Almost 6 years clean.

Postby lynne66 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:45 am

If you mean days, I am at 60 days clean off cannabis. But I'm about 3 months off of finishing a long taper off of adderall and an antidepressant so I am having some weird things going on.

Melatonin is not supposed to be used for a long time, though, and I'm not sure why. Over 5mg is supposedly ineffective from what I have read.

There are combos for sleep that one can get at a health food store. I remember Melatonin works really well with GABA, which also is a calming agent used alone for anxiety. It's an amino acid and very mild, not likely to cause any adverse effects on the healing brain. Not sure about melatonin so much, though. Some people have bad things to say about it online.

I have to agree with your mom - those PM things are a whole other class of drug really and may be hard on the liver over time and who knows how you're really responding to them on some level as your brain tries to heal. Those kinds of drugs used to always make me feel really weird the next day - like I'd been strung out on something. I'd stick with natural things as much as possible.

The safest things are probably the simplest things like warm milk and the tablespoon or raw, unfiltered honey. A turkey burger might do it too.
lynne66
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 50

Postby Ruak » Wed May 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I know i keep rambling but i feel like im the only one that goes through this: lately when i try to sleep my thoughts will race non stop. And ill get frustrated because i literally just wanna sleep. Then i start feeling foggy, like im not in control of my thoughts and i cant stop it. Thats what propels me to just get up ( rather than endure the thoughts until they get worst and drive me into a anxiety attack ) and just take a sleeping pill... What should i do?
Ruak

Likes Received: 2

Postby Salsa » Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 pm

- meditate
- exercise
- take omega 3&multivitamin

DAILY
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby lynne66 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Rauk - Here's something really easy that I thought of later and will be doing more of myself - Lay on your back with your legs and feet above you against a wall, butt up against the base of the wall.

This really will send a signal to your brain to calm down. It is a yogic posture and it really helps the brain/mind relax. You can stay like that for as long as you want. It's really comfortable.
lynne66
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 50

Postby Salsa » Wed May 07, 2014 10:30 pm

wow, lynne, that's one nice posture. It made me sleepy. Thank you.
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby biggiesize » Thu May 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Ruak,
Im just getting caught up on your recent questions since we last talked.I understand your frustration about feeling like you are messed up for life and will never be normal again.It reminds me of my very first post here in November 2008.I had been quit for 4 months and my head was MESSED UP.I thought to myself "surely by now I would be over the effects of weed".I was aggrivated,nervous scared and it really didnt get much better at all until I noticed small improvementds around month 8.Even after that it was a year on before I noticed big improvements.
Dont compare your recovery to anyone elses.Everyones brain heals and rewires itself differently and at different paces,But I promise you if you can hold on and get through this,the brain fog and head numbness will come to an end.I have been there.....I know.that is why I come back to thid forum 6 years after I quit because I remember the desperation I felt looking for answers "will I ever be normal again?",'Am I messed up for life?"The answer to all of these is no.It just takes time.
biggiesize

Likes Received: 34

Postby Ruak » Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Im sooooooooo grateful for this forum! & you guys!!! Yall have become my big brothers and sisters lol during this. (Too much?) lol no im just really grateful. You guys are so encouraging... Now i can endure more because of the help and testimonies that you guys have given me. So a big thank you to all that have responded to me. I feel so much better today btw. Unfortunately it got kinda bad yesterday because i couldnt take it... I had people from my church pray for me and i woke up today without anything wrong with me head. I do know that it will return, i just have to be ready... How do u prepare urself mentally to be messed up mentally again? Lol... Im laughing but its true :(. I made the mistake and now i have to endure the consequences. Again, thank you all.. I'll be back if it gets to tough again ... And hopefully when my mark is up ill be able to find u all and tell u how happy i am..
Ruak

Likes Received: 2

Previous