5 years clean!!!!!!!

Postby biggiesize » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Well everyone,Its officially been 5 years since my last toke.Was it a long challenging 5 years you ask?NO.I knew when I quit that It was not the life I wanted to live.My desire to be free was stronger than any desire I ever had to smoke.The first year was pretty bad.You can look back through my old posts if you want to know more.I had lots of vision issues and "brain fog for the first year,but after that,it was as if I never smoked at all.
I just want to tell everyone who may be struggling with quitting or struggling to feel normal months after quitting that if you hang in there,your brain will heal itself.Best of luck to everyone!!!Be blessed-
Biggie
biggiesize

Likes Received: 27

Postby wakinglife » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:34 pm

That is awesome news, biggiesize!!!

5 years. Yeah!

I'll be passing my milestone on Monday.

Thanks for taking the time to check in and share your good news.

:)
wakinglife
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 261

Postby beangrah » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Well done. Very inspiring!
beangrah

Likes Received: 0

Postby Schrodinger » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Respect, mate! Good to see people so happy and content after stopping for so long.
Schrodinger

Postby chessfreak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Congatulations.. :D :D . I an rigth behind you 4 years.. :D
chessfreak

Postby psychugo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Good for you!
psychugo

Postby Legendary_Jake » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 am

Nice!
Legendary_Jake

Postby GregT » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:05 pm

That's great! Good on you for making it 5 years. Its certainly inspiring to see someone go for as long as you have without weed, it gives me hope for myself. Wanting to "feel normal" was the reason I went back the last time, I was changing jobs, feeling stressed...and just wanted to feel normal again.

Thanks for posting!

:)
GregT

Postby skylark1974 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Respect here respect is due. Going to have to get my keyboard fixed soon. there is a certain letter inbeteen q and e missing, but you get the drift lol im nearly 2 year and catching you :) good going 5 years mate.
skylark1974
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 1

Postby drummerdude23 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:06 am

thank you for this biggiesize. and good for you. It's great hearing success stories and how you got there. You've given myself and everyone on this forum a reality check.

"My desire to be free was stronger than any desire I ever had to smoke" 8)

I quit starting tomorrow, after 5 attempts, I know i'm off for good now because beyond destroying my entire personal, financial and business life all for a clutch, I've made that life decision to continually improve myself rather then to just exist and take up space. replacing smoking with weight lifting, eating healthy, being a real human.
drummerdude23

Postby kochamchepolska » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:14 am

Thank you for the positive words :) gives me a lot of hope and strength
kochamchepolska

Postby darkmatterz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 pm

5 Years Of Regained Life..Sounds Great. Congrats Brotha
darkmatterz

Postby olskoolru » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Biggiesize,

I've been following your posts and your journey is a true inspiration to me as it has been to so many here on uncommon. I am a bit over 5 months clean and have had an absolutley horrendous time after I quit smoking mariijuana. I have gone through phases of depression and anxiety. Most of it has been anxiety due to the impending doom I am awaiting. I have gone through many periods of paranoia due to the headaches I have been experiencing. The headaches have been the worst part of it all. They are around a lot more than when they aren't. The acute withdrawal took about a mont or month and a half to hit me after I quit. My therapist stated that this is due to the super duper high grade stuff I smoked. Kola Panther was the strongest. I move to Oakland from the East Coast a year and a half ago, I came here and bought my medical marijuana license and that was all she wrote. Since weed is legal here, it was like going to a 7-11 and buying whatever and as much as I wanted ANYTIME! Pre-rolled high grade indica Kola Panther "fortified with Kief" was my preference. The pre-rolleds were immense and I smoked them like they were going out of style. FF to February 14, 2013 and I quit cold-turkey. The first 4 or so weeks were just mood swings and problems sleeping, but not full-blown insomnia. THEN one night i got a splitting migraine that stuck around 24/7 for a month straight. Insomnia for about 2 weeks and lower neck pains that were excruciating. I couldn't understand what TF was happening to me! Well, there is a Marijuana Anonymous that I started attending in Berkeley (talk about HARD CORE SMOKERS). I was the youngest by far and I'm 35 years old. Packed with people seeking help weekly! Well, God listened to me and conncected me with a PHD psychologist that is a veteran pot-head and has been in recovery for the past 30 years. He understood me and let me know what I was going through.
Regardless, the paranoia and feeling that these symptoms ARE FOREVER do not leave my mind! I get better for maybe 3-4 days and BAM the symptoms come back with full fury. It has been a pattern that has been going on now for a little over 5 months and it has almost driven me insane. There is soooo little information available on this subject that it is very depressing. I don't know how the heck BiggieSize did this in '08, but mannn !! KUDOS!!

Glad to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But when will these god forsaken headaches stop!!??

One love to all of you!
olskoolru
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 82

Postby nnativid » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 am

Great job! you can do it.. more years to come! i salute you.

Grow stronger and live better,
Niño
nnativid

Postby kill mary jane31 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 am

hooray for biggie long live king biggiesize!!!!!
kill mary jane31

Next