My first hypnosis subjects and success!!

Postby bhups » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

Hi all, I don't know if this is worthy of posting, but I am really pleased with myself having hypnotised 2 people yesterday!! :shock: :shock:

It was a leaving drinks session for a colleague (Ms Smith) from my previous role in the company. She had also invited her boyfriend (Mr Doe) to join us.
Having chitchatting for a while, my friend had out of the blue told Mr Doe that I am a hypnotist, and all of a sudden that heating sensation built up in my belly for being put on the spot.

I had then just had to ignore that feeling and had to put a "game face" on, mind you I'm naturally a very shy person when it comes to talking to people, as I’m not a very good conversationalist.

I had then just played a long and said:
"Yeh, I am a hypnotist. Have you even been hypnotised?"
He said no.
"Do you know what hypnosis kindda is?"
He did not verbally respond, but his actions were showing he thought he knew what it might be.
"It’s just a relaxed, focused state of concentration and at the end of it you will feel great! Are you up for it?"
He said sure, but kind of in an unsure way.

I then did the set pieces of Magnetic figures and then magnetic hands. Both of which he responded to very well.

Then I did the hand/arm levitation. This was interesting because both his arms lifted even though I tapped the hand I wanted lifted. I then swapped this over and said one was very heavy and the other was getting lighter and lighter.

This took a long time for the arm to get to his forehead, but persisting it for about a minute or so it eventually got closer to his head. I had suggested laughter as hand lifted higher, but he did not seem to be very animated and that laughter did not come out as much. However, Ms Smith did BURST out laughing and could not stop when she was hypnotised.

I then told him to bring that hand down, only as quickly as you relax and only as quickly as you go deep and deeper into hypnosis.

The hand then drifted down back to his lap.

I had told him that now the hand is stuck to his lap and he will not lift it.
This took me a couple of attempts as he was able to move his hand, but then I tried a bit of fractionation and then insisted that the hand was stuck, and indeed it became stuck! This was my moment of victory!
I initially thought he was just playing along to keep me happy as even I did not believe it that I got his hand to stick! But it was.

From that we went into forgetting numbers.
This also took a couple of attempts as I got not get him to forget the number.
I then rephrased it that whenever he tried to say the number three he will not be able to. It will be at the tip of his tongue, but he will not be able to say the number three.
Then he counted his fingures and could not say the number three, but could write it and see it in his mind.

Then I went into him forgetting his name, and thinking (the classic Trilby Connection line) his name was Jenny, and then Jenny the Camel-Humper. He knew that it could not be his name, but at the same time it was. I could not get him to just believe it 100% without doubt.

After that, I undid all the suggestions and did the wake up and tested that everything was back to normal. Which of course it was, but being the first time you don’t want it to be your last time.

For Ms Smith, the above was done but she was much more animated and much more responsive.
Suggesting the hand stick worked first time round. And also sticking the hands to each other worked beautifully.

When having her forget her name, the first time round she could not say it, but could write it. I then put her down under and suggested it be written on a blackboard and then rubbing off all the letters off the board. Having her open her eyes I asked her to say her name. Each time she attempted to say it, she was writing the letters on the board to help her read her name off it. Unknowingly that she was doing that, I was waving my hand across her face to say “try and remember, and you find its gone”. When I said that she was saying that she was trying to remember it, and each time I waved my hand across her face, each letter rubbed off. I then took advantage of this and just says all the letters are just gone and you WILL NOT remember your name. She was then blown away.

Having found she was very responsive to my suggestions, I tried visual phenomena but with no success. I gave her the major suggestion of “everything I say will instantly become your reality. Everything I say you can see you will see, everything I say you can smell you can smell. Everything I say will instantly become your reality.”
I then tried to make myself disappear by said, “When I say 1 2 eyes open, you will open your eyes, but you will not be able to see me. It is as though I have never existed. You will not see me or my cloths I am wearing. However, you will hear my voice.” Then having her open her eyes, she looked around and saw me. But when she saw me, she described it as that she initially could not see me completely, but did see my eyes and then my face and then my body. It seemed to be a bit weird, but I was partially visible and then the might built up the picture of me just being there.

That was the end of the hypnosis show from me but it was as though I did not want it to end.
I hope if someone has the time to read this looong story, they will be able to advise me on how I can do it better next time and also succeeded in the areas I did not pass.

bhups

Likes Received: 0

Postby divrom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Excellent!

Congratulations for carrying on, despite your nerves.
divrom
Preferred Member

Postby Joe100 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Welcome to the club. :)

You did brilliantly.

As for how to improve, keep doing what you did.

Joe
Joe100
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 6

Postby bhups » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks divrom & Joe100!

