Almost 6 years clean.

Postby biggiesize » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello friends,New and old.I just wanted to stop in and say that im 2 months away from my 6th year anniversary of quitting weed.
For those who may need to hear my story you can still find my old posts here.After quitting,it took me almost a year to feel normal again.I experienced blurred vision,insomnia,brain fog and many other problems along my first year so if you are struggling,I promise that it does get better!The brain will heal itself after stopping drug use,it just takes time.
If your desire to be weed free is stronger than your desire to light up,you can beat it!good luck to you all!
biggiesize

Likes Received: 34

Postby biggiesize » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:53 pm

Just wanted to add my 5 year update from last year.
5 years clean!!!!!!!

Well everyone,Its officially been 5 years since my last toke.Was it a long challenging 5 years you ask?NO.I knew when I quit that It was not the life I wanted to live.My desire to be free was stronger than any desire I ever had to smoke.The first year was pretty bad.You can look back through my old posts if you want to know more.I had lots of vision issues and "brain fog for the first year,but after that,it was as if I never smoked at all.
I just want to tell everyone who may be struggling with quitting or struggling to feel normal months after quitting that if you hang in there,your brain will heal itself.Best of luck to everyone!!!Be blessed-
Biggie
biggiesize

Postby Recovery1395 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Congrats! You're an inspiration.
Recovery1395

Likes Received: 35

Postby weed_victim » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Thank you beggiesize for keeping coming back.your stories are the source of hope for many in this forum. Did have any problems with hearing while withdrawing?
weed_victim

Likes Received: 7

Postby Juan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

I will read all your old post in a effort to inspire myself more to quit smoking. Thank you very much
Juan

Likes Received: 0

Postby george5030 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 am

Such a helpful and inspiring post. Its good to have support from people struggling like me at the same time but its even more helpful to read posts from people like you that has already gone though this on the past. Thanks!!!
george5030

Likes Received: 1

Postby biggiesize » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you all for the kind words.I promised myself that I would give back to this forum as long as I could in return for all the help it gave me through my struggle.Hopefully,my experience,will help people who are afraid to quit and who have quit but are getting depressed because recovery is BRUTAL,and I do mean BRUTAL.I promise you that if you keep it up,your brain will rewire itself and all the confusion,haze,brainfog,blurred vision,will eventually go away.It is not easy,but it is worth it when you walk out the other side!
biggiesize

Postby biggiesize » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:14 pm

A little over 3 and a half years ago,I was living the "high life",thinking I was having the greatest time of my life.For some reason,skipping bills or only paying half of my rent so I would have enough to buy a bag of the "good stuff" was my definition of a good time.Not caring about any of my responsibilities seemed like a blast to me.But around the end of June 2008,I looked at my life and realized that I was living a joke.I was tired of living that way and i wanted more out of life.I decided I was done with weed and everything about the lifestyle that it was helping me to live.I flushed my last bit down the toilet and never looked back.If you read any of my earlier posts,you will see that it was NOT and easy road.My brain felt cloudy and numb for 8 months to a year.Every day was a fight,but it was a fight that I was DETERMINED to win.3 1/2 years later Im glad that I didnt give into the cravings,the night sweats,the lack of sleep.I fought it and I overcame it.I want every one of you who is struggling to quit,that IT IS POSSIBLE.First you have to realize that you do have a problem.Second,you have to be sick of living that way and determined that you have had enough.I am living proof that with determination and willpower,you can beat your demons.I also recommend maybe reading some of Jurplesman posts.I dont exactly understand everything about his writings,but he is a professional and has successfully treated some people who's drug issues were related to a lack of proper nutrition.I wish you the best in your journey and myself and many other long term quitters are here for your support.Be blessed.
biggiesize

Postby lynne66 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:57 pm

congrats! that is so great. You helped me figure out why my vision is blurred lately. I have been worried my eyes are getting worse from basic far sightedness. Reminds me to hang in there and endure the numbness thing you speak of. I think I am feeling that at times quite heavily.
lynne66
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 50

Postby ClassicChick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 am

Hi there,

Just want to congratulate you, job well done. I am 2 days weed free and so far, have had any withdrawals symptoms except for not sleeping very well. I am inspired by you and the other members that have tried and succeeded. I've quit before but, was never serious about quitting forever, only taking a break. Well, that's now changed. This site is amazing and I am so happy to have found it. All the best to you and again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! ClassicChick
ClassicChick

Postby wakinglife » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 am

Nicely done, Biggie!

You've inspired a lot of people on here. Thanks for coming back to let us know you're staying strong and still enjoying the weed-free life!

8)
wakinglife
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 304

Postby Fabulous Furnace » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 am

Biggie-
6 years and bringing good news to us long-timer stoners. I am 4 months clean and when reading your posts, realized that I have a long way to go. My sleep is all over the place and I have dreams every nite, without fail.
did you dream every nite, and if so, how long did it last? how about your sleep patterns? when did that settle down?
Congrats and please post once in awhile so that newbies like me have something to grasp onto.
Blessings.

FF
Fabulous Furnace
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 26

Postby Ruak » Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Biggiesize!!! Ive been trying to get in contact with you for awhile but everytime i tried the post would be locked. But anyway 6months ago i got too high and panicked off of weed. Its been BAD. Like ill have good weeks and severe bad weeks. Recently my anxiety before bed has come back and the brain fog and the lack of concentration. Feeling like im mentally losing it. Getting frustrated so easily. Its been scary and i just need to know that theres a light at the end. I dont know
What else to do. It has been worst. The first 3 months were complete hell. But its still not great and i need to be normal. With no worried thoughts that im stuck like this forever.. Cause that brings the anxiety. Ive dealt with the depersonalization .. It hasnt returened. That tripped me out also 😩😔. Pray for me guys as i hope ill have the same testimony in abt another 6 months that i am restored
Ruak

Likes Received: 2

Postby ClassicChick » Sat May 03, 2014 3:49 am

Ruak wrote:Biggiesize!!! Ive been trying to get in contact with you for awhile but everytime i tried the post would be locked. But anyway 6months ago i got too high and panicked off of weed. Its been BAD. Like ill have good weeks and severe bad weeks. Recently my anxiety before bed has come back and the brain fog and the lack of concentration. Feeling like im mentally losing it. Getting frustrated so easily. Its been scary and i just need to know that theres a light at the end. I dont know
What else to do. It has been worst. The first 3 months were complete hell. But its still not great and i need to be normal. With no worried thoughts that im stuck like this forever.. Cause that brings the anxiety. Ive dealt with the depersonalization .. It hasnt returened. That tripped me out also 😩😔. Pray for me guys as i hope ill have the same testimony in abt another 6 months that i am restored

Hey Ruak...I'm sending prayers your way!! Congratulations on everything you've accomplished thus far...I've just begun my journey. I'm on day 5 after 34 years of pot use. You and all the other members are an inspiration to me, so thank you and keep up the good work. ClassicChick 8)
ClassicChick

Postby Ruak » Sat May 03, 2014 3:54 am

Thank you so much. Its been HARD! But im trusting in God! Even though at times i cant take it... Im trusting in him
Ruak

Likes Received: 2

Next