Biggiesize, i wish i could talk to you right now....

Postby justin92 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 pm

hey bobthebuilder, man what you are going through is completely normal. i went through everything you named when i first quit. it took me around 8 months to start feeling better overall but now im at 12 months and i feel great!! it takes a long time but if your willing to fight the fight and go through it all the outcome will be amazing. keep up the good work bro. cant wait to hear from you later on.
justin92

Likes Received: 13

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am

Did you experience any insomnia in the later months? I'm about 6-7 months right now and went 36 hours with no sleep (2days ago) last night only able to sleep a couple hours. My body is extremely tired but my mind feels as if I had a cup of coffee.

My GF and I are gonna stay at my parents tonight and I'm going to give ambien a try so they can keep an eye on me.

I tried Xanax last night and only made me relaxed but no sleep aide with it. The night before I tried zquil and it worked for only like 40 min.

Going the ambien route right now because I need sleep. After this if I can't sleep ill try melatonin but for now I need to sleep

I haven't felt insomnia this bad at all so wondering if anyone else went through this
bobthebuilder

Likes Received: 2

Postby justin92 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:59 am

yes even at 12 months im still not getting the sleep like i used to before i ever smoked but it has gotten easier. the first 6 months were the worst but it gets better after that. try exercising as much as you can. that will help you get to sleep better.
justin92

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

What's the longest you have gone without sleeping?
bobthebuilder

Postby justin92 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 am

early in my quit i went weeks without sleep
justin92

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:44 am

Oh man that must have been hell. That feeling is so indescribable it scares me
bobthebuilder

Postby bvl » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 am

1st thing to say is that i'm glad to see that justin is still keeping us posted and feeling so great!

bobthebuilder, we know what you're going through, I've been in your shoes and I still don't find them words to describe how bad it felt...

As you already know, it will get better but it does take some time...

I'm at 8 and a half months and still have some bad days, i get easily stressed, angry, depressed... but nothing compared to where I was in the begining. Hope this is just another episode and by the end of 12 months I will feel so good...!!!

Be patient and stay strong! Good luck!
bvl

Likes Received: 17

Postby bobthebuilder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Ended up not taking the ambien last night instead took a dose of zzzquil which didn't work. This morning I started shaking and just feel very off. I know it's probably just because I haven't been able to get any sleep.

Gonna try melatonin in a little bit to see if that will do anything for me. It's been over 12 hours since I took the zzzquil so I should be ok for the melatonin in a couple hours.

I started to think because I never really got any withdrawals in the early months that I didn't notice anything until the 4-5 month mark that maybe my body has just been holding on to everything and only now it's starting to detox from everything... Or my body is just reacting differently than everyone else because I haven't been able to find someone who has this bad of insomnia around the 6+ month point.
bobthebuilder

Postby justin92 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:26 am

everyday is different for me. some nights i sleep great. others not so good. when i was 6 months i still had bad insomnia. now at 12 months i only have like 2 nights a week where i get crappy sleep. i also have been having some girl problems so thats uneeded stress. you never know what life is going to throw at you. i am dealing with things a a lot better at 12 months and i feel my overall fitness has gotten better like my body feels good. my mental clarity is pretty good but not quite where i want it. but overall life is great and i am so glad i made the decision to finally quit and when you do and your 12 months past weed you will feel a sense of happiness that beats any high you had from weed.
justin92

Postby amoeba » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey man,
Hang in there buddy, i've been going through exactly the same, when i quit last time, 8 months, (quit now for 4 months) i started to feel it going away, clarity was starting to return, but I made the stupid decision to start up again, thinking "oh its fine i can handle it now"...worst decision ever...stick with it man. I've forgotten again what it was like to be clear and am stuck in the foggy brain stage, but from what i hear in a year you will be virtually 100% - when you think of it, isn't it better to have one difficult year than a lifetime of perpetual misery? I wish you all the luck in your quit, and to help your strength and remind your self of why your quitting, keep posting as often as you can, describe your feelings and experiences and i guarantee there will be people in the same boat who can give friendly advice!

all the best
amoeba
amoeba

Likes Received: 0

Previous

Return to Addictions