What makes successful persons?

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:52 pm

We all advance at the perfect rate for us, we are all different, comparing never brings us happiness, knowing that we are trying our best, ding what is right for us, this is the path of consistent happiness
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby ali1369 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 pm

JuliusFawcett wrote:We all advance at the perfect rate for us, we are all different, comparing never brings us happiness, knowing that we are trying our best, ding what is right for us, this is the path of consistent happiness

But if happiness be a goal for we, what is need to tolerate pains to get a success? If we want have a happiness and enjoy what thing motivate we to get a success? :D
ali1369

Likes Received: 0

Postby JuliusFawcett » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:56 pm

The only success that we would really like is to be consistently happy. This is easy, of course it is! If it was really hard work we wouldn't be happy doing it. Accepting who we are and enjoying it is available to everyone right now, it is a choice. This life is not a rehearsal, this is it! Love every moment :)
JuliusFawcett

Likes Received: 552

Postby ali1369 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:15 am

JuliusFawcett wrote:The only success that we would really like is to be consistently happy. This is easy, of course it is! If it was really hard work we wouldn't be happy doing it. Accepting who we are and enjoying it is available to everyone right now, it is a choice. This life is not a rehearsal, this is it! Love every moment :)

I understand what do you say. Very thanks for your good ideas I try to happy every second of my life.
ali1369

Postby stulearner » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:56 am

People fail in life because of their negative way of thinking. your body is controlled by your brain. I read an example that sometimes you hear that a person slapped other and he died. the reason for his death wasn't that he was weak or something but because the person slapping him, has the thought of killing him. although he didn't acted upon his thought and just slapped him but his mind had prepared his hand according to the killing thought. so his hand hit other at a fatal point like at neck breaking his bones etc and he died.

similarly, if you believe you'll never be succeeded in life, then you will never. as it is said, " as you sow, so shall you reap." so it all depends on you way of thinking.

about the comparison point, remember comparison isn't a good motivator. it destroy your personality. let's take another example.

if A is rich and happy, B compares himself to A and lose his self confidence, become jealous of A, develop inferiority complex hence destroying his personality and chances of success. See, it doesn't motivated him but decreased his motivation and wish for the success.

now, another aspect is that B is richer than A. Then what will happen? B will be proud to see A is poor. This produce superiority complex, awoke his mean spirit etc again damaging his personality. He isn't motivated but become relax as he's better than A, so his wish for getting better and better decrease.

Another point, if B don't know A, and in their first meeting A tells the stories of his successful life, B gets jealous, damaging himself. But the reality is A is lying just to hide the reality or to comfort his inner depression of being poor.

Now the point is, then how to get motivated? You can't motivate yourself by comparing with others but by comparing with your past accomplishments. When you start learning a language, first you learnt a few words. A week later you knew a hundred words, a month later, you started to form sentences. Now, if you compare your now self with the past when you knew a few words, your confidence increase and your wish to learn more increase as well. If you compare yourself with a native speaker, your confidence decrease. What do you think now?
stulearner

Postby ali1369 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:43 am

stulearner wrote:People fail in life because of their negative way of thinking. your body is controlled by your brain. I read an example that sometimes you hear that a person slapped other and he died. the reason for his death wasn't that he was weak or something but because the person slapping him, has the thought of killing him. although he didn't acted upon his thought and just slapped him but his mind had prepared his hand according to the killing thought. so his hand hit other at a fatal point like at neck breaking his bones etc and he died.

similarly, if you believe you'll never be succeeded in life, then you will never. as it is said, " as you sow, so shall you reap." so it all depends on you way of thinking.

about the comparison point, remember comparison isn't a good motivator. it destroy your personality. let's take another example.

if A is rich and happy, B compares himself to A and lose his self confidence, become jealous of A, develop inferiority complex hence destroying his personality and chances of success. See, it doesn't motivated him but decreased his motivation and wish for the success.

now, another aspect is that B is richer than A. Then what will happen? B will be proud to see A is poor. This produce superiority complex, awoke his mean spirit etc again damaging his personality. He isn't motivated but become relax as he's better than A, so his wish for getting better and better decrease.

