the hand. The result was that, within few seconds she managed to unstuck it.
That was a little disappointing for me but I think with a little work and effort we will go more further.

Do you think that I did something wrong or should I made something else? Also what do you suggest to try afterwards?
cu19x

Postby kevsheldrake » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 pm

You did well. Practice on more people. Practice more with your wife. Let us know how you get on.

Kev
kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby divrom » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:17 pm

cu19x wrote:Do you think that I did something wrong or should I made something else? Also what do you suggest to try afterwards?

You did nothing wrong at all, mate.

That's a great result. Enjoy it. And go out and get some more.
divrom
Preferred Member

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:33 am

Sounds great. Like you said you felt what you did at first was solid. Often as beginners progress into new territory such as catalepsy and amnesia there solidness is affected as it can feel a little silly telling people they will be stuck or not be able to recall their name. Stay solid.

It might just be you have a hypno-chimp for a wife ;)

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Postby PADDY O'GELLAR » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:36 am

I found at the beginning that using friends was a useful way to "get the words out". Even though a few were laughing , I still continued in order to practice saying the actual words on a real, live person. It sounds as if you have a good positive attitude to it.
PADDY O'GELLAR

Postby cu19x » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 am

Thank all of you guys for your support. I will try more and I will be happy to share my progress with you.

Do you think that after catalepsy and "emotional feelings" I should proceed into amnesia and Hallucinations? Is it good to try and mastered lot suggestions in each "Hypnotic phenomena" or try a little bit of small things in several Hypnotic phenomena and see what works and where should you go next?
cu19x

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Yeah testing various things out within each flavor of phenomena is a good idea. It encourages you to be creative and be so with confidence. However at some point you need to proceed to amnesia.

Linking the undoing of a physical phenomenon to the establishing of amnesia is one way to go.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Next