my marijuana quit diary

Postby lmcbride » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 am

TrojanTerry-

It wasn't long ago that I was in the same place as you, questioning what I'm doing, who I am, what my purpose is, etc. I think it's day 80 for me now and I can truly say that there is light at the end of the tunnel! There was a really scary period for me when I would look in the mirror and legitimately not know who I was and the feeling that I,d never be normal again.

Don't give up hope, the best thing you can do is exercise, and stay positive and know that this will all pass. I think days 30-50 were probably the worst for me, but I feel better and better with each passing day. I've also taken up meditation which has helped me immensely in understanding my thoughts and emotions, and simply observing them rather than trying to stop them (which only makes it ten times worse)

I found an awesome app called Headspace which teaches you how to meditate in 10-minute sessions. It's awesome.

Keep up the fight and know this will pass in time!
lmcbride

Likes Received: 69

Postby trojanterry » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:17 pm

Imcbride,

Thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that even by day 80 you are feeling that much better. That makes me feel confident because I start back up school on January 19th 2016 (just about my day 90) and I definitely don't wanna feel like I do today when that arrives!

As for the exercise I know that's going to help and it's about unfortunate that I have to limit that right now because of my acl rehab but I will only be able to more as time goes on. Golf is my favorite thing to do physically so I can only imagine I will feel even better when I get to the point where I can resume that again. I will give headspace a try, thanks for the suggestion
trojanterry

Likes Received: 0

Postby iamawesome » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Guys please reply to my post. I really need help. Please
iamawesome

Postby trojanterry » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello All, (this thread doesn't seem to be as active as it once was but i'm going to keep posting here instead of starting my own)

today marks day 30 for me with no weed, ive made it 1-Month, and it feels good to reach a milestone.

since my last post at day 17 ive had some changes but ive learned a lot more about anxiety and the physical symptoms that come with it and just knowing more about it has made it so much easier to cope with it.

my main physical symptoms are sore back, odd stomach sensations, and mostly what i have figured out is probably RLS or restless leg syndrome, It is my understanding that this is what causes the irritability, tingling/numbing/burning/twitching anywhere in the legs from the feet, calves, quads, hamstrings,knees and hips. i know its not a common withdraw symptom but judging on how i smoked everyday allday for about 7 years it makes sense why im getting it. The whole body will feel the process of the detox and that explains my RLS. Just knowing about it has made it easier to deal with and it makes me more excited to go to ACL rehab, knowing that the sensations in my legs are prob not as much connected to my knee surgery, at least not 100%. It also makes sense because RLS can be directly correlated with dopamine levels. also im still tense in the neck and shoulder blades and get a little bit of these numb/tingle feelings in my hands and forearms but they are not as severe, this is also possible in the detox process for heavy/chronic smokers

one thing that concerns me is that at 1 month i coughed up pretty much ZERO mucus or phlegm, and ive read that that is basically the most common withdraw symptom. Mentally my anxiety and depression has been a lot better, which i credit to learning about the RLS, because id get those feelings solely off how my legs were feeling. Another thing that worries me at this point is my cognitive ability. I feel like an idiot or a stupid person unable to learn and have no desire to sit down and learn something or figure out complex problems. i start back college again Jan. 19th of the new year and that will be my day 93 without weed, so i hope it changes by then.

other than what i described, i can at least say i have a ton better positive outlook on the process than i did only two weeks ago when i was on day 17 and first posted. i will probably post month by month now unless i get some severe changes.
trojanterry

Postby lmcbride » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Trojan Terry- check out my recent post.

Keep up the fight!
lmcbride

Postby Dave1984 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:11 am

Hi guys,

Is this thread still active?

Im having horrible mental & physical withdrawl symptoms. Headaches, upper & lower backache at different times, neck pain sometimes, restless legs at night, bad dreams, ringing in my ear, sweaty one minute & then cool the next, anxiety, depressed one minute & the happy the next, tiredness one minute & then wide awake the next. I seem to be eating ok but only really one meal & then a few Pringles or crisps at night. I keep thinking im dying & im driving my family nuts! They know how heavy my use was, every day/night. Sometimes i would pre roll 7 joints for the night but it was eventually causing my panic attacks. I havent told my doctor about the weed, just my pains etc. Shes sending me for an MRI after she receives my blood work. Had blood taken on the 24th December. Been heavy smoking green or solid for since i was 16.

