Day one completed, looking for support and advice

Postby Stevenpearce » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Didn't even realize but I've hit nine months clean today! Was driving about tonight, had to collect something I brought for the kids of eBay and went through some places I used to go to score, brought back a lot of memories but not good ones, memories of waiting in my car for some useless dealer to show up half hour after he said he would, getting suspicious and feeling paranoid people would wonder why u r sitting in your car doing nothing, dreading the old bill turning up and all that negative stuff I'm so glad I don't feel anymore. Still feel the need to come on here and read other posts by people starting to quit and I get a lot of comfort out of all the support people give each other and really relate to a lot of the posts on here. Good luck everyone hang in there !!
Stevenpearce

Likes Received: 25

Postby Newyearnewyou » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:20 am

9 months!!! Bet you feel proud as punch lol!!
Keeps me inspired and striving and knowing that the weed free life is the only way to true happiness 😄
Newyearnewyou
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 1

Postby Stevenpearce » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 am

Morning all been a while since I last posted anything, things been going well, spoke to an old smoking buddy the other day and told him I hadn't smoked for 9 months and he was like wow no wonder I haven't heard from you much then! He was cool about it though and was pleased with my quit so far. He has always been health conscious and only smokes natural weed through a vaporiser now and insisted it wasn't addictive! For you maybe but not for me my friend!!

Started an experiment today going to detox completely from caffeine, have noticed that I do drink a lot of tea and I notice it changes my mood and I get compulsive about it. Anyone got any experience on taking caffeine out of your diet??
Stevenpearce

Postby Newyearnewyou » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:44 am

Morning and brill on 9 months 😄! I'm at 90 days today and I would defo say things are getting better. Caffeine withdrawal eh, you are certainly a brave man lol! The first few days are by far the worst and the sort of things you can expect are: headaches, feeling sick, irritability, constipation, lethargy, anxiety, depressed mood and trouble concentrating. Drinking lots of water, herbal tea and hot water with a slice of lemon will help. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Newyearnewyou
Preferred Member

Postby Stevenpearce » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:44 am

Good morning everyone, been ages since I posted so wanted to drop in and sat hi, been reading the posts made by furtive who has made dome really good points about weed and addictions. I think he is right in that we only kept smoking to avoid the withdrawal land that the actual high is only beneficial once we have built a tolerance to weed. I am scarred to try just one toke cos I can remember that first smoke after previous quits/ breaks and finding the buzz terrible and wondering why on earth I bothered to smoke but you know what half hour later I was rolling another one up and the whole cycle started again. I'm nearly at 11 months and so much has changed in my life for the positive, I've found this forum really good and along my journey have met some wonderful people on here. Have a great day everyone!
Stevenpearce

Postby Stevenpearce » Wed May 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Struggled to find my post with this new format of forum but managed to get there in the end. I rarely think about weed anymore, certainly in stressful scenarios I pause and think how can I make this less stressful where we all know what used to be the process. I've worked out that it never did help in stressful situations it just numbed out emotions and really should never have been used for stress management it started off as being fun, an experience, a way to enjoy social situations but somewhere along the line it became a permanent part of my life and the novelty and enjoyment wore off.

Still have to be careful mind you and one consequence of quitting is I have stopped seeing a lot of my stoner mates, I get anxious just thinking about being in there company and not being strong enough to resist temptation, suppose I'm not out of the woods just yet either.
Stevenpearce

Postby Stevenpearce » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:49 am

So congratulations to me! 1 year today! So pleased it's been a long and stressful
Journey at times but ultimately Definately worth it, one year ago I would have told u it was impossible and I had convinced myself that I would smoke for ever but I've broke the habit and with te help of this forum and all the other members I hope to keep it going. Have a great day and weekend everyone!
Stevenpearce

Postby netty28661 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:18 am

Hi stevenpearce, it's so good to hear you've reached the 12 month mark. Things will still keep on improving aswell.

All the best
Jannette
netty28661
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby Stevenpearce » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 am

Not been on for a while, this forum was so good for me in helping me becoming clean I don't know for sure how long it's been now which is a great sign.

If you are thinking of quoting but don't think you can, think again because loads of us on here were the same and now are clean and it's amazing what a bit of will power and support on this forum can achieve.

Good luck everyone!
Stevenpearce

Postby Stevenpearce » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi all, had to start reading the forum again as I've recently flirted again with first some hash and now weed. I'm still positive that I am not going to go back to chronic or constant use and I'm still pleased I didn't touch anything for over a year. On reflection I wish I hadn't smoked and could be proud to say that I have been clean for over a year but after reading the forum again I knew i needed to get on here and share what's happened.

How did it feel? Not sure I enjoyed it but at the same time I didnt feel guilty about going back to day one. I know it's not practical for me to go back to that way of life knowing what I know because being clear headed and healthy is much more preferable to that other way of life. Not aure if I am feeling any other effects, short term memory still good but definately was a bit foggy for a good few days afterwards.
Stevenpearce

Postby barryh83 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:37 am

These stories are helping me with my own withdrawl. Great reads. Hope your in a good place steven
barryh83

Postby Stevenpearce » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:48 am

barryh83 wrote:These stories are helping me with my own withdrawl. Great reads. Hope your in a good place steven

Hello Barry glad you are getting strength from this place - helped me a lot in changing my behaviours towards chronic non stop use. Believe I am a different person now and although I have used (socially) on odd occasions I do feel that it's not really me anymore and after years of punishing my health and lungs I now find I am addicted to running instead! Gives you great high and gives your lungs something positive for a change!
Stevenpearce

Postby Wave » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Really great to hear your progress. Did the little amount affect you in terms of sleep and mood? Have you found yourself more social as a benefit of quitting?

How's the exercise going and how often do you run each week?
Wave
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 217

Postby Stevenpearce » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi wave I would say that the little amount I had didn't effect my sleep but I defiantly felt a bit more lazy than usual and worried more about things / dwelled over things that normally I just brush over. I would say I felt normal again about two weeks afterwards! Not sure if I was over analysing it or not tho or just disappointed I buckled and had a smoke.

On to more positive things now! I go running at least three times per week and run between 3 - 6 miles each time depending on who I am with and how much time I got. I agree that the feeling of being tired and healthy is so nice and I now get frustrated if I don't go running! In fact I am out tonight once my dinner has gone down!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend mate!
Stevenpearce

Postby Stevenpearce » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi everyone just thought I would check in after not being on here for ages. For me this place was a major help in breaking that constant cycle of weed smoking. I have smoked recently but realise no matter how long you leave it alone for old habits die hard and despite your bad side of your mind telling you can have one occasionally etc it's a lie for me, I get it and smoke it like it's going out of fashion! At least now I have the knowledge that I can leave it alone and also prefer a clean state of mind and a healthy body too. So many people helped me on here, I hope you are all doing great and to people just starting their quitting journey good luck you won't regret it.
Stevenpearce

Previous