I want to share an AWESOME experience

Postby george5030 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:49 am

Hey guys,

As many of you may know it's been almost 14 months since I quit smoking weed. I experienced intense PAWS symptoms and went through an entire mental recovery process. Which I still struggle and experience some of the symptoms on some days but in a much lowered level, as it is supposed to be. I havent smoked pot since and Im not planning to ever do it again. Ive been recently drinking often and I know this isnt helpful at all, emotionally and economically. But I just recently moved to Montreal and this is a beautiful and fun city. I cant really describe how awesome this place is. However, today, for the first time in my life I tried mdma and took the risk of popping a drug into me again. All I can say is that this is the most peaceful and relieveful drug Ive ever taken. I was scared and drunk at first before taking it. Im a very sensitve and emotional person and I tend to be very sensitive when it comes to drugs cause I know they can be a big trigger for anxiety. However, once this drug took effect on my, all my fears and anxiety subsided completely. I felt full of love and empathy and could observe my situation from a totally different point of view. I read about mdma and its effects on anxiety and its actually used by psychiatrics with patients that suffer from severy anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. I was scared it could trigger my anxiety again but while being high on the drug I experienced a beautiful sensation. Im not encouraging anyone to try the drug and make everyone believe that taking drugs is ok, NO. Im just saying that if you're planning to take this drug, this is much safer than drinking and smoking pot, really it was a beautiful experience. Of course, my serotonin levels were agitated and I had to take some 5HTP to level my serotonin levels again. But its been a great and beautiful experience on my life. Anyone who's thinking about trying it, just take in mind to be fully relaxed and hydrated during the trip. You shouldnt have any problems. If anyone has a experience to share with me, PLEASE Id appreciate it! Take care guys!
george5030

Likes Received: 1

Postby WannaBeBetter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 am

First few times you take it, MDMA is a really amazing drug: you feel incredibly relaxed, peaceful, like all the world is your best friend. Unfortunately this (in my experience, and I took that drug around 10 times with 1+ months between 2 of them) fantastic state of mind quickly become an uncomfortable "meh, I remember this was really better last time" state of mind.
WannaBeBetter

Likes Received: 3

Postby HDog455 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Thank you WannaBeBetter for that feedback - that pretty much sums up the reality of taking ANY drug. Regardless of what is happening in the professional arena with MDMA, it is ultra important that we don't use that as some sort of excuse.
HDog455
MVP
MVP

Likes Received: 91

Postby Bodhidharma » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:12 pm

My drug is fresh air and water. I don't drink or do drugs but that fresh air is free and like ready now to take.

I tell's yeh it does some good thinking. That or I think about suicide.
Bodhidharma
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 7

Postby therebirth » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Congrats on 14months as we both share the same length off the weed. The day i quit weed from a panic attack i also quit cigarettes, alcohol and any mind altering substance including mere caffeine. I still have bits of the withdrawal symptoms and have been fighting my mind.

I'm sorry to hear you caved in on taking MDMA George. I know the feeling of MDMA as I've tried it once myself. Its one of the clearest most innocent feeling.. i tried it 2months before i quit weed. You have to get clean and build your mind on withstanding the struggles of life than leaving that for drugs. The sad truth is the same awesome feeling can be said for the first time u try cocaine, speed, heroine etc.. Just like u see us talk about PAWS from weed here, there are people who have experienced a psychotic breakdown from MDMA. At the end of the day, it's your life and you own it. Be wise my friend, don't place yourself right back in denial.
therebirth

Likes Received: 4

Postby george5030 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Thank you all for your replies and for sharing your thoughts on this topic

Therebirth, man I really appreciate your words and for showing care about me. I want to make very clear that even though I liked the high of drug, that doesn't mean it can be an excuse of taking it. I think I'm mature enough to know what is good or bad to me and if I decide to eventually take any other drug is because I know what to expect from it. I'm not planning to take it any time soon and I know it was a mistake to post this here because I know of many who are struggling with psychotic breakdowns from molly.
george5030

Postby george5030 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:38 pm

So to everyone who read this post, I am very very sorry for posting this and making it seem as something that in reality isn't. Drugs can be awesome but sadly they are really bad for us and specially our mental health when we have mental illnesses tendencies as most of us. Please don't even think about taking molly or any other drug. Take care and good luck to everybody
george5030

Postby Salsa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:13 am

Don't be sorry. You did what you felt it was right at that moment ...
Salsa
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 59

Postby lynne66 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:07 am

Dear Geoge -

MDMA can be a great experience at first. And you tried it at least once, so you know what it can be like. Unfortunately the come-down can be quite harsh and depressing as it overtaxes something in your brain that has to do with serotonin and maybe a few other things.

I have had friends who have done Molly and whatnot every chance they got it seemed (well into their 40's too!) and never got severely depressed like I did the few times I did it with them. And then I heard stories of people overdoing MDMA and then jumping off a balcony finally due to the residual depression.

But I think other things are wrong with these more robust friends mentally - now that I got away from them all. I did it a few times in my 30's and after the third time, I became so depressed it was scary. I don't ever remember becoming that depressed when I did pure MDMA twice in my teens. I don't even know why I did it in my 30's other than the crowd I was mixed up with and I had severe PTSD from an accident and wasn't thinking or acting properly for a while after. And I was on Paxil, which caused me to have my first real bipolar episode and I was doing all kinds of things that were not in character for me. It was a heavy psychoactive drug using crowd.

Well, you tried it once but definitely be careful going down that road. You don't know what might happen as your brain is wired for sensitivity. For all I know those few extra times lead to worsening depression. I can't say. Things did get worse for me after spending too much time around the Burningman, art, and music folks.

I am glad you are still resolved about weed. So am I. The longer I stay away from it, the more normal it seems that I just don't do it nor want to. The craving periods come and go but are getting less and less.
lynne66
Preferred Member

Likes Received: 50

Return to Addictions