Another point, if B don't know A, and in their first meeting A tells the stories of his successful life, B gets jealous, damaging himself. But the reality is A is lying just to hide the reality or to comfort his inner depression of being poor.

Now the point is, then how to get motivated? You can't motivate yourself by comparing with others but by comparing with your past accomplishments. When you start learning a language, first you learnt a few words. A week later you knew a hundred words, a month later, you started to form sentences. Now, if you compare your now self with the past when you knew a few words, your confidence increase and your wish to learn more increase as well. If you compare yourself with a native speaker, your confidence decrease. What do you think now?

Yes. This was same thing that I wanted listen from you, only kind of thinking makes a difference. Every people have a chance for get a success but only that groups who are good thinkers get that.
In the case of your examples I think if we don't consider other peoples we can't success. We should get a balance in every moment of our lives. We could see everyone success and only learn of them about, how we can get a good way to success. What do you think about this?
Last edited by ali1369 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ali1369

Postby Alexander Ang » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 am

Hello there,

Thank you for the sharing your thoughts. :idea:

To me, success has a variety of definition and it also appear to be subjective in most individuals.

below are what I learnt and what I belive about success: -

1) Success is about doing something towards your goal every time

2) You don't have to be successful only when you reach your goal. You are successful today when you do something towards your goal.

3) Success is a journey, not a destination

4) what separates a successful person and not so successful one is the way they response and the action steps they take in time of challenges and failure.

5) Successful people response and do not react.

6) Successful people took massive action and work on solution. Others blame, complain and give up.

7) Successful people enjoy doing what they love, and what they do best.

That's what I believe and what I practise from time to time. :)
Cheers!
Alexander Ang

Likes Received: 3

Postby ali1369 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 am

Alexander Ang wrote:Hello there,

Thank you for the sharing your thoughts. :idea:

To me, success has a variety of definition and it also appear to be subjective in most individuals.

below are what I learnt and what I belive about success: -

1) Success is about doing something towards your goal every time

2) You don't have to be successful only when you reach your goal. You are successful today when you do something towards your goal.

3) Success is a journey, not a destination

4) what separates a successful person and not so successful one is the way they response and the action steps they take in time of challenges and failure.

5) Successful people response and do not react.

6) Successful people took massive action and work on solution. Others blame, complain and give up.

7) Successful people enjoy doing what they love, and what they do best.

That's what I believe and what I practise from time to time. :)
Cheers!

Hi dear Alexander and welcome,
these sentences are very nice and correct. I am very pleased with them. Very thanks :)
ali1369

Postby stulearner » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 am

Julius and Alexander, thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. I think the summary is that positive thinking is the key to a successful life. if you're a positive thinker, you'll never be weakened by the hardships and will always see the good points in life.
ali, that's right when you're a positive thinker, you'll never compare yourself with others.instead you'll learn something from their success or failure. also you'll learn from your mistakes and improve yourself making your way towards the success.
stulearner

Postby ali1369 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:41 pm

stulearner wrote:Julius and Alexander, thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. I think the summary is that positive thinking is the key to a successful life. if you're a positive thinker, you'll never be weakened by the hardships and will always see the good points in life.
ali, that's right when you're a positive thinker, you'll never compare yourself with others.instead you'll learn something from their success or failure. also you'll learn from your mistakes and improve yourself making your way towards the success.

Yes,that's right. I think we have a good discussion with each other. :) I hope so all of we get a success and happiness. 8)
ali1369

Postby insights » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:05 pm

Everyone has their own path that only they can follow, in order to be successful. An important point is that success does not = money. While it can, it also can be simply that you are enjoying your life and what you do.

In order to achieve success, I believe you must have desire. Desire will drive you to reach your goal. You must first identify what it is that you desire to "be", not "have" in life. If you try to follow in the footsteps of someone else, you will not be following your passion and this causes "pain points". By that I mean, you are not content, you still have frustration that you are not doing what you desire.

The way to have success is to stop looking at others. Find who you are, and what YOU are wanting to do, and when you have truly found this, desire will kick in and motivate you to achieve it. You can't fake desire. You must find your own path. Spending time looking at others and being jealous of them, or what they do, or what they have, will only keep you standing still, and not moving toward YOUR purpose.

I hope this helps :)
insights

Likes Received: 9

Previous