Anybody else experiencing these heavy withdrawl symptoms? My last joint was the 15 December.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
Dave1984

Likes Received: 1

Postby lmcbride » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:16 am

Dave- these are all very typical withradawal symptoms that many of us experienced in the first month of quitting.

Exercise and meditation really helped me manage my anxiety. Also, i would recommend checking out an herbal supplement called holy basil. Literally a life saver for me!

I'm going strong almost at 4.5 months and feel much better than I did in the first month. It will get better, keep up the fight!
lmcbride

Postby endofdelta9 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:31 am

Dear Dave i can relate to all you said mainly i also thought i was Dying that was very strong and also the panic that i felt when i smoked Imcbride right what you said

am 1 1/2 years since i quit and it will get BETTER and Better the beginning is rough very rough but there is a great pay off you will know it more and more

Delta 9
endofdelta9

Likes Received: 36

Postby Dave1984 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:36 am

Imcbride - Thanks a lot for the quick reply mate. I'll defo check that out, thanks for the advice. What a horrible thing to get myself into. I hate myself for abusing it for so long. I've came off it before for but it didn't last but I cant seem to remember if the withdrawal symptoms were the same. I think I've smoked a lot more than I did the last time. Over £100 per week!! I just wish it was more well known to the public how this stuff can seriously affect you if you abuse it! The random upper back pain is what's seriously upsetting me, not the pain itself as I just take 2 Ibuprofen & it goes. The pain is never severe but I keep thinking I've got something seriously wrong with my lungs & im going to die! My breathing is absolutely fine & i dont have much phlegm etc. Does it really take up to 2 years for this stuff to completely eradicate from my body & mind? I couldn't go through this for that long, i would jump out a window.

Christmas day wasn't that great because of all the mental & physical feelings.They say pain is your body talking to you so its scaring me. Constantly thinking i have something pernicious going on inside my body & the fear im going to die when i really just want a second chance at life as I haven't had one one for almost 7 years. No job, social life or friends left really as their lives have all moved onwards & upwards & i would just sit in my room all the time. Im a shell of my former self. Its madness! Im really hoping that this year will be my year to get back on track & live some sort of normal happy existence. Have you or anybody else tried the anti depressant/anti anxiety route while coming off it? I should be taking them but i dont want the side effects of those tablets affecting me on-top of the weed withdrawal.
Dave1984

Postby Dave1984 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:38 am

Delta 9 - Thanks for your reply too buddy. This forum has really eased my anxiety tonight. You's are all really inspirational in this mad journey of coming off this stuff :-)
Dave1984

Postby endofdelta9 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:38 am

bestrong DAve1984 i am glad it helped a bit it is an enormous undertaking to stop IT nothing less then some kind of an excorcism Marijuana is the Leaf of fear and paranoia so in the beginning one has a tidal wave of all of this

i think in the beginning it is good to have a bit of anxiety meds it helped me a lot have a break here and there you will naturally let it go but it is a remedy maybe you have doc ..who can help you
you are right Dave most People dont know what it can do to you but if you get through this it will be very good very Good iwish you the BESTthe Forum is of great Help

DElta9
endofdelta9

Postby endofdelta9 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:40 am

one more thing it is typical to have all kinds of pain going in and out of the Body it will all subside but it takes some time

D9
endofdelta9

Postby Dave1984 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:53 am

endofdelata9 - Thank you so much1 Its so reassuring to know that people in this day & age actually care!
Dave1984

Postby trojanterry » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:26 pm

@ Dave

im on day 70 today after quitting (smoked 6 or 7 years straight all day/everyday) and i have the same symptoms as you pretty much to exact. the upper and lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain. restless legs that get numb/tingly. i guess ive gotten a little better since i last posted at 1 month free, but my anxiety/depression has actually increased since then. i dont talk to my friends havent hung out with them at all all winter break and turn my phone off most of the time. this worries me the most, i dont think ill ever wanna even hang out with my friends again at this point or even try to find a romantic relationship, as i pointed out in my first post im recovering from a 3rd acl knee surgery in my lifetime and im currently 13 weeks post op tomorrow, so this could be adding to my pains/anxiety but i still believe the withdraw symptoms are making things 100 times worse.
trojanterry

Postby trojanterry » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 pm

@dave

also worth mentioning that at day 70 I have coughed up pretty much ZERO phlegm still. unlike you my breathing does seem not normal but I'm sure it's just the lungs trying to recover, which like most of the symptoms will take a lot of time.
trojanterry

PreviousNext