Today my sister has a party at her place. I hope to get a few more people under :)

The hardest part for me to trying to initiate the moment. Every time I tell myself, "right, lets hypnotise someone", I get that heating sensation back in my belly and my heart beat rate doubles.

I think the only kick start for me few days ago was my friend putting me out. Kindda like having your name called on stage to perform.

Any tips for beating the nerves?
bhups

Postby Joe100 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

It's odd. I find that when I don't have that feeling I come out 'flat'. The only way I can describe it is that feeling seems to unleash some sort of inner power.

When I don't really care to perform well I simply let myself know by saying 'self, it's not important to be at my best right now, if I fail it's all ok'. It seems that once I know that, the feeling realizes that it isn't needed in that moment, and after a few seconds it fades.

Joe
Joe100
Preferred Member

Postby bhups » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks Joe, I can relate to that unleashing of power. It's like some force that just pushes you adding tons of confidence in a matter of seconds. This is what happened to me when I did it the first time.

But for me, I think if I don't take the opportunity as soon as it arrives and I say, "urrmm, I don't know.", I have just kicked myself in the donkey, as that feeling will just loop itself when I try to bring myself up to doing it again. I seem to have a habit of doing this and my confidence drops rock bottom most of the times.

This is what happened yesterday :(

Hours before I was preparing myself to be up for it, but at crunch time, I backed down.

I don't know if this was because it was being done in front of my family. It felt weird as they don't know this side of me. I kind of have a split personality when I am with my friends and then with my family.

When I'm with my friends, I can be serious and also be fun. But with my family and cannot put on a serious face, as I am known to clown around and unfortunately that's how I appear to be to them. As the elders are a bit more serious types, and me being the youngest one, I have to be the balancer to ease the moods in the house.

I guess I will have try keep trying with friends.

Thanks again for your input Joe.

Regards
Bhups
bhups

Postby bhups » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 am

Yesterday I tried to hypnotise my sister, but unfortunately I did fail with this.
She wanted to be hypnotised so she does not feel any pain while doing waxing. I said "yeh, hypnosis should do that for you".

I previously tried the magnetic figures and magnetic hands, with her some months back when I was still at the very beginning stage to see if I can hypnotise her and she know that they were a gimmick and did not believe that I was making it happen.

So this time I skipped that and tried "The Rehearsal" induction instead. Once I thought that it was going to plan, with the arm raising as I say "Now as the arm lift, you close your and relax even more. This time, as that hand drive down, you only go 10x deeper relaxed". At this point, I was unsure if she was hypnotised, but I tried to test my work with the arm levitation and it was just not happening.

Could this have happened if it was due to my confidence showing as on the edge and unsure?

Thanks.
Bhups
bhups

Postby kevsheldrake » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 pm

bhups wrote:Could this have happened if it was due to my confidence showing as on the edge and unsure?

Yep. Maybe she imagined that it might not work.

Kev
kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby Mousetower » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Yay!!

Feels great when it first works for you doesn't it?

You mention that the first time you did this, you were introduced by someone else, and felt a little pushed (nudged?) into performing. I prefer to be introduced to people when I hypnotise. There is a barrier broken down before you start, and your job is made easier.
Remember as well, that you were not anticipating this first event. It's easy to think hypnotising people through too much, and invent all sorts of scenarios which don't really exist. This will fade over your next few successes.
After a time, you will feel confident that that 'inner power' that you speak of will appear for you when it really matters. Unfortunately, you just have to push yourself through it until that happens.

Congratulations!
You're going to love this!!
Mousetower
Preferred Member

Postby bhups » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks Mousetower! It felt amazing! Very unreal infact. Kept thinking back to myself, did I really do it!?

I will keep on trying to hypnotise, but I don't have any hypnotist buddies that I can go around with and try on people after people.

Will have to seek opportunities solo I guess.

I'm gonna try not hypnotise my family until my confidence is boosted a lot more and after getting more practice.
bhups

Postby Mousetower » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Where do you live? I'm sure that someone from the site would be happy to go out zapping with you if they live nearby.
Mousetower
Preferred Member

Postby bhups » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm in north-west London.
Harrow.

Anyone around these ends?
bhups

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Bhups,

run The Rewind technique prior to your next imagined hypno outing.

Or just recognise that those feelings are just your body preparing itself for hypnobattle and enjoy them.

Don't fight it.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Postby bhups » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks Anthony!
Next time I will just do it and not let my mind fight me.

How does one run the Rewind Technique on oneself?
I was not aware of it until just now, but searching around, I just find info on how it can be done to others.

Thanks again!
bhups

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

It is easy. Relax. Dissociate as advised. Run the technique on an imagined performance.
Anthony Jacquin

Next