Are you fighting the circumstances?

Postby powerpath6 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 am

In a classic book titled 'As a Man Thinketh' James Allen brought to light a very important topic. I believe the subject he shared is seen vastly throughout modern society. In fact, it is seen all throughout popular culture. What is it? I would like to coin a new term here and call this 'disguised victimization'. Why? Because most of the movies, music, and themes in popular culture are that of either subliminal dis empowerment or subliminal sabotage towards self reliance such as bashing wealthy people or money in itself. Unfortunately, people are not going to attain success by attacking others, let alone the "1%". In fact, the attack and jealousy on wealthy people such as celebrities etc. brings to light what James Allen highlighted in his book 'As a Man Thinketh'.

In the book Allen speaks of how a strong focus has been on despising the oppressors in a given region, society, or area. However, he then further explains how a new group emerged that stated that the oppressors exist only because there are those who are open for oppression. Allen then brings out a key point in that this new group exclaims that rather than despising the oppressors, "...let us despise the slaves." In short, those who choose to be a victim are volunteers.

Another point that James Allen brings up is that of 'Law of Cause and Effect'. He reveals that in order to change the circumstances you have to deal with the causes. An analogy of this can be a tree and its roots and fruits. If you want fruits on a tree you need to water and properly take care of its roots. The same applies with human life. James Allen made his point clear:

"Are you fighting the circumstances or are you dealing with the causes ?"
powerpath6

Likes Received: 0

Postby ChristianKl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Community building is much more important than fighting external threads. Instead of focusing on being angry at powerful people focus on connecting with your neighbors.
ChristianKl

Likes Received: 8

Postby kevsheldrake » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

powerpath6 wrote:"...let us despise the slaves." In short, those who choose to be a victim are volunteers.

This message was sponsored by "the 1%".

Kev
kevsheldrake
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 1

Postby jimmyh » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 am

Originally posted by powerpath6
"...let us despise the slaves." In short, those who choose to be a victim are volunteers.

I'm glad I don't choose to be a victim! Why would someone ever choose to be a victim!?!? They're so stupid!

(what ever you do, don't try to actually answer that. If if you do you might learn something that will undermine your forced of excitement and positivity which is propping up your "can do!" attitude. For serious)
jimmyh
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 23

Postby Hypnoboy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Maybe it's a 101% truth to say that peope choose for poverty and a victim role, but in no way a therapist or friend or any other person with compassion should say that it's a choice to be a looser, victim or any other label that you get into unaware.

The issue is that many people get into a bad situation due to others. The matter of control about one's life is not similar. Possibly you can say it to make something clear. But keep in mind that you speak to people who became the laggards of existence.

But ........ I haven't read the book I'm still busy with Kevins recommendation :) so this book will have to wait. I hope I can find a copy in my own language then.
Hypnoboy
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 3

Postby Hypnoboy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 pm

what more should be heeded is at which level someone decides to become a looser. When would you call something a decision?

I have been wondering that before, namly is the unconsious capable of making a decision? Can you say that?
Hypnoboy
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 3