Mid-late 20's NOT CAPAPBLE TO SLEEP ALONE. Help!

Postby QueenBeauty? » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:25 am

Like the titles says it I am in my mid-late 20's and never been capable to sleep alone in my life. When I was single, I was sleeping with a night light on or watching children's or funny movies before bedtime in order to be capable to sleep in a dark room alone even with a night light on. When I got married, I was always sleeping with my husband and still am. I am not capable to sleep alone. It doesn't cause me a problem, but is it normal not to be able to sleep alone as an adult? I can't handle scary movies or movies based on the depressing reality like end of the world type of movies or deadly storm movies were you see people getting hurt and dying. All my movies HAVE to be comedy, romantic or children oriented so that I can sleep good during the night and feel good during the day.
QueenBeauty?
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 1

Postby apu922177 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:27 pm

you are having some sort of dark phobia or something ... you should share it to your husband .. that might work.. consulting an expert may be better
apu922177

Likes Received: 1

Postby Alexander Ang » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:24 am

Hi Queenbeauty,

You may be surprise that there are many people out there sharing the same experience with you. This is what we call the "Bedtime Fear".

To overcome this issue, firstly you need to know what are the thoughts and emotion that comes to you when you are alone preparing yourself to sleep?

Some common emotion including: Fear of Unknown? Darkness? Insecurity or could it be anxiety?

Find out what's yours.

Next, think of what can you do to reduce the emotion. Leaving with some lights on is fine. Or switch on the fans to reduce any "Weird Noise" that makes you uncomfortable.

Before you go to bed, read something that helps to soothe your mind and soul. This helps to calm your mind and body.
You can even get yourself a pet to accompany you. :)

Just some little tips and hope it helps.
Sending you lots of love and lights.
Alexander Ang

Likes Received: 3

Postby LSUPeart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Shoot, I have slept alone most my life having never been in a long relationship. I have trouble NOT sleeping alone! When a woman is next to me, I hear every breath, every snore, every movement disturbs me, etc. lol.

I wouldn't worry about anything. Probably just what you are used to. If you slept by yourself for a few weeks, you would get used to that, too.
LSUPeart

Likes Received: 4

Postby Zoe » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 am

I know exactly what you mean. I was like you, but eventually at times my choice was too sleep alone and meditate. It gave me a different kind of unknown strength, the pleasure of good silence, or my music could be very healing and almost magic
Zoe

Likes Received: 7