How come hypnosis doesn't work for me?

Postby redwoodoriginal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:39 pm

I have some pretty bad insomnia so i thought i try out self hypnosis. I tried an app called "relax well and sleep well free" by famous UK best seller Glenn Harold. However i listen to everything he says "listen to my voice and take deep breaths" blah blah blah. I do everything he says and listen to him carefully. Then he will say "you shall start feeling very tired and ready to go into deep sleep" butt i feel nothing from it. I don't understand why i am failing to be hypnotized. I have tried his app many times and it never works. Apparently hypnosis is supposed to work 99% of the time. But how am i that of 1% it doesn't work? or does it work less percent? I don't get it alright.
redwoodoriginal

Likes Received: 0

Postby jimmyh » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:16 pm

99% with a recording is utter nonsense.

Hypnosis is a cooperative skill. Saying "hypnosis doesn't work for me" is like saying "teaching doesn't work for me". Sure, some people are better learners than others, but one failed attempt to convey an idea (or an experience) does not make something unteachable - especially if your "teacher" is but a recording!

Part of the skill is in knowing exactly how suggestions are to be interpreted. It's not enough to listen and follow his instructions if you're doing it like you're waiting for him to prove something to you. Imagine you've done it dozens of times and it worked every time. How would you go into it if that were the case? Find that mindset and go into it like *that*.

If you want to try a somewhat more flexible approach to hypnosis that also tries to explain how to respond, you can check out my interactive text induction here.

http://interactivehypnosis.com/Induction.html
jimmyh
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 24

Postby redwoodoriginal » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:01 am

I tried some youtube videos today and i found one to make me relaxed and forget my worries but didn't make me feel that tired, i'll try again tonight.
redwoodoriginal

Postby Anthony Jacquin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Hypnosis has absolutely nothing to do with 'feeling tired'.
Anthony Jacquin

Likes Received: 6

Postby Robert Plamondon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm familiar with that CD. It worked for me, but all the echo chamber effects and the use of words like "tired" didn't help. I recommend that you look for a different program that uses progressive relaxation to have YOU relax each part of your body in turn. That's something you do, not something you wait to have happen, and it's a great preparation for sleep. Or hypnosis. Or both.
Robert Plamondon

Likes Received: 2

Postby EthyWoo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:59 am

You may also have somthing called an analytical mind (A mind that is always analysing things said, done, heard etc) for a mind like this a confusion or covert induction may work best.

Also try figuring out your modality (your modality is the way your mind prefers to process stimuli) Most people people fall into one of three
1) visual (seeing)
2) audial (hearing)
3) kenastetic (touch or feeling)

How do you find out which one you are? Well you might find yourself saying often "see what I mean?" Or "I hear what your saying" or " I have a bad feeling about this". these kind of statements can give clues but are not 100% accurate, try this if your still not sure.

Imagine now that you are lying on a beach looking over the clear white sand out at beautiful blue ocean, as you look you notice the organ sun set bouncing off the water giving it a beautiful organ glow
(Visual)

Imagine now that you are lying on a beach and you can hear the soft wind breeze past you, the seagulls are squawking softly above you and just then you notice the sound of a wave crash heavily on the shore.
(Audial)

Imagine now that you are lying on a beach, the sand is warm and relaxing beneath your towel as is the sun beaming on your skin, which is perfect because the cool wind rolling over your exposed skin is cooling you down so perfectly
(Touch or feeling)

So which one fired up your imagination the most? That is probably your modality, knowing this your hypnotist could greatly improve his successes.

If you cannot find anything that works for you then feel free to hit me up on skype for a hypnosis session one night :)
My username is a hotmail
EthyWoo
Hotmail

Good luck
EthyWoo